Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Default Portable Power?

Does anyone have experience with the portable / battery chargers. These are the ones that you can charge your boat battery, or have it charged up and take it with you for an emergency boost. I'm looking for a good brand that I could pick up locally because shipping it in would be a killer based on weight. I'm really leery about Canadian Tire products. I was thinking this would be good for having in the boat after a long time using the Minn Kota.

Thanks Dodger.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Come on dodger dont knock camboadian tire they got more then crap there lol . I see that the fishing hole had one but not sure how it worked , but I did have one of them portable chargers that I got from cosco,it was 125 bucks or something, worked great until I forgot it in the box of my truck and someone must of walked by and taken it, kinda ****es me off but what do you do right.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks BBJ.
I will be at a Costco this week so I am going to see if there are any around. I found the Minn Kota battery charger at The Fishin Hole but can not find a portable power pack on there website. I will phone them this week and see what they have. It just crossed my mind that Princess Auto might have something so I may pop in there also. I'm a rookie boat owner ( with electronics ) and I want the portable boost just for piece of mind.

Dodger.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Right on , yeah princess auto might have something they always have good stuff there.