Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Saturday pike fishing

I went out this morning, the forecast called for strong winds but they didnt read it I guess, a few stiff breezes but otherwise it was a beautiful day. Fishing was a little slow, but I managed 18 pike, with a lot more than that hitting and getting off. Best was 7 pounds 4 ounces, taped at 35 inches. a few hammerhandles, but overall they were bigger than the last few times Ive fished this lake, got 6 or 7 over 5 pounds. The weedbeds seem to be dying off a bit, still lots of algae but the visibility in the water was better than 2 weeks ago when I was there last.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Gratz on a great day out! I wish I could say the same thing here in Edmonton...the wind is blowing like there is no tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:20 PM

Crawling Valley?
Old 09-26-2009, 08:22 PM

No maybe an hour South east of there, just a pothole full of pike never tried CV actually, yet.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I went out this morning, the forecast called for strong winds but they didnt read it I guess, a few stiff breezes but otherwise it was a beautiful day. Fishing was a little slow, but I managed 18 pike, with a lot more than that hitting and getting off. Best was 7 pounds 4 ounces, taped at 35 inches. a few hammerhandles, but overall they were bigger than the last few times Ive fished this lake, got 6 or 7 over 5 pounds. The weedbeds seem to be dying off a bit, still lots of algae but the visibility in the water was better than 2 weeks ago when I was there last.

I forgot to add, I also had to Gibson one 5 pound plus pike.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 PM

Some nice pics and it sounds like you had a pretty decent day I can't wait until I can actually make enough time to get down there and get in on some of that pike action!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I forgot to add, I also had to Gibson one 5 pound plus pike.
What does that mean? Does Gibson=Bonk, or something else????

I'm wondering just what you did to that pike, Wayne!

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM

Default To "Gibson" a fish

That term was invented(inspired) this summer, with that very same anchor rope you see in the pics. At PCR during our forum get together a certain fishing person using my anchor pulled it in and discovered a fish attached to it, much to his dismay and everyone elses entertainment. No shreiks of terror today, but I did have to pull in the anchor when the pike wrapped itself around it. I figure its a great new fishing term, I think it should become quite commonplace eventually!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds