Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Default Bad ice

Just wondering if any one knows Y no one drives on keno lake I have fished their a few times lately and every were I drilled their was 20-24inches of ice but still know one driving on it. fishing is pretty good but all little ones any help would be appreciated
Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Just wondering if any one knows Y no one drives on keno lake I have fished their a few times lately and every were I drilled their was 20-24inches of ice but still know one driving on it. fishing is pretty good but all little ones any help would be appreciated
keno or keho?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker View Post
keno or keho?
My bad keho
Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 PM

I wondered that myself last weekend.I was the only truck on the ice!!I drive an F350 and access wasn't much of a problem.Might just be a case of people not seeing other vehicles on the ice and not wanting to be the first ones to try.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM

The lake never really frezzes that well in some big spots. I'm not sure why. A few years back 200-300 sheep got loose from a farmers field, started crossing the lake and went through, not too far out from the boat launch (a few hundred yards) and to the west a bit.The fire crews were out with chainsaws and all sorts of gear trying to get as many out as they could. We went ice fishing the next weekend, still some open water near the site, got as close as we could (walked on of course) and looked with binoculars from there. One sheep head was frozen in the ice, and some other carnage. I've been told from other people not to drive on there because of the open water (must be springs or a current??). We walked on, the ice at the launch was crystal clear and only 6". Out 50-100ft, it was 16". Local said that spot on the launch just froze up the week before we got out. Too sketchy for me to drive on. I will be back to fish it again, we did really well that trip.