Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Peace country

Can any one give me an up date on the mule deer and whitey rut around peace I am heading up thursday to 527 to try to get my muley buck
Old 11-14-2007, 07:06 AM

the rut is winding down because it started really early and should be finished by Thursday.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Im not sure if it will be winding down by thursaday seen one decent buck chasing a doe but she still wasnt letting him catch her. Lots of bucks came to the rattles I think the big boys will be in full swing come saturday.

I do agree this is the earliest rut I have seen. Last year it was the 30th and bucks were chasin does. But when I was out on Monday I saw only one buck chasin a doe and too many bucks without does.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Hey Dr.D. I just got back from hunting deer in the Peace Country on Monday night. From what I saw, I was about a week too early for the whitetails so by the time this weekend rolls around it should be real good hunting. I passed on quite a few 140" - 160" whitetails because the big boys weren't showing themselves yet. As far as muleys, they are definitely starting to hang around the does and again, by the weekend it should be real good. That being said, it's been a weird year up there as far as the various ruts go. Elk were all over the place, moose seemed to be a week late, and even the whitetails have confused me a bit this year. My brother grunted in and shot a 183" whitetail on Nov.1 which seemed quite early, even for pre-rut activity. At any rate, good luck on your hunt!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Sorry BRL I was reffering to whitetail rut as I cant speak for the Mule deer rut....got mine with the bow in sept
Old 11-15-2007, 03:49 PM

Thanx for the info leaving to night be back tuesday I will let you guys know how I did.It will be the last chance to get my book mule deer this year :