Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Metzeler inflatable minor repair

Looking for anyone who has brought their inflatable boat to any dealers in Calgary for repairs. I need a fairly minor repair done, but having never worked on an inflatable, would rather not mess it up. Also, I figured I might as well get them to check it over at the same time.

I have been to Zebec looking at boats before and they seem like a good bunch.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 PM

what kind of repair do you need done ??
if you don't mind spending double the money yeah Zebec is a great idea,
other than that there is always ebay and the internet that comes with the advantage of choice and cost preference...

Cheers !
Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 PM

My friend just brought his Saturn to Zebec for a minor repair. Guy there wouldnt even look at it, saying that it was made in China. Saturn, Zebec, Sea Eagle and a host of other inflatable boats are all made from the same damn place in Korea. Their material and quality is identical.

He ended up taking it to Auto Marine (just off Mcleod trail near 46av). He said they were great and charged only 2 hours labour for a cracked rubbing strike piece that runs along the sides.

I thought they may have given him some resistance seeing as how they hard they push Zodiac there, but he said they were good to deal with.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 PM

There is a patch where the transom mounts to the side tube that is coming off. Called a few places and could be done for about $100. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:15 PM

What kind of boat is it. I am the Canadian Rep for warranty and repairs for AIRE, Outcast, Fish Cat, and Tributary. I'm located in Edmonton and can do anything you need. email me at raftrepaircanada@gmail.com
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM

Well my memory is failing, so I can't tell you the company name but I remember sort of where it was located. Very near Hooters on McLeod trail, sort of the street one block off McLeod (east side), immediately south of the S.E. corner of the property Hooters is on. Stopped in there with a Metzler that needed several repairs and the guy was excellent and did them all for under$50.00. Funny how I can remember Hooters but not the business that helped me. Goes to show how we are affected by marketing. Rick.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Alberta marine specialties just off mcleod is the place to go. I believe they are a certified zodiac (aka metzler) repair shop.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM

Smile

Where in town are you located? I also have a Metzler. I have repaired mine. Be careful some of the glues don't work. I have the right glue for the job. It's not cheap. It's about $75 for the glue and another $8 for the hardner. Send me a PM and maybe I can help you out.

Rob
Old 05-29-2011, 02:46 PM

I still have to repair this boat. However, it seems like such an easy repair if I can find the correct adhesive to fix it.

After researching it online, I have found about 5 different types that should do the job.

Bostik 2402
Reamer SC2000
SRC Tuff Coat
Shore
Stabond

Anyone use any of these to fix their inflatable boats, or know of a better one?

Thanks