Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-12-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
You made the investment?

Me?
I think I have a set in the closet that I have worn a couple times.
I find it isn’t designed as a durable outer layer and doesn’t breathe well so gets a little too sweaty as an underlayer - which equates to being hot in warm weather and freezing in cold weather.
I think if I were to order some now I’d try their base layer set.
I wouldn’t expect it to be as great as advertised but nothing wrong with trying to gain a little more edge in this manner. Other things used to gain an edge I don’t agree with.
Haven’t used it enough to make any claim one way or the other so I should maybe test it out this year
Old 11-16-2020, 06:08 PM

Default HECS....Ohhh ya baby........lol

Lads

At 64 years and not real fit, not real stealthy either.......LOL

The HECS suit worked unbelievably well
I an not hunkering down and hands and knees for a 100 yards, no thanks, not happening, bad cramps after 20 yards. I just walk in and sit down and let mother nature try and figure it out. Then if a deer happens to go broadside, inside 300 yards, bingo, bango, Bongo. The 7mm-08 goes boom. even after the shot the deer mostly mulled about till my jumping up and down and arm waving to my partner.There is sooo much snow in southeastern alberta, the less walking an older fellow haw to the better.... FS
Old 11-16-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Lads

At 64 years and not real fit, not real stealthy either.......LOL

The HECS suit worked unbelievably well
I an not hunkering down and hands and knees for a 100 yards, no thanks, not happening, bad cramps after 20 yards. I just walk in and sit down and let mother nature try and figure it out. Then if a deer happens to go broadside, inside 300 yards, bingo, bango, Bongo. The 7mm-08 goes boom. even after the shot the deer mostly mulled about till my jumping up and down and arm waving to my partner.There is sooo much snow in southeastern alberta, the less walking an older fellow haw to the better.... FS
Great news to find out it worked well for you !
Cat
Old 11-16-2020, 09:39 PM

Excellent!
Now will we see more details about this deer? 2020 rifle harvest thread??? What rifle/cartridge/bullet combo?
Old 11-16-2020, 09:50 PM

I am curious to learn more about if you think it all just worked out or if the suit really helped.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:43 AM

Awesome, Faststeel! I'm really glad that you were successful!
Old 11-17-2020, 08:22 AM

So you shot a deer at 300yards and you think magical electrical signal blocking hunting clothing made you invisible? congrats on your deer is it at least good quality clothing? Quiet warm breathable dosn’t soak up water that sort of stuff?
Old 11-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
So you shot a deer at 300yards and you think magical electrical signal blocking hunting clothing made you invisible? congrats on your deer is it at least good quality clothing? Quiet warm breathable dosn’t soak up water that sort of stuff?
Dubious.......a fitting handle lol. For what its worth........I'm with ya on this
Old 11-17-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Dubious.......a fitting handle lol. For what its worth........I'm with ya on this

lads to my left and to my right there were does and much smaller bucks with in 100 yards and less watching me as well. They did not scram as soon as I shot.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:58 PM

It silences rifle shots too?
Old 11-17-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
It silences rifle shots too?
That's quite the suit

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2020, 08:33 PM

As with Cutco knives, 6.5 Creedmore rifles and such, - those that have never used HEC are the biggest critics! There's a few supporters here that might be simply justifying their purchase, and some that are really convinced that it works. Is there anyone who purchased a HECS suit, that regrets their purchase?
Old 11-17-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
As with Cutco knives, 6.5 Creedmore rifles and such, - those that have never used HEC are the biggest critics! There's a few supporters here that might be simply justifying their purchase, and some that are really convinced that it works. Is there anyone who purchased a HECS suit, that regrets their purchase?
I do not think it helped me at all to be honest, might have one up for sale soon

LC
Old 11-18-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Cutco knives are still knives and 6.5 creed shoots fine neither of those things claim outlandish abilities crazy fan claims yes but nothing on the level of hecs. . The problem with HECS is they claim to block electromagnetic signals from your muscles and heart beating. Sure let’s assume that tv radio cellphones gps thunderstorms radar static electricity vehicles all dont exist and your the only source of electromagnetism near the deer. He can still see smell hear and taste. How does this magical underwear protect from that. This stuff falls straight into the camp of Pseudo science marketing its been out for a few years now and if it worked well it would be like the 6.5 CM and everyone would have one. I would try wyndscent before I would try hecs.

