Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2020, 02:32 PM

Default Never Hurts to Send an Email

Put up a previous thread about only 10 mule doe tags being issued in 300 and was fairly certain it was a mistake. Saw the undersubscribed list and noticed there was 91 tags available, but one problem I was working Saturday and likely wouldn’t be able to try and get one until the afternoon. In reality I had a years priority so should have been 100% for a draw as only 37 priority 1’s had applied. I talked to fish and game who said that didn’t seem right, but we’re nice enough to give me the number to the licensing lady. Talked to her and she said well we screwed up on the computer, but that’s how we decided to do it. She was not very nice about it and basically told me best of luck on Saturday.

Angry, I sent a very polite email to the minister about how this was computer error, so shouldn’t the people who actually put in for the draw still have the opportunity etc. Low and behold someone from his office called me the next day. They told me the minister had no idea it had been handled this way and that someone who shouldn’t have made this decision did, but they would be rectifying it with the people who had applied to the draw. Got this email today. Never hurts to write an email!