Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Talking Fishing Spots around Edmonton

I am looking for a fishing spot around Edmonton. I am a fish on the shore and do not have a boat or a float. Any good suggestion? Hoping to catch some action tomorrow. thanks guys.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 PM

You going for trout or are you looking walleye/pike? North/east/west/south edmonton??
Old 06-17-2009, 12:35 AM

any kind is good for me, as long as I can fish from the shore and is a good fishing spot. thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 AM

Well the NSR is always a popular spot. Pretty much where ever there is structure in the water, i.e pillars for an over pass or bridge, or where a creek or another body of water flows into the NSR usually has fish present. I would suggest Jackfish rig with minnows. Some spots I know of are the goldbar creek, or where the Sturgeon river flows into the NSR. If you go to the fishing hole they have a free map of the river and the hot spots and what species of fish can be caught. If you are looking for trout then Hermitage Trout ponds off of victoria trail, or Cardiff trout pond near morinville are fun. I was at Cardiff last night and caught 20 little fiesty guys in a couple of hours on spinners. If you are a fly fisherman you can expect that number to be around the 50 mark in a couple of hours. Don't expect to pull anything large out of these places because they seem to be few and far between. Hope this helps