Last edited by Dubious; 11-18-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Came outside yesterday around midnight. Immediately, I heard a buck raking up a tree somewhere nearby, so I looked around and spotted a mulie (whitetails stay out of town) destroying the neighbour’s tree about 60 meters away. I took my phone out and recorded the sound (for a while I wanted to show a guy what raking sounds like). Then I thought to just walk towards the buck and spook him to save the tree, but he must have heard something on the other side and took off running about 40 yards and stopped. I kept watching, wondering if he would be coming back to it. Then, I saw what must have made him run - another buck. They walked towards each other and crossed their antlers. I thought it was interesting and wondered how close I can get before they take off. I walked to within 10 meters or so before they stopped and looked at me. I kept walking and only stopped when I was about 5 meters away. One of the bucks decided to take an even closer look and walked to me. He only stopped a couple of meters away from me when I said “What’s up?” because he made me feel a little uncomfortable with his confident walk (I do not have antlers to cross with him, lol).

It was midnight, he was far from the largest mulie in Alberta, but... I could literally “pet” him if I stretched my arm out. We looked at each other for a minute and then they went back to their deer thing:

I watched for a few minutes from 5 meters away and went home. These are not “town” mule deer either, but a few bucks usually show up around this time of year.

Then there are a few mulies at the field where I parked a couple of dozens of times this season before walking down the valley. They used to run shortly after they saw my vehicle. Nowadays, they don’t even care. This one was no more than 15 meters away from me when I was passing by and he kept minding his business as if I was not even there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svA9D48CMBI

Usually, there is a mature “gooder” hangs out with that one, but he was not there that day. Neither runs anymore and usually just look at me go by. Must be my corduroy pants or a regular jacket I wear (I think that day it was just a black merino base layer with nothing on top).
Are you allowed to tackle and choke out a deer after legal light? When they write the regulations, they shouldn't assume you're not going in there bare handed
Old 11-18-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Are you allowed to tackle and choke out a deer after legal light? When they write the regulations, they shouldn't assume you're not going in there bare handed
I have been petitioning the provincial government to allow an exception for bare handed hunting. All year long, in the bush or in
your deer feeding hippy nextdoor neighbors front yard.
"Please stop calling us" they said. "We have a restraining order against you" they say.

I had planned to lure a giant mule deer into my garage, close the garage door and go hands on. I have been practicing a darce choke on my deer decoy. The van Damme throat rip will work if you have been married long enough.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
I have been petitioning the provincial government to allow an exception for bare handed hunting. All year long, in the bush or in
your deer feeding hippy nextdoor neighbors front yard.
"Please stop calling us" they said. "We have a restraining order against you" they say.

I had planned to lure a giant mule deer into my garage, close the garage door and go hands on. I have been practicing a darce choke on my deer decoy. The van Damme throat rip will work if you have been married long enough.
I think you're forgetting the first rule of deer fight club.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:27 AM

The devolution of this thread made me almost spew coffee on my monitor.

Well done... Well done.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Cheap plaid jacket from Marks, blue jeans and a good pair of boots will get you just as close and way cheaper....Just make sure to wash all your cloths several times with out soap. to wash out the UV dies used by the manufacture in the fabric... wind in your face...and go hunting.

I own camo ONLY because it has some features you just cant find in street clothing.
why don't you wear a giant pink jumpsuit, you could get just as close if you have the wind in your face.....
Old 11-19-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
why don't you wear a giant pink jumpsuit, you could get just as close if you have the wind in your face.....
Because then he could be mistaken for a liberal.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:50 AM

Since we are now onto blue jeans and plaid jackets, lol...

