Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-17-2017, 03:57 PM

Default Wild West trigger kit

I was looking at the Wild West trigger kits on brownells website, it says they won't ship certain things to Canada without and import or export permit. However, I did manage to find a guy in bc selling them for 189.00 plus tax and shipping. Brownells lists them for 113.99. My question is does any one have one of kits and if so is it worth it? Also, would it be easier and less headache to spend what I assume to be the extra money and get it from the guy in BC?
Hopefully someone can steer me in th right direction. Thanks
Old 08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

they send you a document and you sign and return it
Old 08-17-2017, 04:15 PM

I cant comment on the trigger but by the time you pay conversion your at 150 give or take and you pay any duty or tax on it you probobly dont save much by odering it south of the border
Old 08-17-2017, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will look further into both options, if the import/export form is that straight forward I may go that route. But also check and see if there would be any saving s with the exchange rate and duties. Appreciate the help
Old 08-28-2017, 03:51 PM

I put one of these triggers in my Guide Gun. It's a very nice product if you happened to get one with a heavy or rough factory trigger.

My original trigger wasn't bad, but the upgrade still made noticeable improvement, and the trigger now breaks at a crisp 3.5 lbs with no creep.

Installation was super easy. A Google search will lead you to some decent instructions.

I ordered from Brownells back when the dollar was above par, and I think the price was just under $100, so no export permits were required at that time.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:56 PM

I got mine from brownells no problem a few years ago maybe you still can without hassle. It works great
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff336 View Post
I was looking at the Wild West trigger kits on brownells website, it says they won't ship certain things to Canada without and import or export permit. However, I did manage to find a guy in bc selling them for 189.00 plus tax and shipping. Brownells lists them for 113.99. My question is does any one have one of kits and if so is it worth it? Also, would it be easier and less headache to spend what I assume to be the extra money and get it from the guy in BC?
Hopefully someone can steer me in th right direction. Thanks
What is it you're looking to achieve with the trigger kit. Reduced trigger pull? Eliminate the marlin "floppy" trigger? I'm assuming it's for a Marlin. Are you handy and capable of taking your current assembly apart?
If you're familiar with the Marlin Owners forum there's lots of good info and "sticky's" on how to improve your existing trigger set up, make it crisp and reduce trigger pull without spending a dime. It won't correct the floppy trigger like the Wild West kit but then again most people don't find that to be a problem.