Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Default How many

How many members on here will join CSSA at the Calgary gun show this year? I have been a member and find it very useful in keeping up to the Liberal crap going on . Its good to be in the know !
Old 03-25-2018, 10:58 AM

Maybe it should be asked, how many on here belong to any of the “orgs”?

I currently am a member of 2 of the “orgs” I don’t need a gun show to sign up.......(I’m always on call for Easter anyways, so I don’t drive the 3 hrs to cow town)

There are no absolutes
Old 03-25-2018, 12:31 PM

I've not belonged until recently. Signed up for two years and will continue to support them.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:54 PM

I’m not a member of that organization but I am part of CCFR and NFA, CCFA is really great, they are loud, and know there stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 04:35 PM

I’m a member of the NfA and CSSA but I think the nfa is almost a waste of money.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:05 PM

You can either fight for your rights & yes it costs a bit. Or we can lose a lot of value on a lot of expensive hunting equipment that will be worthless without firearms. Should be a no brainer.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Banned

D284
No my friend the question was the way I posted it ! Not the way you said I should have asked! And I dont care if you wont drive to a gun show to register ! I never said that you did or should ! ! so be a little more tolerant and fair . It appeared no problem for anyone else to answer the question. THX
Old 03-26-2018, 10:57 PM

I'm with the CCFR
Old 03-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Very simple, if you are not a member of at least one of them, and mailing letters to the MP's, you are part of the problem.

The current situation is the biggest anti-gun push ever seen in N.America.
They need membership numbers to get properly recognized in Ottawa and to run a proper campaign.

There is no good reason there aren't at least 500-750,000+ members, except apathetic people who won't step up to the plate. And that attitude will cost us all in Ottawa.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:03 PM

Default Gun Orgs

I was a longtime NFA member through the 70's, 80's and 90's till, well you know what happened.

Joined the CSSA for a year or so but never saw any action besides asking me for more and more money.

Yes, I am an active letter writer and my MP knows me well.

Lately I have been watching the work the CCFR has been doing and I have to say I'm impressed. They seem to have an ear in YOW, and I like their public education efforts.

So to make a long answer short, yes Im planning on joining the CCFR at the Easter Show.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:49 PM

Default Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
I was a longtime NFA member through the 70's, 80's and 90's till, well you know what happened.

Joined the CSSA for a year or so but never saw any action besides asking me for more and more money.

Yes, I am an active letter writer and my MP knows me well.

Lately I have been watching the work the CCFR has been doing and I have to say I'm impressed. They seem to have an ear in YOW, and I like their public education efforts.

So to make a long answer short, yes Im planning on joining the CCFR at the Easter Show.
Is anyone aware of businesses that support Canadian organizations fighting for rights of Gun owners? We need one organization that defends all Canadians and
Challenging law in the courts. If we adopted one org. maybe we could see 1% going to the fight. Who would have an issue if it was shared with the customer? I sure wouldn’t. CCFR offers insurance for legal issues and seems to be building steam. Any input negative of positive on which org to fund please let us know.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
You can either fight for your rights & yes it costs a bit. Or we can lose a lot of value on a lot of expensive hunting equipment that will be worthless without firearms. Should be a no brainer.
Trick is who's really gonna defend you, unlike the NRA, we're not defending a constitutional rights. We get to keep our guns as long as the government decides to let us have them. Period. Money is better spent supporting political parties that want our votes and there's only one half hearted in the fight.

Grizz
Old 04-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Banned

Griz I agree , with you on a political party , But other than conservative , There isn't much choice! ,and even with them I am skeptical ! It baffles the heck out of me that the populace cant get it through their heads that gun control , controls no one but the law abiding fire arms enthusiasts ! it is so discouraging that so many Canadians are numbed up by what the media says ! Is there no one that can think for themselves anymore?
The Red Deer area, has one of the highest fentanil deaths in Alberta ! Can you imagine the outrage IF those deaths were caused by gun fire? The outcry would be deafening ! Why is there no more outrage over these drug s causing death , robbery, murder, vandalism etc ?
Remembering the High River gun grab , Only guns were mentioned as being the concern over potential theft , NOTHING was mentioned about alcohol, and prescription drugs which likely were right available to anyone breaking in , IMO minds altered by drugs and alcohol precede gun crimes , BUT not a peep was mentioned of those!
But for some reason guns are at the forefront ! Why are we such a soft target ? Any drug bust involving a gun of any sort air gun , imitation gun etc are always displayed very colorfully on the front page ! it gets a lot of attention , must be the shock factor ! Lots of bling more money easily generated for the police and ammo for the politicians !
Old 04-01-2018, 05:28 PM

An interesting article from Calibre mag--we spend more on administering the Firearms Act than on the organized crime and gang fight?

https://calibremag.ca/why-guns-are-p...-a-case-study/

and this is how the media push was done;

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...-for-our-lives
Old 04-03-2018, 11:02 AM

Default So none

No one is aware of any businesses funding organizations that help keep them in business? That seems odd. Maybe there needs to be a retail firearms store fund to advertise inaccuracies, challenge law and promote the industry. I believe a percentage of sales, a tax, in the US, goes towards some form of hunting advocacy.
The industry really needs a “go getter” to motivate a movement.