Went out hunting today for a couple of hours (more like three and a half). While I was not looking for deer specifically, I brought a doe bleat call and a grunt tube with me. A few minutes after a bleat or two (because I haven’t seen what I was looking for), I spotted a mulie about 500-600 yards away, down the hill. Not sure if he spotted me too (or first) because he spent about 5 minutes motionless staring right at me (or my direction).

Anyway, some minutes later, he closed in (just walking up a trail):

I wasn’t really hiding, so he checked me out some more, realized I was not a doe and did not have a tag and just walked by me, maybe 15 meters away. I tried to bleat and see what he would do, then grabbed the grunt tube and just did random grunts. He didn’t care and just walked by and away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu93Dc2Ce6Q

I was standing on top of this hill (the pic was taken from just past the trail he walked on):

They sure are weird animals. One may think they are dumb, but it isn’t the case because they always seem to know when a guy has a tag in his pocket, lol.

I was wearing blue jeans this time and a cheap jacket from Mark’s, lol. This is the jacket:

Old 11-26-2020, 04:06 AM

Default Choices

More HECS activity tomorrow afternoon, white tail country this time... should be Fun..
Old 11-26-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
More HECS activity tomorrow afternoon, white tail country this time... should be Fun..
Now you are talking! Have fun and good luck!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 AM

Default Hecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
They don't claim you will be invisible, only that your electrical energy your body releases will be blocked from the animals detecting it.

I've had birds land on my arrow while sitting on stand and deer within mere feet, way back before HECS...but you know what, even with taking chlorophyll tablets months prior to season, full camo including face paint, clothes being stored in sealed bags with sage leaves left outside of the house, scent eliminating soaps, skunk scent rags tied to my boots and being downwind of these very very close whitetails they still sensed something even while I was absolutely total still.

Many years ago as far back as the 70's I came to the realization certain animals see something we humans just don't even if you are totally still.

Them picking up on our emitted electrical energy makes the most sense...their eyes and our eyes differ in Rod and Cone counts with us have more colour receptors known as Cones and them having more movement receptors known as Rods. The Rods may very well be picking up on this electrical energy our bodies emit.

Many migrating animals, fish and birds detect the very faint earth magnetic flux lines for their migrating routes, I see no reason not to suspect they can't and do pick up on our faint electrical energy output as well.

Hecs clothing will not make you invisible but if it helps even a little at concealing ones position, then the few hundred dollars is worth it.

Is it necessary? NO
Does it help? Maybe

Well said, the non believers don't need it but the believers do simple as that.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:23 PM

I'm waiting on Faststeels white-tail hunt experience ....
Old 11-29-2020, 11:31 PM

He did post about it, but because of the suit, we can't see it.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:18 AM

Less than 10m no hecs they can’t sense electricity. They can smell if it smells out of place you’re busted. I even had time to make a video with my electric phone. https://youtu.be/cLB_5kPGQIQ Just for you guys.

For the guys fanatical about it if you put your compass under your shirt does it still work or is it blocked?

Last edited by Dubious; 11-30-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:16 AM

I laugh and cajole but there is no substitute for confidence. If it works for you then, it is only you that has to be satisfied....

There are more hunters out in the field wearing head to toe camo than a guy wearing a red plaid lumber jacket coat. Both have full freezers.....

Wind and movement!

I watch the HECS show on TV, and it gets me wondering?

BTW,
Congrats

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:38 AM

Here’s another one that I took if you do the Facebook, no hecs this deer walked into me then milled about. I stand by if it’s good active wear try it but dont but it just for its magical properties.

https://fb.watch/24LiUm9wdO/
Old 11-30-2020, 08:04 AM

I'd like to give HECS a try for myself, it wouldn't give me any less of an advantage that's for sure...

But its not a top priority at the moment either.