Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 07:57 PM

it is great for every one! strong work! lets hope that rats don't plummet to bad.

i'm thinking/hoping/wishing for a 5-6$usd average. but thats probably a little high.can allways hope eh.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 PM

Default nafa results

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Maybe we can consider this a fresh start and maintain good attitudes in the future. I know I've stirred the pot here more than once and regret it. I'd be willing to bet if we got our trapping members together in one place most would get along.
I'm sure everyone would get along. Seems like people on this trapping forum are usually willing to help out their fellow trappers. Unlike other forums on here. All those nights of checking snares with a headlamp on after working all day is paying off! Congrats to all the snare men out there, and the hard work they put in.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 01-26-2015 at 08:03 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-26-2015, 09:16 PM

I don't see on the NAFA site that any Marten sold today? What am I missing?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
I'm sure everyone would get along. Seems like people on this trapping forum are usually willing to help out their fellow trappers. Unlike other forums on here. All those nights of checking snares with a headlamp on after working all day is paying off! Congrats to all the snare men out there, and the hard work they put in.
No twig in the eye yet? Lol I was a little disappointed in what the top lot brought. But very happy with a 118$ us avg .
Old 01-26-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I agree with you and TFNG , this trapping discussion portion of the forum really is the friendliest place on here . Congrats to all the sellers today and lets hope the trend continues for the rest of the sale and year .
Old 01-27-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
I agree with you and TFNG , this trapping discussion portion of the forum really is the friendliest place on here . Congrats to all the sellers today and lets hope the trend continues for the rest of the sale and year .
Hopefully the circus performers (general forum "contributors") don't descend on the trapping forum....lol
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
I don't see on the NAFA site that any Marten sold today? What am I missing?
There where only a couple lots of marten, thinking there are left over from last year?
Best lot sold for $75 US. Most did not sell.
Just found the results.

Last edited by jim summit; 01-27-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:57 AM

Shouldn't be the last years leftovers cause they still have mine from last year! Plus all my lynx

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 01-27-2015, 09:05 AM

Top marten lot sold for $75US. Bottom priced lot sold for $44US. Only 10 of 31 lots sold. Listened to it live yesterday. Not much interest in marten at all.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Banned

Is anyone watching the Ranched Mink auction? I'm just wondering if anything can be determined wrt muskrat prices based on what mink are selling for.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM

they're saying prices are what they were last feb and strong competition so thats gotta be good for rats you'd think
Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 PM

Default nafa results

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy coyote View Post
No twig in the eye yet? Lol I was a little disappointed in what the top lot brought. But very happy with a 118$ us avg .
Funny you mention the ol' twig in the eye. Been there, done that! That, and the odd willow slap across the face in the cold. They really grab your attention. Congrats on your coyotes this year!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Banned

Ranched mink held up very well. I'm becoming more hopeful that muskrats won't do as badly as I thought they would.

TUESDAY JANUARY 27, 2015

Prices Advance on the First Day of NAFA’s January Mink Sale

The first day of NAFA’s January mink sale opened to a crowded auction room, filled with international buyers eager to bid on NAFA’s impressive collection of Pastel mink. Enthusiastic and highly competitive bidding continued throughout the day as nearly 400 buyers representing all markets, but clearly dominated by China, bought all of the mink that NAFA had to offer. Pastel, Palomino and Mahogany mink all sold at very strong and advancing levels from the last international auction.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:45 PM

What is the relation between ranch mink and muskrat?
Old 01-28-2015, 09:46 AM

In the past when ranch mink went high they bought rats and died them to look like mink but now they use them for other things also such as inside coat linings, hats etc so they dont follow mink prices as much as they used to.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned

My understanding is that when mink is low people will buy mink instead of muskrat for trim. Fewer muskrat buyers = lower prices.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Banned

Got a bit of a wait until they get to beaver and muskrat. Ranched mink prices look solid but I don't know what the average was for previous sales. Does anyone know how the prices for this auction compare with last season's?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Banned

Spirited Bidding on The Second Day of NAFA’s January Mink Sale

2015-01-28

NAFA’s January mink sale continued today, selling close to 100% of the offering under spirited bidding.

The extraordinary collection of Black NAFA female mink sold out at strong levels. Korea competed with China for better quality Black females, but buying throughout the day was again clearly dominated by the Chinese market.

The Demi males, Mahogany females, and NAFA’s collection of Pearl mink sold at advancing levels compared to the most recent international auction, with better qualities leading the way.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Hopefully the circus performers (general forum "contributors") don't descend on the trapping forum....lol
Circus performers .. LOL . A perfect description ..
Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Circus performers .. LOL . A perfect description ..
You mean guys like Okie lol A million posts of nothing to contribute
Old 01-29-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
You mean guys like Okie lol A million posts of nothing to contribute
About time someone said it
Old 01-29-2015, 01:46 PM

any muskrats sold yet?....
Old 01-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
any muskrats sold yet?....
Waiting. Last I looked they still have ranched mink, lynx cat, raccoon and beaver to go first. I think that I have time to get something done before muskrat comes up.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Waiting. Last I looked they still have ranched mink, lynx cat, raccoon and beaver to go first. I think that I have time to get something done before muskrat comes up.

NO NO rats are next,lynx cat and coons sold the other day half hour maybe from now rats then beavs.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
NO NO rats are next,lynx cat and coons sold the other day half hour maybe from now rats then beavs.
Where are we at then? Two more pages of ranched mink and then right into muskrat?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Funny you mention the ol' twig in the eye. Been there, done that! That, and the odd willow slap across the face in the cold. They really grab your attention. Congrats on your coyotes this year!
A twig in the eye hey?

# years ago I was hunting pheasants in the Taber festival. Walked thru a willow bush on the way back to the truck when...WHACK! Right in the eye. It hurt like a bugger too.

Next day I was hunting pheasants again along the river in some thick stuff. Walking thru the willows when... You guessed it. Right in the other eye.

I was more than agitated to say the least. The first eye was still red, watering and swollen from the day before. I looked like I had been on a 4 day bender.

The fella I was hunting with on the second day is an EMT and had a look at my peepers. He figured I should have it looked at so I went into the eye doc in Cross Iron Mills mall. The fella said I have two, yes, two, scratched corneas.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
A twig in the eye hey?

# years ago I was hunting pheasants in the Taber festival. Walked thru a willow bush on the way back to the truck when...WHACK! Right in the eye. It hurt like a bugger too.

Next day I was hunting pheasants again along the river in some thick stuff. Walking thru the willows when... You guessed it. Right in the other eye.

I was more than agitated to say the least. The first eye was still red, watering and swollen from the day before. I looked like I had been on a 4 day bender.

The fella I was hunting with on the second day is an EMT and had a look at my peepers. He figured I should have it looked at so I went into the eye doc in Cross Iron Mills mall. The fella said I have two, yes, two, scratched corneas.
Feelin your pain cowtown , done that myself , except it required surgery after I left it too long and developed an ugly scar on the eyeball that hindered my vision .. Keep an eye on it ..no pun intended . Now where are the skrats ??
Old 01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Banned

Five minutes.......MUSKRATS!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:06 PM

that sucked!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Banned

Why isn't the catalog listing getting updated with the prices? All that I'm getting is "To Be Auctioned" and I'm not getting updated. Anyone else?

Looking for sale prices for lots 19, 23, 25, 26, 32, 41, 45, 49 & 71

Last edited by HunterDave; 01-29-2015 at 05:33 PM.