Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Paddyo

Default Boat Dealership

There is finally a new boat dealership opening in Calgary! We have five Fiberglass lines and we are going to be putting in a Aluminum Fishing Boat line. So What line should we go with? Lund is out, so you guys tell me what you think is the best Aluminum Boat for Calgary. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
getasheep

how about legends?

www.legendboats.com/

For the suggestion, I'll take a 14ft widebody at half price! ha ha ha
Old 01-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Paddyo

I spent 2 days at the Legend Head Quarters and they are an impresive boat, and definately on the short list. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
walleyes

How about Harbourcraft they make some fine boats... And some fine river boats also...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
bardfromedson

my old man got a 20 ft legand. uses it down in mexico and loves it. handles the swells pretty good
Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM
444MarlinXLR

Default Crestliner all the way!

I bought a Crestliner 1750 Sportfish a couple springs ago but had a difficult time finding one initially. Very much in demand with the welded deep-V, an excellent boat all around. We need more Crestliner dealerships.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
nafegavas

Default Re: Crestliner all the way!

Me too for Harbercraft. Where will the store be located?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Grizzled

Default New Boat Store....

That,s great ! I hope service is high on the list of priorities as I am tired of going to Airdrie or Nanton for service.I will be customer !
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
dodger

Default Re: New Boat Store....

Polar Kraft or Crestliner. Please open soon as service and poor treatment from the OLD companies is a real pain in the rear. I will be shopping for a new boat in the next couple of months. I have been looking all over the province at dealers trying to avoid the local ones.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:25 PM
dodger

Default Re: New Boat Store....

Dodger again, Take a look at Lowe boats also. Please keep updates available.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Grizzled

Default Choice of boats

Polar Kraft makes an extensive line of boats and they compare to all other models....
Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 AM
craveman

Default Re: Choice of boats

Sure would be nice to see some of those Duckworth Alum boat's built in the washington area featured on Colombia Fishing,check out thier web site!Also Northern built in B.C. are another well built boat,i never heard of them until my x neibour in FtMac bought one,was very impressed,was sold by L&M in High Prarie,Ab.Harbor Craft is prob one of the best built Canadian boat's for fishermen as thier northern edition has the input of the ppl who used them while being called a proto type,and living a few blocks from where the hull's are built,see just how well they are built right here in Alberta!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Topwater

Default Re: Choice of boats

Triton boats has an alum line. What fibreglass lines are you bringing in?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Paddyo

Wow! thanks for the great input guys! To answer a couple of questions. Service is top on my list for the new dealership, I am painfully aware of the lack of service at the local stores. The store will be located just off Barlow tr. I will post an exact address and opening date at a later time. We are looking to be open for Feb 1st. Legend and Polarkraft are two of the lines we are looking at. We have five lines in the glass boats, Cobalt, Larson, Mastercraft, Campion, and Crownline. Our service department will be open to all makes and models. I really appreciate all the feedback keep er coming! And thanks again.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
best aluminum boat

Default best aluminum boat

I have had many Lunds and the last one Crestliner
all welded , excellent ,
Now if you are talking fishing boats , they have to be user friendly , set up right , good horsepower / weight
ratio . A few of these top brands are underpowered for
the weight and displacement . Alumacraft , Lowe,
would probably be two good makes available .
What line of motors are you carrying . I am also shopping ...
Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: best aluminum boat

Lund I believe have some quality control issues to get under control. The motor line will be determined by the brand of boat we decide to go with. Some manufacturers dictate as to the engines that go on their boats. But that is a qreat question for sure, so lets here what everyone thinks about the right powerplant as well! Thanks for your response and interest I hope we decide on the right line for you to at least come in and have a coffee and take a look!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 PM
harbercraft

Default harbercraft

www.harbercraft.com
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
dodger

I like the wide range of boats that Polar Kraft offers. I find that the selection of Legend boats to all be similar in style other than some length differences. My 2 cents worth for the 3rd time.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Paddyo

Dodger

I appreciate your 2 cents worth and everyone elses. The biggest differance we want to make is being able to offer the best service possible. That is why I posted on here to see what you guys want or would like to see in the way of boats. I really want to thank you and all the others who have taken the time to reply. I hope to here more from you and anyone else who would like to "say their 2 cents worth" I do agree with you on the Polar Kraft line and they are definately on my short list. They seem to be well built, wide with wide gunnels, and come pretty well geared up for a good price point. Thanks again! And I will keep you posted on the line we decide on.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
crestliner lund

Default crestliner lund

As for market i think i would carry the lund and crestliner baots. Im shopping now also for a boat and leaning towards a lund. Yamaha engines seems to be well respected. Will you be carrying a river boat line of jetboats?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Paddyo

Default Re: crestliner lund

Deman

Lund is not an option at this point, Lund are a very good boat, in fact at one time they were considered "THE" boat. In my past retail experience with Lund I was somewhat dissapointed with the level of customer satisfaction that I was receiving back. I am not here to bash any boat lines and as I have said I still think Lund has a very good boat. As for Crestliner I do not think they have the product line to satisfy the market here in Calgary. Yamaha outboards I do agree with you are an exceptional motor, one of if not the best. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Grizzled

Default Choice of power plant...

Yamaha or Merc's get my vote...have used both and never any problems...Like Minn Kota up front !
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
fishhunt

Default Re: Choice of power plant...

I vote for Triton as well, maybe Tracker/Fisher
Old 01-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Topwater

Default Re: Choice of power plant...

G3 boats
Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Grizzled

Default New Boat Dealership....

Calgary really needs a quality marine dealer ! Will you be open any time soon?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Paddyo

We will be open in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned to this post for details to come. Thanks again and keep those comments coming!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
dodger

I went to the Triton website and it looks like they have a good selection. They seem to give you choices on motors. As compared to other boat manufacturers that tell you what motor to put on your boat.
Also are you going to set up a financing program.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Paddyo

Dodger
To answer your question we will have a full service Finance office on site. The Finance manager has years of experience and will be able to offer you a full range of options. Great question! Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Paddyo

As for the Triton Boat they seem to be a good looking boat, I have never considered them. The reason is that the majority of the models offfered are side consoles only. Here in Alberta my past experience has taught me that the majority of the fishing public would prefer a full walk through windshield model. It gets pretty windy here in God's country. Thanks for info though, but I do not think that Triton will make the short list. Keep the information coming guys!! I really appreciate the help!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Grizzled

Default Boat Dealership...

Talked to lots of guys that fish and play on the water and it seems certain a decent store with good service will do well here....
Closed Thread