Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Sponsors > Sponsor Forums > Serengeti Fishing Charters

Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 PM
AO Sponsor

Default March Newsletter

Hello,

Holy smokes is time ever flying by, it is already mid-March and we are headed down to Salt Lake City for our last trade show of the year, it will be running March 16-19 at the Sandy Convention Center. It will be four great days talking fishing and I'm fairly sure once the show is done we will be pretty much sold out for our primetime dates in the summer. We have a few dates that are 10-15% off as well.

We only have THREE dates left from June 1 to Sept 1, so if you are thinking of a trip let me know as soon as you can, I'd suggest before we head down to Salt Lake as this is our 10th year at that show and we always do extremely well down there.

This past week more forecasts were also released for Chinook salmon for the upcoming season, and the total Columbia River run is expected to be around 600,000 Chinook, compared to about 520,000 last year so that is a slight increase and fishing for these fish in May, June, July, and the first bit of August will be off the hook!!! Conuma River fish as well as many other runs of BC bound Chinook look to be around the same as last year, and those that came in August saw just how amazing that fishing was! We had a record number of Tyees (salmon over 30lbs) and this year they projected even more 5 year old fish than last year, and those are the 30+lb salmon!!!

Halibut limits will the same as last year, as well Lingcod. We could see a reduction in Yelloweye limits but they shouldn't be that substantial.

We are also excited to have a new guide on board for this upcoming season, I know you will all have a great time on the water with Tim aboard the Ms Heather 5.

If there are any questions I can answer for any of you please don't hesitate to let me know, and get ahold of me as soon as possible if you're thinking of coming up this summer,

Tight Lines,
David Summers Jr
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com
1-888-281-2275
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast