Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 AM

Default Fly fishing Europe

Guys i need help! I'm gonna be heading to Europe at the end of August for 3 weeks and backpacking all around. I need recommendations on places to fly fish/rivers/guides/possible even ocean fishing.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slovenia-marble-trout.jpg (50.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg eunewneb.jpg (42.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Im gonna be in Europe in august as well.

What countries are you going to. I know of some spots in Czech Rep and Austria
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Cool

Its not quite that easy . Most waters in Europe are private or club water. So some home work on the areas you will be visiting will be crucial. It wont be a fine and a slap on the wrist if your in the wrong place.in most cases each water will have a day rate if the public is given access.
The UK is fishing mad so although pricey lots of stillwater access and some decent river sections to be had .
Holland, france both have miles of great canal waters pike , zander,carp to be had on the fly in most cases folks can fish three out fits so bait is the chosen method. (Check the regs as been a few yrs.) Germany, Austria,northen italy all have fantastic spots again private or club waters, some good access can be had at a price $$.
Do your home work and you will be fine, I suggest looking for a site like this in each country you plan on visiting or getting an actual phone call to tackle shops in the local areas.
Landing in a city and getting a licence and then just fishing will at least get you in hot water and at worst loss of gear.
Good luck if you are hitting the uk pm and I can give you better info.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 PM

Orlik reservoir in the Czech Republic is known for some amazing wels fishing. I've been to that res personally, but never fished it. You DO need a special license.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:27 PM

sorry for the highjack, but does anyone know of any European tackle stores that ship to Canada? Looking for tectan line and some tackle. thanks guys, sorry OP

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
sorry for the highjack, but does anyone know of any European tackle stores that ship to Canada? Looking for tectan line and some tackle. thanks guys, sorry OP
Tackle uk .com not sure if they carry what your looking for but they ship world wide.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 PM

Thanks fish gunner.

Had already checked it out, they didn't have what I was looking for. Ill keep trying.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 PM

ya I'll be in europe at the end of august. amsterdam, parague, croatia. ya i was really wondering how the fishing restriction work. but i was thinking if i do go to go with a guide. thanks for the info guys
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Banned

I can get you some good contacts for croatia and slovenia if you need some direction.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tight_lines View Post
ya I'll be in europe at the end of august. amsterdam, parague, croatia. ya i was really wondering how the fishing restriction work. but i was thinking if i do go to go with a guide. thanks for the info guys
I made an inquiry with a local regarding fishing at Slapy Reservoir south of Prague when I'm there in a few weeks. That particular place has pike, walleye etc and you can rent a boat and motor for about $30-40 per day and no permission is needed other than a national fishing license.

I'm really considering doing it and, although the Czech Fishing Union website is confusing to say the least, the process to go and wet a line isn't all that bad.

Remember to bring your Alberta fishing license with you as they require it in the Czech Republic to get a non-resident license and you need to get a Rod License as well (kinda like our version of a WIN card)...

http://www.rybsvaz.cz

Last edited by curtis_rak; 07-19-2013 at 09:43 AM.