Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Default What is happening in Europe? Civil unrest the norm?

I wonder what is going on in European and Arab countries? Syria, Egypt, now the Ukraine...is civil unrest the people fighting back against oppression or is it just another political power struggle?

Will this start to happen in north america some day...maybe we will finally get fed up with getting raped by taxes and diesel prices and fight back?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I wonder what is going on in European and Arab countries? Syria, Egypt, now the Ukraine...is civil unrest the people fighting back against oppression or is it just another political power struggle?

Will this start to happen in north america some day...maybe we will finally get fed up with getting raped by taxes and diesel prices and fight back?
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014...confrontation/
Old 02-21-2014, 04:09 PM

Europe: overpopulation, plus an influx of african immigrants
Arabs: have always fought , over everything.

When there's to many in the herd, and not enough grass, they get real ornery....
Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 PM

This unrest is merely the beginning of such pain. The world is just now feeling the birth pangs of a New World Order.

There are several countries who are not aligned with the globalist plans for this new global order. Two of the major ones are Russia and China. Russia has had a large influence on the Ukraine for centuries and sees her as its own.

There is a large portion of the Ukraine in the north and west who sympathize with, and would prefer to be aligned with the European Union, or simply put, the West. This portion of the country sees its future in alignment with a globally controlled yet bankrupted Western world and is willing to fight for their "freedom" from so-called communist control.

At the same time, the western-leaning global governments are striving to influence breakaway republics while encircling and isolating countries such as Russia. We see this happening in the Middle East as well. The options are to either join us or fall from within. There is plenty of western government controlled support to go around, including propaganda and weapons. The result of these influences turn mere protests into civil wars.

There is an agenda at work here. One must read between the lines. There are power struggles and they aren't simply regional ones. Perhaps the end result will be another world war, a resetting of the world's financial system and predictably, a New World Order as predicted centuries ago.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:12 PM

I find it interesting that north american politicians are cheering on the protestors in other countries, all the while grabbing more power for themselves in the name of national security at home.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Europe: overpopulation, plus an influx of african immigrants
Arabs: have always fought , over everything.

When there's to many in the herd, and not enough grass, they get real ornery....
Please explain how this relates to the current situation in Ukraine.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally338 View Post
I find it interesting that north american politicians are cheering on the protestors in other countries, all the while grabbing more power for themselves in the name of national security at home.
This behaviour bolsters the banker-corporation takeover of the western world by seizing new territory and milking citizens financially prior to the inevitable financial collapse. The militarization is to keep them in their place once that is achieved, so to smooth the transition to the new State.

The above article by Paul Craig Roberts is insightful.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Banned

Insightful?

I used to read the same stuff when Ronald Reagan was working to bring down the iron curtain.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Insightful?

I used to read the same stuff when Ronald Reagan was working to bring down the iron curtain.
Or selling arms to insurgents in Nicaragua.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:47 PM

who is it again from America that was selling missiles to the Taliban when they were fighting the Rusky occupation?
iirc, they were called Freedom Fighters back in the day.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Canuck, look up "Revolutions of 1848" in Wikipedia.
That particular year was known as Europe's Spring.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
who is it again from America that was selling missiles to the Taliban when they were fighting the Rusky occupation?
hehe, all depends who you are trying to get free from, eh

free from them? Freedom Fighters.

free from us? Terrorists.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
Ronald Reagan

Those commies sure moved out fast.

The Gipper would have also handled the Afghanistan problem with the Taliban very easily.

Turn the country into a live weapons range. 24/7.

That is all those people understand anyway.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ronald Reagan

Those commies sure moved out fast.

The Gipper would have also handled the Afghanistan problem with the Taliban very easily.

Turn the country into a live weapons range. 24/7.

That is all those people understand anyway.
He showed those Lebanese when he pulled out of their country.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
Russia has had a large influence on the Ukraine for centuries and sees her as its own.
Ukraine gave birth to Russia. When Moscow was an equivalent of Lodgepole, Kiev was the rival of Constantinople and Rome.
Russians have the mentality of a "superior" super-power, when in fact the only places in the country worth living (and living up to Western life standards) are parts of Moscow and St.Petersberg. It pains them to see the place where their nation originated from as a sovereign country rather than one of the Russias' satellite states. "Malarosiya" or Little Russia is a term commonly used by Russians to describe Ukraine.
Never mind the fact that Victor Yanukovich is nothing but another puppet of Putin. Currently, Russia sent "help" to the current Ukrainian president in the form of SWAT-equivalent police units. Ukrainian citizens are being shot by officers with Russian flags on their uniform!
Overall the situation is very violent and disturbing. Unfortunately the Western world receives only a glimpse of what has essentially become a civil war.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
He showed those Lebanese when he pulled out of their country.
bahahahaha

What can I say, I'm a huge fan of celebrity members of government.

