Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM

Default cz 527 carbine shooting high

I just picked up this rifle in 7.62x39 and after a trip to the range I find it shoots 8"+ at 50 yards with the open sights. Unfortunately the only way to adjust is by replacing the front blade (which is very easy and what your suppose to do) but I have had absolutely no luck finding any of the replacements for sale in Canada, or anywhere in the states that will ship here.

Does anyone have any leads on where I might find something, or is my only action to file down the rear notch?

Seems pretty ridiculous that a lovely 900$ rifle is that far out, and there doesn't seems to be front blades in Canada to fix it.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 PM

If you bought the rifle new, there should be a pack of them in the box...
Old 07-20-2015, 04:53 PM

only thing in the box was bolt, mag and documents
Old 07-20-2015, 05:05 PM

None of my 527s have sights so i am just asking. Are you saying there is no vertical adjustment on the rear sights? If not you will need a taller front site. If the current one is in a dovetail it may not be to hard to find a replacement depending on the dovetail size.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:09 PM

No vertical adjustment, and yes you need to replace the front blade. it uses a special blade held in by a spring button. Problem is complete lack of any to be had that will ship to Canada. So I was asking if anyone else has had a similar problem, or found anywhere that will ship em.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:15 PM

Try on the cz forum they might be able to help there a few guys from Canada on there
Old 07-20-2015, 10:00 PM

As I need differen't ones for a gun I got used, I will have to give the cz forum a try...
Old 07-20-2015, 11:53 PM

CZ (not cz-usa) has an online store that ships to Canada, or at least it did last year. Shipping is a bit expensive, but if you have a few things to order that helps to ease the pain.

http://www.shop-cz.com/rifle-sights/c-1215/
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
As I need differen't ones for a gun I got used, I will have to give the cz forum a try...
I was looking for some hex head stock bolts for my 527 the factory ones are really soft and cheap the guys on the forum pointed me to a source that would ship to Canada.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 AM

If that is the case I think I would be looking at replacing the rear sight set with something that was height and wind age adjustable, most likely an aperture of some sort. The idea of having to change sight blades to change elevation from 100 to 200 or 300 yards doesn't make very good sense to me.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
No vertical adjustment, and yes you need to replace the front blade. it uses a special blade held in by a spring button. Problem is complete lack of any to be had that will ship to Canada. So I was asking if anyone else has had a similar problem, or found anywhere that will ship em.
The C-tire in Calgary on southland had CZ parts shipped to the store without much issue. Give them a shout. They might be able to help. You might want to talk to a smith. For the price of the part they might be able to modify the blade.