Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Default Todays The Day

TODAY IS THE DAY ONCE AGIAN ALL LAKES ARE OPEN . ALL I GOT TO SAY IS WOOOOOHOOOOOO. So now that its herer this spring , summer and fall where do you to inted, and what do you want to fish for ????
Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 AM

got my wally tags for pigoen (3 under 43) so thought i might head out there for a day to see if i can get one for the bar-b-q. now all i need is a boat, moter, trailer.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 AM

It is a wonderful day today. Heading out the door in about a hour to hit Wabamun for the day. Tomorrow is Pigeon, Sunday and Monday, who knows.

Then in the next two weeks, Calling Lake, Fawcett lake etal. July it is Saskatchewan and hopefully down to Estevan for some largemouth bass action for a weekend but will definitely hit some northern walleye lakes. August, back in Alberta and then September, bow season. Ahhh, I like it when a plan comes together.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:02 AM

How good is the largemouth fishery in estevan?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
KyleM

God, Iam going to miss bass fishing...
I have three full tackle boxes of bass baits that will be next to
no use out here.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Ya, the only thing I'm worried about today and tomorrow is the wind. I might just have to go in the late afternoon if its too windy. I'm hoping to put a walleye fishing video on youtube, and if I'm lucky some underwater footage. We just got that handy Aqua-Vu DVR. Hope it works good.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM

me im headed to Pigeon this week. then going to try coal , wabamun, sylvan, long lake , north buck , skelliton, Mons , smoky , and in late july and early august, going to fish in manitobia and northern minnesotia lake od the woods lake winnipeg,Detroit river , Millie lacs, and anything else on the way. I will be fishing for pike walleye musky, Bass , catfish , lake trout, and anything else that might want to bite my hook.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Good luck to everyone this weekend and be safe. I'm out of here in 1/2 hour to hopefully beat the traffic of the long weekend.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 AM

Thanks, I'll have a report on Monday on how I did on the weekend. Hopefully it will be good. Good luck to everyone, catch a trophy.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 PM
TundraBuck

Just going to stay around home and hit the local lakes out here in the West Country. Lakes like Struble, Goldeye, and Fairfax come to mind.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
me im headed to Pigeon this week. then going to try coal , wabamun, sylvan, long lake , north buck , skelliton, Mons , smoky , and in late july and early august, going to fish in manitobia and northern minnesotia lake od the woods lake winnipeg,Detroit river , Millie lacs, and anything else on the way. I will be fishing for pike walleye musky, Bass , catfish , lake trout, and anything else that might want to bite my hook.
don't go to bonnies lake at norquay sask. you won't like it there.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 PM

The largemouth bass fishing at Boundary Dam by Estevan is supposed to be very good as well as the walleye fishing there.

Well went to Wabamun this morning, watched some people catch a bunch of pike by the outlet near the town. Me not so good but then i got a phone call and had to run to Whitecourt and back.

Went back in the late afternoon, had calmed down a lot. Fished near the outlet and did okay. Biggest pike would have been a honest 10 lbs but the rest were in the 3 to 5 lb range.

May hit Pigeon Lake tomorrow with bigbore for some serious walleye action.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:19 PM

Hey John If your there thats where Sucram and a few others are going to sounds like it should be a heck of a day , alot of fun seeing if I cant get into the groove.Anyway we will be at the prov park side.