Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 07:48 AM

Default Partnering a deer license?

An someone please explain to me how you can partner a tag with a family member. Is it legal to do so? My daughter has a mule deer draw, but hurt herself playing indoor soccer. Can we still use the tag without her being the shooter? Does she have to be along when a deer is taken? Thank you for your help.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 AM

You can partner any special licence (draw) with a youth. The original licence holder owns the tag. There are two licences now, for that one tag. So yes, the tag holder has to be present, but either licence holder can harvest the animal. It’s purpose is youth opportunity.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-10-2019, 08:05 AM

A youth can partner with an adult that holds the tag, but it doesn't mention anything about an adult being able to partner with a youth that holds the tag.

https://mywildalberta.ca/buy-licence...e-program.aspx

Quote:
Alberta's Youth Partner Licence Program allows an adult hunter to share his or her special licence opportunities with an eligible youth hunting partner. For just $12, you can share your hunting licence and mentor a youth.
But according to this, another youth could partner with the license holder.

https://mywildalberta.ca/buy-licence...s/default.aspx

Quote:
In addition, for just $12.00, an eligible youth can partner with any Special Licence holder and hunt under that authority of that licence.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
An someone please explain to me how you can partner a tag with a family member. Is it legal to do so? My daughter has a mule deer draw, but hurt herself playing indoor soccer. Can we still use the tag without her being the shooter? Does she have to be along when a deer is taken? Thank you for your help.
Like was mentioned she could partner another youth but she must be present for the hunt to tag the deer.

LC
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 AM

Default Partnering a deer license

Thank you very much for the replies guys! Looks like one adult cannot partner with another adult family member, especially when they are not going to be present. Have a great weekend gents!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Thank you very much for the replies guys! Looks like one adult cannot partner with another adult family member, especially when they are not going to be present. Have a great weekend gents!
Any draw allows the holder to partner with a youth or senior. Moose removes the senior requirement.