Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Default beauvais lake...new pontooner!

any secret spots boys... dont have my rowing arms yet. Thinking of heading out for may 24!
cheers & blue skies!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
jrs

The entire lake is loaded with little trout. Try fishing deep with big streamers if you want to catch the big browns. I've seen them taken spin fishing and through the ice but thats about it. Have a good trip, fun lake to kick the year off at.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 AM

I agree with jrs... Beauvais is full of stocked trout, so there can be found all over the lake. I usually find that the side of the lake opposite of the cabins fishes well because there is good cover. There is also a point opposite of the picnic area that I've had a lot of luck at. In all honesty though, you'll probably have success just about anywhere in the lake. Smaller nymphs work well, as do streamers such as wooly buggers. The fish in Beauvais are generally not very fussy.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Default cheers boys

thanks for the tips... I figured as much, I took a look at the 2007 alberta stocking report (google it, lots of info there) seems like they REALLY do stock this one!
May 2007 890 browntrout @ 19cm average
May 2007 4,900 rainbows @ 17cm average
may 2007 18,500 rainbows @ 18cm average
June 2007 25,100 browns @ 8cm average

you would think that the lake would be able to retain SOME of this population! I would like to see more catch & release, do we really need 5 a day? I actually gave a guy hell last year @ Beavermines, using a pickeral rig with corn, limited out, & was yanking em out to let his rottweiller shred them up!!!! What a *****!!