Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Hubbles lake/allen beach

Is there any access to fish at hubbles lake near beach corner?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 AM

Default Hubbles lake access

Hi everyone,

My Mother and father in law were the proud owners of Hubbles Lake Resort for many years, but the retired about 10 years ago. Since then it has become seasonal sites only.

I believe the woman that owned Allen Beach resort passed away, and it is now all seasonal owned sites.

There is a diving club on the lake so perhaps you could put a boat in the water. However, the fishing has never been great in the lake... tons of teeny tiny perch that seldom bite and a few Jack...I called Alberta Fish and Wildlife once and asked why the perch are so small...they couldn't give me a definitive answer, but told me they had taken fish from hubbles and put them elsewhere and they grew

I miss the lake very much, as a deep cystal clean lake...but not for fishing.

Hope this helps
Old 05-20-2011, 01:23 AM

yea went last year drove around the lake and could not find a good spot to try some fishing or get the pontoon boat out
Old 05-28-2011, 07:46 PM

At the southwest end of the lake there's a municipal reserve, which is owned by Parkland County and is free for public access. If you look on a county map it's a little orange patch. There's no direct lake access, but you can hike in with a float tube, pontoon, or even a canoe. There's a fairly extensive shallow shelf by the MR, so it's difficult to shore fish.

I was just at the lake for 3 or 4 hours today, and I didn't catch anything, nor was there sight nor sound of any type of fish, whether it be pike, perch, or even minnows and sticklebacks. It's a nice lake with really clear water, but I've never caught anything out of it (mind you I've only been there a few times).
Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 PM

I used to catch lots of small perch and jack when I was a kid camping there.
Nothing big though. But a very pretty lake.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:28 PM

I used to Spearfish this lake for perch and pike..... there was actually many jumbo perch that would sit in 15 feet of water in the pockets in the weeks.. I too miss this lake .... it is so clean and clear
Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 AM

I've got a seasonal site at Hubbles, it's an OK lake, nice and clear and the fishing isn't bad. Haven't had much luck with perch but there's tons of them here. Haven't hooked into any big big pike yet but pulled one that was about 8lbs out last year.

Allan Beach resort was bought by a developer to turn into condos, from what I hear the county put a stop to it and they went bankrupt, since then it's been closed and no one uses it.

It's not a great lake for shore fishing anywhere that's publicly accessible that i've found but i'm always in the boat myself and have a few decent spots.