Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-30-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Texan View Post
In a previous post I made it absolutely clear the bull trout section of Falls creek had to be shut down to atv use period. In comparing the relative damage done by atv's to that of industry I believe there is no comparison - that's my "big picture". I don't believe Falls creek will survive flooding given the unbelievable amount of clear cutting done at and around it's headwaters. Look at the difference in the North Ram now as compared to pre flooding, and that's with minimal clear cutting in it's
watershed.

Neither Crocker or the article deserve a minute of anyone's time, he could solve the atv portion of the bull trouts future in two days! Maybe he could even get photos of where there are bull trout and atv damage.
Big picture is good. Start somewhere and eliminate quading around/through streams. Especially ones that are important spawning grounds. One problem at a time.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Banned

I guess we are on the same page although it seems strange to be diddling around with atv's while the other guys are playing quietly with bull dozers.

If Don's going to be a reporter he should at least make a pretense of being fair and give equal time to the bull dozers and their fines and administrative penalties. They are kept very quiet but I did hear of one for $10,000 some time ago. But then little guys on quads are easy to deal with rather than multi million dollar industries.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:32 PM

I hope industry changes soon as well.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I guess we are on the same page although it seems strange to be diddling around with atv's while the other guys are playing quietly with bull dozers.
Too bad a guy couldn't get back in there and send up a drone. Would be interesting to see an aerial view now that the area has been close off for 4 years. Maybe from the Elk Creek side. The only problem with that is they tend to take out any established trails with their "scorched earth"practices and crossing a clear cut is next to impossible even on foot.

Still waiting on anyone with a link informing the public of the closure of this area........

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 08-30-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:

If Don's going to be a reporter he should at least make a pretense of being fair and give equal time to the bull dozers and their fines and administrative penalties. They are kept very quiet but I did hear of one for $10,000 some time ago. But then little guys on quads are easy to deal with rather than multi million dollar industries.
Exactly
Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:

The intelligence level is falling with your presence here. I don't necessarily agree with Don on everything eye to eye but I respect the man. If someone was to ask me who has raised the most environmental issues and got people thinking, Don would be at or near the top of the list. Show me yourself of Lannie any posts that you have "started" about a topic like this or been an advocate. That is only the tip of the iceberg...I appreciate him for being an advocate and taking action on so many different issues.

So, this topic is about quaders and damage. You and lannie seem to want to deflect it somewhere else. Start another topic on dozers then and leave the real discussion/actions to others.

When last I left the South Ram, I didn't count over 100 dozers on their way end for the weekend massacre. It was ATVs. Like a storm of locusts.

I hope I made a point but I doubt it will resonate with yourself and lannie. I dare you to prove me wrong...
Old 08-31-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Exactly
And there he is, chiming back in.

I'm curious lannie, what did you mean by this comment made awhile back:

Quote:
07-23-2015, 06:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lannie:
It is an very busy place even mid week. The livingstone river area is getting to be the most popular ATV area in the province with deep ruts being very common on the trails. There is no less than 100 RV's along the river today with dozens of ATV's on the go. There is no stretch of the 'stone that does not get lots of fishing traffic but they are very easy to catch cutties. What does surprise me is how few people go into the BC side to camp. I would drive the extra km's for the peace.

Moving on...
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
And there he is, chiming back in.

I'm curious lannie, what did you mean by this comment made awhile back:

Moving on...
If the best you can do is misrepresent everything someone else says I think you should move on as well.

You're right about the intelligence level falling here, at least compared to you. I bow to your extreme intelligence and amazing knowledge about everything. We need more people like yourself so give yourself a pat on the back.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
If the best you can do is misrepresent everything someone else says I think you should move on as well.

You're right about the intelligence level falling here, at least compared to you. I bow to your extreme intelligence and amazing knowledge about everything. We need more people like yourself so give yourself a pat on the back.
Funny you would pick a post not intended for you. You didn't respond to anything I posted back to you.

Hard to reach but .....there.... got it! My back is patted.

Don't let the forum door hit you on the _ss on the way out.

Last edited by SNAPFisher; 08-31-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Banned

Default Snapfisher movin on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Funny you would pick a post not intended for you. You didn't respond to anything I posted back to you.

Hard to reach but .....there.... got it! My back is patted.

Don't let the forum door hit you on the _ss on the way out.
Your comprehension seems a bit low given your intellect.

Think about it a while longer, do a couple more edits, and then move on. I will now so you can have the last word.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Your comprehension seems a bit low given your intellect.

Think about it a while longer, do a couple more edits, and then move on. I will now so you can have the last word.
Last word. Bye.