Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-31-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny53 View Post
I bought a Marcum LX-3 when they first came out. Used it for many years with no issues. Bought the LX-7 at least 5 years ago and have no issues with it. Use it hole jumping, drag it behind a snowmobile in a skimmer, and so far its been golden. I hope i'm not lucky with the units I've had but I would buy a LX-7 again no question. It for sure out-fishes sns2's vexilar, or maybe its just the fisherman, ha!
Laughable
Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny53 View Post
I bought a Marcum LX-3 when they first came out. Used it for many years with no issues. Bought the LX-7 at least 5 years ago and have no issues with it. Use it hole jumping, drag it behind a snowmobile in a skimmer, and so far its been golden. I hope i'm not lucky with the units I've had but I would buy a LX-7 again no question. It for sure out-fishes sns2's vexilar, or maybe its just the fisherman, ha!
Some guys just seem to have bad luck with flashers. Both Jeffrey and sns fall in that category based on their experiences.

For every bad flasher there are many good ones, even when talking about the less dependable models. At least most of the ones that have issues are bad straight out of the box or within the warranty period(2 years on most flashers).

I would get fed up quick after having one or two of these $1000 flashers fail on me though so don't blame jeffrey or others for considering trying other units.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:04 AM

After 3 LX 7 fails in 5 years, I completely gave up on the MarCum brand... Not to mention, our vs825 camera died after the warranty was over and that had to be sent in for repair... I don't know what MarCum is doing, but I don't forsee any more of my $$ headed their way
Old 11-01-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Some guys just seem to have bad luck with flashers. Both Jeffrey and sns fall in that category based on their experiences.

For every bad flasher there are many good ones, even when talking about the less dependable models. At least most of the ones that have issues are bad straight out of the box or within the warranty period(2 years on most flashers).

I would get fed up quick after having one or two of these $1000 flashers fail on me though so don't blame jeffrey or others for considering trying other units.
I agree. If either of the Marcum units I purchased had failed, I would have bought a different brand for sure. Like I said, I hope I am not lucky with the ones I owned but based on my experience I would buy another one.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:07 AM

In my experience Marcums are loved or hated. They are great when they work but challenge was they dont always. Managing a fishing store I sent many defective ones back. Many worked well too but you never knew. If I was buying myself I would go Vexilar. Great machines, very reliable and most of the guys that have been around a long time will tell you they would buy another. Take your pick they both can be good products.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:06 AM

Thinking about the Marcum LX7 or Vex 28. Like the 1/4" target separation on the vex. Can't decide which one ? What would be your choice between the two ?

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Thinking about the Marcum LX7 or Vex 28. Like the 1/4" target separation on the vex. Can't decide which one ? What would be your choice between the two ?
I couldn't promote an LX7 without a serious "Buyer Beware" comment... When it worked, I loved it... When it died for the third time, my desire to have it died with it...
Old 11-04-2018, 08:15 AM

Anything from the Rapala group I would say is not bad quality but definitely not the best and tend to focus on price point first rather than quality first. Just my experience personal and retail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey929 View Post
I couldn't promote an LX7 without a serious "Buyer Beware" comment... When it worked, I loved it... When it died for the third time, my desire to have it died with it...
Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 AM

Get the Vex. Less than 1/10th of 1% of all Vexilar flashers sold are returned for issues. That kind of speaks for itself.

Last edited by sns2; 11-04-2018 at 09:09 AM.