Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 PM

Default Tournament fisherman caught cheating

I am long time walleye fisherman and have just started fishing a few tournaments. I herd the other day that a tournament fisherman was caught cheating in Saskatchewan. Is this just a rumour or is there any truth to this?
Old 09-26-2018, 10:27 PM

AH, do a little research into the tourneys in northern Alberta and you will find there is no shortage of the same happening!! So get used to it.. The thing is that these participants that cheat and end up collecting some cash actually think their good fisherman..
Oh well good way to donate your hard earned cash to tournaments you will never win. Sickening really!!
Old 09-26-2018, 10:48 PM

Yes I herd the guy was from Alberta.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:47 AM

Cheating in what way?

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:45 AM

I heard that they were caught trimming fins so a heavier fish still fell under the length requirement, but that info came from a different forum that had a discussion around the same topic so take it for what that's worth.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-27-2018, 07:15 AM

An angler from northern AB (whose name I won't post publicly) tried to weigh in a fish at the Last Mountain Fall Classic that had clearly been "mangled". The tail fin was cut so that the fish was under the 21.5" slot limit. The angler was DQ'd on the spot and sent home.

That's all I know.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
Yes I herd the guy was from Alberta.
Yes , he is from Alberta , Cold Lake Alberta , Ryan Johnson
He was the team captain

Supposedly , last year at same tournament in Saskatchewan, some fish were brought in that were oversized , so this year they were really checking fish good

Also , the story going around is they were watching for him this year , they say he was disqualified and sent home last year in same tournament 2017 for being caught in a out of bounds area ,

More will come of this yet
Everyone is Hearing That he has life time ban from Saskatchewan walleye tournaments ,

Word is getting around , wonder what should be done about the Alberta walleye tournaments , should he be banned also from them
Old 09-30-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch_m View Post
Yes , he is from Alberta , Cold Lake Alberta , Ryan Johnson
He was the team captain

Supposedly , last year at same tournament in Saskatchewan, some fish were brought in that were oversized , so this year they were really checking fish good

Also , the story going around is they were watching for him this year , they say he was disqualified and sent home last year in same tournament 2017 for being caught in a out of bounds area ,

More will come of this yet
Everyone is Hearing That he has life time ban from Saskatchewan walleye tournaments ,

Word is getting around , wonder what should be done about the Alberta walleye tournaments , should he be banned also from them
Better have your fact before posting stuff, Was Ryan DQ or was he cheating, Has the tournament saying he was DQ or Cheating?? Before making decisions contact the trail and hear what there reasons were,
Old 09-30-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verado eyes View Post
Better have your fact before posting stuff, Was Ryan DQ or was he cheating, Has the tournament saying he was DQ or Cheating?? Before making decisions contact the trail and hear what there reasons were,
Well Ryan Johnson "Verado Eyes "

Why don't you tell us all , enlighten us some , as so much rumours and story going around

Was you disqualified last year from the same tournament , was you caught trying to pass in fish that were oversized , was you in a out of bounds area last year and disqualified

Please please do tell us , I'm sick of hearing all the rumours and story's , let's get it all out in the open , tell us all that what we are hearing is all wrong

As for this year , 2018
Was the fish you brought in , tail trimmed , or was it just a mangled fish that should not of been brought in As per the rules ,

Was you given a 0 weight , was you disqualified

As for cheating or being disqualified , please do tell me and everyone else , what is the difference
Old 10-01-2018, 07:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

A mangled tail....have you ever seen what a pike can do tuma walleye in short notice? I have caught some beat up fish, not sure on tourney rules but what the heck if I was in one and handed a fish in and they said disqualified for mangled tail I would question the logic oh well it ends up in the frying pan with a side of beans

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM

https://www.facebook.com/saskwalleye...75499229127188
Closed Thread