I mean, it's not even really a change of occupation, just their employer, and not the one you'd hope it would be.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
Ukraine gave birth to Russia. When Moscow was an equivalent of Lodgepole, Kiev was the rival of Constantinople and Rome.
Russians have the mentality of a "superior" super-power, when in fact the only places in the country worth living (and living up to Western life standards) are parts of Moscow and St.Petersberg. It pains them to see the place where their nation originated from as a sovereign country rather than one of the Russias' satellite states. "Malarosiya" or Little Russia is a term commonly used by Russians to describe Ukraine.
Never mind the fact that Victor Yanukovich is nothing but another puppet of Putin. Currently, Russia sent "help" to the current Ukrainian president in the form of SWAT-equivalent police units. Ukrainian citizens are being shot by officers with Russian flags on their uniform!
Overall the situation is very violent and disturbing. Unfortunately the Western world receives only a glimpse of what has essentially become a civil war.
Excellent history lesson Grouse Hunter.

Could you now describe why the western and Northern Ukrainians are so darn mad at the rest of the country.

A lot of people are commenting out of CNN ignorance. AO is the place for the truth.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
And to think a mere 25 years ago people who plotted political dissent were rounded up at 2 AM and carted off by the KGB to the Lubyanka prison...a place that the only ticket out of was a body bag.

FTH
Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
And to think a mere 25 years ago people who plotted political dissent were rounded up at 2 AM and carted off by the KGB to the Lubyanka prison...a place that the only ticket out of was a body bag.

FTH
Thanks

Items never taught in a Slavic studies course out of the U of A.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
bahahahaha

What can I say, I'm a huge fan of celebrity members of government.

I mean, it's not even really a change of occupation, just their employer, and not the one you'd hope it would be.
I see mr red has fallen for the St. Reagan falsehoods. Fact was he was a terrible president who ran the country into the ground.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 PM

The Soviet police could knock on your door anytime day or night, and barge in to search for whatever evidence suited their purposes....kinda like under the Canadian Firearms Act.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Would Lodgepole = Novgorod ?
Old 02-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see mr red has fallen for the St. Reagan falsehoods. Fact was he was a terrible president who ran the country into the ground.
I guess your celebrities are Bin Laden et al.

Why you guys would want to hang out and worship people like Bin Laden and Al Qaeda while living in this county makes a lot of people wonder.

Not me.

CRA
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM

Europe?

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

Why you guys would want to hang out and worship people like Bin Laden and Al Qaeda while living in this county makes a lot of people wonder.

Not me.

CRA
Oh my.

It takes a considerable leap of reasoning to come up with such nonsense.

Your comment is purely fiction.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:

It's already happened many times in NA. It isn't inconceivable that it could've happen again. Human history and human nature says it's inevitable and so does the track record. Greed, money, power, is what is operates the world, always has, ain't likely to change any time soon in the grand scheme of things.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Excellent history lesson Grouse Hunter.

Could you now describe why the western and Northern Ukrainians are so darn mad at the rest of the country.

A lot of people are commenting out of CNN ignorance. AO is the place for the truth.
Well, Ukrainian history is a story of struggle. The country roughly the size of Alberta has been invaded by everyone, from Mongolians to Germans, Russian, Vikings, Polish, Turks, etc. As a result of constant occupation the Ukrainian people have always hungered for freedom and independence. The modern "trident" symbol of Ukraine actually spells out Freedom.
Western Ukraine is notoriously anti-Russian. During WW2 there was a massive uprising in the west of Ukraine, led by Stepan Bendera; the activists aimed at establishing an independent state, free of Communist occupation. As some of you may know 10 million registered deaths were recorded during the Famines in the 1930s in Ukraine. Man made famines which were a direct result of the Russian Communist leaderships' plan to exterminate the wealthy peasant class in Ukraine.
That has naturally lead to deep rooted hatred in the hearts of Ukrainian patriots, most of whom live in the Western part of the country. Eastern Ukraine was largely colonized by Russians during the existence of the USSR and is largely pro-Russian in the political sense.
Ukraine is divided politically along the Dnipro river, most of the violence seen is coming from the central Ukrainian cities such as Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, etc.
In western Ukraine, the hand of the nationalist movement was swift and hard. Buildings burnt, barricades overturned, Russian sympathizers chased out of the area. Lviv is truly the bastion of the Ukrainian spirit and the heart of Ukraines' west.
I don't think that this can go on much longer. We are out of the age of the Iron Curtain and media silence. All that it takes is one person with one camera equipped cell phone, and suddenly the whole world is aware.
The overseas bank account of the Ukrainian "leadership" are being frozen, there are plenty of intelligent, modern leaders ready to step into the place of the antiquated "gangster" relic that Yanukovich is.
All I can do is hope that there wont be any more civilian casualties.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:

Not me.

CRA
Another false hood by mr Red. Reghan was a terrible president he tripled the national debt, wages decreased in his time an more people in his government went to jail than any other president.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 PM

grouse_hunter thanks for the situation report.

If Ukraine goes its own way, will Russia's Navy lose direct access to the Black Sea/Mediterranean? I understand restoring & maintaining access to the Med has long been a strategic goal of theirs.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Banned

Default Ali - where are you reading this stuff ....

Quote:
Another false hood by mr Red. Reghan was a terrible president he tripled the national debt, wages decreased in his time an more people in his government went to jail than any other president.

?