Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM

Default Canada Post Amuses Me

So I get a notice today on my tracking info that Canada Post would appreciate prepayment of their GST on my inbound parcel to help with Covid. Pre pay? The parcel has been in the mail since November. No thanks. I’ll wait and see if it shows up first.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-06-2021, 06:56 PM

I don't know who the carrier is any more, but I order an item off Amazon, it enter the country on 18th December, and is scheduled for delivery by 25th January. I figure its gotta be Canada Post delivering it....
Old 01-06-2021, 07:01 PM

I’d say you are spot on. The only business in the world who is weeks and weeks behind on orders, with people lined up at their place of business all day in a building that has never had a mortgage on it and they still can’t make money. Unbelievable.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-06-2021, 07:10 PM

That sounds pretty fishy to me, have you contacted Canada Post? Sounds like some kind of scam to me.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:10 PM

Couple weeks ago I had a parcel I was waiting on for almost 3 weeks. From Ontario. I finally see it’s in Calgary so should be next day, maybe 2 , cuz covid you know. Watched it get processed in Calgary like 3-4 days ina row. Finally departs, gets into a snafu in Vulcan and heads back to Calgary for 2 more days before finally heading down. Makes me understand how they’d want prepayment. About as inefficient an outfit as you can imagine
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 PM

I mailed a letter via Canada Post from Coutts Ab to Milk River Ab a distance of 10 miles. Took 14 days for delivery.... ?? next time i just drive it up
r
Old 01-06-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
I mailed a letter via Canada Post from Coutts Ab to Milk River Ab a distance of 10 miles. Took 14 days for delivery.... ?? next time i just drive it up
r
Or walk it, ride a horse, make it into a paper airplane....
Old 01-06-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Hale View Post
That sounds pretty fishy to me, have you contacted Canada Post? Sounds like some kind of scam to me.
No, when you track a package on Canada Posts website the message pops up with the amount owing.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-06-2021, 09:44 PM

I have received emails that are scams. Really have to be careful. Ordered a new credit card the day before yesterday from Toronto. Came via purolator. Picked it up tonight. Couriers are going to get a lot more of my business in future.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
I have received emails that are scams. Really have to be careful. Ordered a new credit card the day before yesterday from Toronto. Came via purolator. Picked it up tonight. Couriers are going to get a lot more of my business in future.

Purolator is owned by Canada Post (~ 95%).
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:

This wasn’t an email.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-06-2021, 10:08 PM

I think this is done so as to lessen the time you spend in the post office when you pick it up.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Purolator is owned by Canada Post (~ 95%).
Isn't that something!!!! Hard to figure how one might work well and the other be as useless as you know what on a boar.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:18 AM

Just had a nightmare around Christmas with the storm in Calgary, covid and the holidays. I was very choked as it was my passport and work visa I was waiting on. Was in Calgary the 24th at 4am. After several calls 28/29 I received it 3:30pm the 29th and I flew out at 11am the 30th. As upset as I was there support for tracking it down and getting it to me was great. I feared for the worst because well it’s Canada Post. But I was pleasantly surprised.....and quite obviously relieved
Old 01-07-2021, 06:44 AM

I’ve been waiting for packages for a month now as well, it’s good to see I’m not the only one who is waiting. I would use fedex, or dhl if I had a choice as both of these have excellent service and turn around times and there are no hidden costs.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:55 AM

Couple of scenarios:

1) Wife orders a book from Chapters ( Ontario) on November 28 for Xmas present. Was at CP office a week ago.

2) I ordered a tool from Amazon on December 5. Seller from Turkey. Was at the FedEx office in town on December 24.

What is amusing about that one is that it sat at Customs for 5 days prior to being cleared...another Federal agency...lol

Oh well...
Old 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Cancelled credit card on 4th of November, it was frauded. Told me new card would be 7-10 business days. 2 weeks later called them, wheres my card, covid they said, hadn't been processed yet, it will be 7-10 days, 3 weeks later, no card, went to bank they called, will be there by friday, faster if they send it to branch and I come pick it up, too weeks later, yesterday bank emails saying my card was in. lol. Good thing I rarely if ever use a credit card so it made no real difference to me.

