Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:16 AM
NINJABABY's Avatar
NINJABABY NINJABABY is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 407
Default question about rule

I am not a fisherman but wants to take out the kids to "Beaumont pond" today, SUNDAY.

Is it legal to go there for catch and release ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:21 AM
huntsfurfish huntsfurfish is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 6,319
Default

If you dont have a license.
As long as you dont fish. Should be no problem. Let kids cast and reel in. You can help with putting bait on if need be and probably unhooking fish too.

Beaumont pond is open to fishing.

If you have a license you can fish too.
__________________
.

eat a snickers


made in Alberta__ born n raised.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 05-08-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:53 AM
NINJABABY's Avatar
NINJABABY NINJABABY is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 407
Default

Thanks a lot heading out now :-)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:53 AM
nevercatchmuch nevercatchmuch is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: calgary
Posts: 363
Default

http://www.albertafishingguide.com/l.../beaumont-pond
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Don Andersen Don Andersen is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 1,252
Default

Where in the Alberta regulations are references to kids fishing.

Seceral circumstances could occur:

1) a person under 16 doesn't require a license. If they don't fish with an adult, what are the regs? Limits obviously apply.

2) if a young person is with an adult who is not fishing, must the adult have a license?

3) if the adult has a license, are the young person and adult limits combined into one

I looked and looked, couldn't find the answer in provincial regs. Is it there?

Regards,

Don
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2016, 12:21 PM
RavYak's Avatar
RavYak RavYak is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Edmonton
Posts: 4,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Where in the Alberta regulations are references to kids fishing.

Seceral circumstances could occur:

1) a person under 16 doesn't require a license. If they don't fish with an adult, what are the regs? Limits obviously apply.

2) if a young person is with an adult who is not fishing, must the adult have a license?

3) if the adult has a license, are the young person and adult limits combined into one

I looked and looked, couldn't find the answer in provincial regs. Is it there?

Regards,

Don
It is my understanding that kids like seniors must obey all the regulations and have same limits as an adult but do not have to have a license.

This is obviously within reason as there are people that take toddlers to try and increase their limit but I believe you can get into trouble for this if it is obvious the kid isn't the one catching the fish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2016, 12:29 PM
huntsfurfish huntsfurfish is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 6,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Where in the Alberta regulations are references to kids fishing.

Seceral circumstances could occur:

1) a person under 16 doesn't require a license. If they don't fish with an adult, what are the regs? Limits obviously apply.

2) if a young person is with an adult who is not fishing, must the adult have a license?

3) if the adult has a license, are the young person and adult limits combined into one

I looked and looked, couldn't find the answer in provincial regs. Is it there?

Regards,

Don
1 - Has own limit, all regs apply.

2 - No.

3 - No.
__________________
.

eat a snickers


made in Alberta__ born n raised.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Don Andersen Don Andersen is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 1,252
Default

Guys,

I've been captured before by advice. Where in the regulations does the youngster thing appear?

Don
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2016, 01:44 PM
RavYak's Avatar
RavYak RavYak is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Edmonton
Posts: 4,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Guys,

I've been captured before by advice. Where in the regulations does the youngster thing appear?

Don
If you read the actual regulations(not guide) you will see it simply refers to people(no reference to age).

The age is simply an allowance to let kids and seniors fish without paying for a license. They must still follow regulations.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 PM
huntsfurfish huntsfurfish is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 6,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
If you read the actual regulations(not guide) you will see it simply refers to people(no reference to age).

The age is simply an allowance to let kids and seniors fish without paying for a license. They must still follow regulations.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
__________________
.

eat a snickers


made in Alberta__ born n raised.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.