Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyghu58Pic
Old 07-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
You should re-read my post.
I did not sa yo syated yo have killed a mess of animals at 500 yards, i stated exactly what yo said in your ealeir post.
And if you think that the 3o0 mag is so much better than "smaller rifles" you are wrong unless you state which ones, becuse there are numerous "smaller rifles" actually it's the cartridge, the rifle has very little to do with it.
And no, i do not believ your braging aout being able to take a 500 yard shot because you shoot a 30 magnum.

However, I obvously no nothing baout long range shooting or ballistics so I will retire from this thread.
Cat
No not everyone is an idiot this site, but when one professes to kill a mess of anmals at 500 yards,see this is exactly what you wrote in,and now you say you didnt say that,what are you smoking
Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
What people are saying is join a F&G club....get involved and help propose a range for your area....getting involved with a group of like minded folks is the best thing you can do for the future of our sport(s).

LC
ok and how much is that cost to join,and where is it
Old 07-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
What people are saying is join a F&G club....get involved and help propose a range for your area....getting involved with a group of like minded folks is the best thing you can do for the future of our sport(s).
Exactly.If everybody was like you, and stood around waiting for someone else to build a range, there still wouldn't be any. Join the local Fish &Game club, and work with the members to build a range. Do something to get a range built, rather that complain that there isn't one.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
http://www.afga.org/html/content/clubandzones/
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twytter View Post
Not sure where you live but if you went to an AFGA Website you might find one nearby.

LC
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
It appears that now my keyboard has consumed a portion of my beverage. Thanks for the laugh gitrdun.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
No not everyone is an idiot this site, but when one professes to kill a mess of anmals at 500 yards,see this is exactly what you wrote in,and now you say you didnt say that,what are you smoking
Cat?....well he smokes Varget of course.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionab1 View Post
It appears that now my keyboard has consumed a portion of my beverage. Thanks for the laugh gitrdun.
That's now that's the "turd" keyboard I wrecked this evening. Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Perhaps you're a single parent and with all that and then some, yeah...I suppose that I can understand your problem. Ok, so I'll leave that part of it alone. Just don't expect me to believe that 500 yard shots on game animals are within your relm with such a limited amount of trigger time. Otherwise, I wish you the best in finding a place where you can zero your rifle and wish you nothing but the best of luck come hunting season.
well i wont pay you to beleive me,but my friend and uncle was with me when i shoot a moose over 500 yards,i aint bs and i dont say i do shoot them at 500 yards all time cause it doesnt happens often to see them that far but i did twice,1 moose and 1 deer,and for those that think there the only one that can hit a target at 500 yards good for you
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 PM

better yet, head er back to qeer-bec and ask tom mulcair to build you a range, i'm sure another royalty transfer is heading east soon, lee

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
thanks elkhunter11,will look into it
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
well i wont pay you to beleive me,but my friend and uncle was with me when i shoot a moose over 500 yards,i aint bs and i dont say i do shoot them at 500 yards all time cause it doesnt happens often to see them that far but i did twice,1 moose and 1 deer,and for those that think there the only one that can hit a target at 500 yards good for you
What instrument did you use to verify the distances of those two shots?How many shots fired in total for each animal?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
better yet, head er back to qeer-bec and ask tom mulcair to build you a range, i'm sure another royalty transfer is heading east soon, lee
well i aint from qeer-bec,and fck some people are rude and doesnt know what there talking about,if you dont know people well,better look yourself in the mirror
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM

just use the scope and shoot.. its not rocket science.. it helps if you gun is rated for longer range. and you have shot your gun in .. go shoot your gun in Tywtter.. and happy hunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssh8Vsbvn2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48Eo...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03qtX...eature=related

