Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM

Default 04 GMC side mirror

Some no-mind smacked my side mirror on the front street the other day on my '04 Sierra. No sense to stop and own up. Just the glass with backing plate was nocked off, broken glass. Signal LED signal assembly is OK. Mirror assembly still snaps back and forward, that's OK. Back plastic plate for the glass still has 11 out of 12 snap clips in tact, so looks to be able to go back in Ok when / if new glass is installed.
Mine is heated glass, dimming I think as there's antifreeze green like fluid on the broken glass, must be this dimming chemical.
Called the dealer, that say the whole unit off the truck needs to be replaced, likely storey $700. Then that back peddaled a bit and say glass only, $400, unreal, but he admits that that is glass with LED signal and backing plate. But I don't need all that either.
So I don't seem to be able to get the glass alone as all else sems OK.
Ebay shows glass only $40 and glass with backing plate $180.

Has anyone replaced just the glass on these GM side mirrors ?

TBark
Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Broke mine on 06 avalanche,heated,power selfdimming.For the glass only for this mirror I was charged 489.00 and was told this was a deal.they quoted me for the whole mirror assembly at approx 1300.00.Also I was told that this was a deal?Needed a mirrow so had to bite the bullet
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM

I bought a brand new aftermarket assembly at the large wreckers in Lacombe. Can't think of the name of the place but it was close to 200 bucks for the assembly. It WAS not as good as the original but the price was right. Don't know if they sell parts only.