Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 08:35 PM

Default Sicamous Adventure

My parents live at the south end of Mara Lake, and I'll be out there to visit them over Easter this year. I've thrown the fly rod a little around Mara lake and had some luck with streamers, but I'm looking to broaden my horizons a little. Anyone know of any smaller lakes or moving water that I should give a crack at this year?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM

White Lake might be ice free by Easter. But come May and June the higher lakes should be picking up. You want to check out Hidden Lake outside Enderby for sure. Also Gardom Lake make be open by Easter. They killed off all the course fish in it a few years back and restocked it but I haven't heard how its been.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:08 PM

white is open. Bc has had a crazy spring. There is a TON of lakes already iced off. Peterhope is off, six mile, morgan, all the usuals. They're already firing.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Almost all moving water in BC is closed to angling all of the month of April.
It will be in the top left hand corner of the first page of the region you wish to fish in the freshwater regs.
Since you heading to region 3 flowing waters don't open again until after June 30. A few exceptions in water specific tables, but not many.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
Almost all moving water in BC is closed to angling all of the month of April.
It will be in the top left hand corner of the first page of the region you wish to fish in the freshwater regs.
Since you heading to region 3 flowing waters don't open again until after June 30. A few exceptions in water specific tables, but not many.
Thanks for the heads up there. I find the BC regs to always been quite convoluted and the information isn't always obvious. Guess they can't do everything right.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM

Don't know how to spell it but skimikin lake near ederby theres some hog zillas in there mom used to run campground so it is confirmed