On the other hand, 15th of December applied for a new PAL, covid, Christmas, New years holidays and It was in my mail box on the 4th 19 days later. Actually don't know when it was delivered, I only pick up my mail once a week. so it could have sat in the mail box for a week. Thought that was pretty fast.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Every time I have to get a parcel the conversation makes me laugh with the staff...they pick on me cuz I pick up my wife's parcels and they tell me I don't look like her

Many laughs and entertainment.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM

Christopher Columbus sailed for North America but landed up in the Dominican Republic. If that happened today he would be working for the post office.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Well for Us sent a express post envelope which should take 2 days to get there, looked at the tracking this morning, took 6 days to get there ,
Old 01-07-2021, 10:08 AM

I got notice that a package that entered the country Dec 9 is out for delivery but will not be delivered until I paid the taxes.

I have ordered for the same company in the US for years now and this is the first time I have been asked to pay that taxes.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:08 AM

All I have to say is that my older Brother works there.... That explains a lot....
Old 01-07-2021, 10:53 AM

I am no Canada Post fan boy but I have shipped a ton of parcels this last year alone. I tried the couriers for a few, what I will say, is go try using UPS or Fedex a few times for yourself and get back to me with how well that works out. Price, service (Canada post will pickup my shipments if I want at no extra charge, none of the couriers will), delivery exclusions and cost. Not to mention the hose job you get bringing anything over the border with UPS or Fedex. Only exception is Canpar, they work well for shipping powder, primers, ammo etc.

Canada post has been slow on some shipments and delivery but at least the item always arrives.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
Christopher Columbus sailed for North America but landed up in the Dominican Republic. If that happened today he would be working for the post office.
DR is in North America. Are you saying the post office does a good job?
Old 01-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Not Canada Post, sorry, slight derail Chuck, but I dropped an alternator off at DHL Tuesday in Red Deer, got an e-mail that it was received in Rochester, New York this afternoon around 2:30.

I find that pretty impressive.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Banned

I guess I’d just hate to be you guys. By Dec 27 I had placed seven different orders (Boxing Day items) from Amazon. All delivered by Canada Post. Last one arrived Tuesday.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not Canada Post, sorry, slight derail Chuck, but I dropped an alternator off at DHL Tuesday in Red Deer, got an e-mail that it was received in Rochester, New York this afternoon around 2:30.

I find that pretty impressive.
Derail away. It’s run it’s course. Laughing.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-22-2021, 08:47 AM

In the past 2 weeks, shipped a rifle to small town Sask, arrived in 4 days, signature obtained, one scope to small town BC 3 days, one scope to major city in Ontario, 4 days, signature on both scopes obtained, one rifle to small town Ontario 5 days. No damage or issues with any of them. I have a package coming from the states, baskets for a chest freezer, according to tracking 11 days to go from one handling site to another in Texas. At this rate I should see the freezer baskets in July.

Canada Post isn't perfect, but considering Covid and the volumes they are dealing with, still pretty good service.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:50 PM

I just received a Christmas card today fom my brother who lives in Sequim Washington. Was sent Dec 12 th.
Wonder where it got to for that many days. Oh well least i got it. Had photos in it I wanted.

Over all I've had ok service all these years. Much prefer USPS and our post offices to the couriers.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:18 AM

Default Canada Post

Well I used to be a big fan of Canada Post and used to get great service but I ordered from the US on Nov 24, 3 boxes. Took forever to get to Canada and arrived at Customs and then released to Canada Post at Mississauga on Jan 16. And no change to the tracking and it doesn't take that long to get from Ontario to Alberta. Hard to run a business when you get service from them like this.