Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2019, 05:52 PM

Default Hi to everyone and my first success of 2019

Hi Everybody, my dad 300magman let me set up my own account instead of having to look with him all the time. I love hunting and fishing and have been going with my dad my whole life. Last year for my 9th birthday dad got me the rifle i wanted, a savage 10BA in 6.5creedmoor with a nikon black x1000 to shoot long range targets with him. We have been doing lots of shooting and this summer i was hitting balloons and the gongs at 650yds most shots.

Today instead of going spot and stalking mule deer with a bow, dad let us call coyotes. The first stand we called in a double and they almost ran us over, i got the first one but missed a chance at the double. The next stand i got another one but it was mangy and we didnt take a picture. Last stand nothing came in. I have a collection of tails of 2 pointer coyotes and foxes I have shot and we will tan this ones tail too. It was 10yds away when I shot it.

Nice to meet everyone.

Here is how close it was

Old 10-19-2019, 05:54 PM

Well done young man. You are quite the marksman and writer too! Very impressive.

Welcome to AO. I look forward to reading about your adventures here
BW
Old 10-19-2019, 06:00 PM

Fantastic. Congratulations, nice write up and pictures. Well done. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 PM

Hi yourself young man..nice set up you got there, mighty impressive shooting skills, love your pictures, your knack at writing a great post...I think we are all going to be happy having such a fine outdoorsman here on AO...I look forward to seeing your future pictures and fun...Thanks for sharing today
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 10-19-2019, 06:10 PM

Congratulations on your coyote! I think you have great taste in rifles and I am really impressed with your write up. You must do well in school. Welcome to the forum!

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-19-2019, 06:36 PM

Thanks guys, he’ll be pumped to see this, couldn’t wait to get on here on his own lol. I think this is the only time he was saying he’s excited to get home from swimming to use his account. And for the writing, grandma was an elementary teacher and authored a few books, so she started on him early, definitely got a knack for writing like her.....I guess it skips a generation or something lol
Old 10-19-2019, 06:43 PM

This is awesome! You may realize this in it's entirety one day: you are one lucky kids to have the dad you do. He is an absolute beast of a hunter and you look like you're following in his footsteps.
Congrats on a successful set up today. It's rare to have them land in your lap like that. Always fun when that happens! Thanks for posting this
Old 10-19-2019, 07:38 PM

Well done young feller,
Sounds like your going to have a life time of fun and memories
Shooting ,hunting with your dad
Take care
Old 10-19-2019, 07:43 PM

Congrats on a great Coyote there 6.5CMman! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it. Cheers.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:43 PM

Great job Creed!
I know how much fun those yoteez can be!
Not only can you whack’em and stack’em, you’ve got a great knack to write about it as well.
I’ll be following your future endeavours, and best of luck this season.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 PM

Nice job on calling in the song dog, and good shooting! Sometimes that point blank shot is trickier than something way out there that you have time to look over. Welcome, and I look forward to more of your succes stories (very well written too!). TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-19-2019, 08:16 PM

Your dad is a gentleman and heck of a hunter. I’m glad to see you out in the bush and doing well.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:00 PM

Congratulations young man, keep up the good work. Glad to have you aboard, thanks for your share to the forum. Happy hunting and kind regards.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 PM

Welcome young feller!!!!

What a great first post. You're slamming it dude!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 10:26 PM

Good job bud. You're going to be a great hunter.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:29 PM

Your a very lucky young guy to have a father to do this with you

Wishing you plenty of great hunts, very very nice to see.

JD
Old 10-19-2019, 10:33 PM

Very good and hope to see more pics and stories throughout the coming years!

WDF
Old 10-19-2019, 11:14 PM
Banned

Love it. Well done !
Old 10-19-2019, 11:16 PM

Nicely done!! I look forward to the posts you will put up over the coming years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 PM

Congratulations young hunter, well done!
Cat
Old 10-20-2019, 12:20 AM

Excellent first post. Great writing and great pictures. Looks like it was an exciting hunt. I will look forward to reading your future posts 6.5CMman.

Even though you are young...
Might I suggest that now have your Dad or someone show you how to skin a coyote or fox. Shoot prime coyotes & foxes from late October until February, skin them and sell the pelts. Or find someone nearby that will buy them unskinned and they will skin them. You could earn some pretty good money for buying christmas gifts or more bullets. Some nice coyote pelts could be worth as much 100 dollars or even more each.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-20-2019, 12:29 AM

Great job!! Keep up with predator control, the world could use less K-9 predators.
Very nice rifle you have as well, looks like you’ll be a great marksmen soon enough. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:07 AM

Congrats 6.5 and welcome to the forum! Great write up and the smile says it all!! I just got back from an antelope hunt down South with my son and the smiles are priceless! Look forward to your future adventures and stories!!
Old 10-20-2019, 08:14 AM

I got excited just hearing your story.Nothing gets the heart going as a coyote running to ya at 10yds.Good for you on having fun with your Dad and cranking down them critters.You have a great future ahead enjoying the outdoors and being such a good marksman im expecting 200 yd shots from ya in no time.Lol.Good luck in all your future adventures and thanks for posting.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:25 AM

Default Creed

Great work young fellar! That’s awesome to see. Way too many kids stuck on video games and not the outdoors in this era. Great to see you out and about!!! Keep it coming.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:08 AM

Welcome to AO and a great 1st post. It looks like you are set up well to hunt coyotes and off to a good start. I can't wait to get out and have them charging in. Good luck and have a great season!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-20-2019, 09:20 AM

Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 10-20-2019, 09:27 AM

Thank you everyone for the replies and nice things you said. This made my day today!

Red bullets we snare coyotes and start that after hunting season is done. We have skinned some of our own and i am learning but not very good with their faces yet. Most we sell to someone because we got fleas in the house and the cat and dogs got fleas haha. I can skin muskrats good, we are allowed those in the house.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:29 AM

Everybody have a good season as well and i am looking forward to reading the stories and seeing the pictures
Old 10-20-2019, 10:39 AM

Default 6.5CMman

Congratulations and thank you for the story. I look forward to many more.
And your smile says it all 👍👍