Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM

Default When Pets Become Like Their Owners!

OK, if I was imaginative enough to make this up I wouldn't be climbing trees for a living.........

So I'm sitting here in a house that is finally quiet, when my stupid dog (Sheltie) jumps up on the foot stool in front of me. I look at her, she looks at me. Then, I swear, she winks at me, LOUDLY FARTS, barks and then runs away!

I'm not sure if the tears were from the laughter or the STENCH! Mrs Tree, now roused from her sleep by the ruckus, arrives on the scene. Just as she is about to launch into a diatribe about me (us) waking her up........it hits her! "You're gross! Sleep out here tonight.".............again!

I tried to explain, but she made tacos for supper tonight, so I was convicted on purely circumstancial evidence! Apparently in this case, the 'glove DID fit'!

Stupid dog. She's lucky Mrs Tree hid the BB gun. Ever see a Sheltie laugh? Very funny. Could be a long night on the couch with the both of us...............ugh!

So you guys have any pet/owner stories or what?

Tree
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 AM

my dog when I first got her , siberian husky so after she did her thing in every room , about a year a half later , like last week she looked at me and dropped a turd in this girl i had over shoe. she then took the shoe and put it in her kennel , so im sittin there laughing so friigen hard she comes back and is ready to leave for home goes puts her shoe on and she wont give her back her shoe so now after about 15 minutes goes by and knowing she crapped in her shoe I mannaged to get the shoe back and shes like effin dog , so whatever and as im like uh she crapped in your she her foot goes in and hes like what the hells in my shoe , man I laughed even harder , and kai my dog comes out of her kennel tail a wagging , if that didnt tell me she was the wrong women for me or maybe just a little jeliousness.moral of the story if thers a dog around cvheck your shoe. so I had to call my mom andf tell her the story she said to me must not of approved her.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 AM

I haven't farted since I got a dog.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 AM

Holy Smoke. This forum is going to the dogs and I may need a new keyboard. Coffee stains on this one. My bro had a dachshund=terrier cross that would ride on the passengers\ guys lap so he could look out the window. Every now and then, he would head over to the drivers side and get as close to the window as possible. About that time the poor guy in the passenger seat starts gasping and sputtering as that little rat was rotten. Yep' Ive been in that chair. Worst thing is you weren't forwarned and that little rat would look at you from his safe spot wiyh a grin on his face.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM

my ridgeback is getting very good at giving me the cold shoulder.....for example....a few days ago i pulled the shotgun out to go and shoot some clays with my friends. my dog goes crazy everytime i get a gun out..so he was raring to go. well sadly he wasn't coming along on this trip.....at the front gate he gave me his sad puppy dog eyes...but i told him i would be home soon and i would take him to the park.

fast foward a few too many hours and i got home too late to take him to the park. he wouldn't look at me, didn't greet me at the door...just layed on his bed and sulked. i tried getting him to come to me...called his name a few times....didn't even look at me...tried a treat...nope. then my wife quietly spoke his name and he jumped up instantly and went to her and licked her face ...all the while giving me the sideways stink eye!!! haha
Old 04-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
my ridgeback is getting very good at giving me the cold shoulder.....for example....a few days ago i pulled the shotgun out to go and shoot some clays with my friends. my dog goes crazy everytime i get a gun out..so he was raring to go. well sadly he wasn't coming along on this trip.....at the front gate he gave me his sad puppy dog eyes...but i told him i would be home soon and i would take him to the park.

fast foward a few too many hours and i got home too late to take him to the park. he wouldn't look at me, didn't greet me at the door...just layed on his bed and sulked. i tried getting him to come to me...called his name a few times....didn't even look at me...tried a treat...nope. then my wife quietly spoke his name and he jumped up instantly and went to her and licked her face ...all the while giving me the sideways stink eye!!! haha

Ouch thats ruff.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:18 PM

My pal's pointer would fart when she got real excited and wanted to bark - but was told not to. I guess 'holding in' the bark triggered her flatulence.She also just did not like anyone in a uniform.

This lead to an interesting combination when I was in the car with them and we got pulled over by the police. Poor cop stuck his head in the window doing the old deep-smell check for the odour of alchohol or dope - and his eyes started watering! Of course the two of us were already gassed out as well. Good thing the cop had a sense of humour. We had to get out of the car to let the stink settle down - and all had a good laugh.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Man, THAT was a long night! Ughhh. Well it seems that our cats have finally had it with our antics also!

I'm going to try and do a repeat tonight believe it or not (if the cats don't get her first). My goal is to see if I can light one and get it on video! I got a feeling we'll be sleeping the TRAILER tonight! Stay tuned.

Tree