Last edited by Speckle55; 07-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

twytter: don't get me wrong, I hit animals at 500 yards all the time....they're made of 1/2" steel plate. You seem to have settled down a bit, this is good. Just take a bit of advise to join a club, I guarantee you some nice shooting time, you might also meet some very nice people who are willing to share their wisdom and experiences, good and bad. If you took offence to certain comments, so be it but you gotta remember that this isn't the OWN network. Again, I wish you the best in your endeavours and get that 300WM from under the bed and get in some trigger time.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
What instrument did you use to verify the distances of those two shots?How many shots fired in total for each animal?
you know what i didnt had in instrument to mesure but when you cant see a 54 in width spread antlers on a moose,or like my uncle couldnt even see the moose by eyes,it tells me that is a far shot,and 500yards or more
Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so now YOU owe me a keyboard....bastage.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
you know what i didnt had in instrument to mesure but when you cant see a 54 in width spread antlers on a moose,or like my uncle couldnt even see the moose by eyes,it tells me that is a far shot,and 500yards or more
Is that doping 101?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
it helps if you gun is rated for longer range.
I must be missing something, because I have owned over 100 firearms myself, and I have handled hundreds more, and I have yet to see one come with a range rating.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
well i aint from qeer-bec,and fck some people are rude and doesnt know what there talking about,if you dont know people well,better look yourself in the mirror
Lee checks himself out in the mirror often, I know...I've caught him.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
just use the scope and shoot.. its not rocket science.. it helps if you gun is rated for longer range. and you have shot your gun in .. go shoot your gun in Tywtter.. and happy hunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssh8Vsbvn2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48Eo...eature=related
thanks again speckle55,i cant wait to go hunting again,i been waiting to go since the last day i went last year,hope you have a great year and get yourself a big monster
Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
I must be missing something, because I have owned over 100 firearms myself, and I have handled hundreds more, and I have yet to see one come with a range rating.
Wait elk, I've got a printer and some little sticky labels....on the way!. Need a passport?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
The reason that I ask, is that I have used a rangefinder in an attempt to verify some supposed long shots, and the actual distance has always been less than what the shooter claimed. In one case, a supposed 700 yard shot turned out to be just over 350 yards, and several supposed 500 yard shots were under 300 yards. The giveaway in most cases is asking the person where they held the crosshairs. It's surprising just how many people have no clue as to the trajectory of their load. Some people are shocked to learn that if you zero a 7mmremmag, or a 300win mag, at 100 yards, and hold on a deer's back at 500 yards, the shot should not hit the deer in the heart.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Is that doping 101?
i dont know if you call it doping but i know it was the longest shot i hit,and i am sure it was 500 yards or more,i have been in range that is 300 yards and it was way farter then that
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Wait elk, I've got a printer and some little sticky labels....on the way!.
That is about the only way that you will find a range rating on the vast majority of firearms.

Quote:
i dont know if you call it doping but i know it was the longest shot i hit,
So how many shots have you attempted and missed?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 PM

as long as it wasn't so much farter it was greasy!

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont know if you call it doping but i know it was the longest shot i hit,and i am sure it was 500 yards or more,i have been in range that is 300 yards and it was way farter then that
For your information, a .300WM 180gr bullet that drops 21" at 400 yards will have dropped 42" at 500 yards. The mere 100 yard difference at that distance equates double the bullet drop. Your range estimation is "that" at best, an estimation and the 21" difference even on a large bull moose is either a shot in the dirt or a badly placed (for lack of better terms) shot that will wound an animal. And we all know that moose like to expire on flat ground near the tailgate of your truck. Hey twytter, you're just digging yourself in deeper.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM

Default agree

Quote:
The reason that I ask, is that I have used a rangefinder in an attempt to verify some supposed long shots, and the actual distance has always been less than what the shooter claimed. In one case, a supposed 700 yard shot turned out to be just over 350 yards, and several supposed 500 yard shots were under 300 yards. The giveaway in most cases is asking the person where they held the crosshairs. It's surprising just how many people have no clue as to the trajectory of their load. Some people are shocked to learn that if you zero a 7mmremmag, or a 300win mag, at 100 yards, and hold on a deer's back at 500 yards, the shot should not hit the deer in the heart.
i totally agree with you,a 300 win mag will drop about 4 feet at 500 yards so,no you wouldnt hit the deer
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
as long as it wasn't so much farter it was greasy!
Switch to 4 ply and avoid the grease.
Closed Thread