Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM

Default Linedancer

Has anyone tried one of these?
Any good or just another gimmick?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

got a picture? too lazy to google, unless you mean those people who take up the dance floor?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 PM

if your a begginer get one if not there crap.
ya they do work
Old 08-08-2011, 09:36 PM

Only pics ive seen of them are not self explanatory.

Well i wouldnt say im a beginner(3 years or so) but im not real experienced. Only been getting into it heavy in the last year or so and could use all the help i can get. Guess ill order one dont think ive seen them in the Hole or elsewhere.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

I could see it stretching your line over time,, and isn't fishing about doing those twitches yourself, not to be a jerk. And you could probably make the setup yourself with an old lineguide. And when you hook on to a fish, will it be all wobbly on the fight, still dancing like nobody is watching? I wouldn't want to try to unhook the line if a 20 pound pike was going for a quick dash. My 2cents

I was told to use a bell while night fishing and probably have the world record for distance casting not 1 but 3 bells into the darkness in one outing. In other words, I'd be miffed if I went to cast and forgot to unhook the linedancer and lost a $12 crankbait.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

Cranky,,, just get someone from Edmonton to meet up with you and show you the basics, which is what fishing really is, don't go buying stuff that will get lost in your car trunk. Seriously, the geezle/mooseknuckle crowd seem to be pretty good ambassadors of out Edmonton way. Post a thread saying, 3 years fishin show me some stuff.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 PM

gustav has it going. i wouldnt wanna be using it where big fish are numerous.for small pike in the medicine,battle ect.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Cranky,,, just get someone from Edmonton to meet up with you and show you the basics, which is what fishing really is, don't go buying stuff that will get lost in your car trunk. Seriously, the geezle/mooseknuckle crowd seem to be pretty good ambassadors of out Edmonton way. Post a thread saying, 3 years fishin show me some stuff.
Good suggestion, just im a old guy and they all seem pretty young and might not want an old geezer around id slow them down.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM

I do the same thing with my finger, I haven't noticed any increased catch rate
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Good suggestion, just im a old guy and they all seem pretty young and might not want an old geezer around id slow them down.
Thanks for the replies.
We're fishermen, age aint a factor, FH7 could teach me a thing or two and I could teach him some stuff and you may have picked up on something we have all missed, and you'll get pointers to boot. I fish with a guy on the forums who's half my age and my dad who is 82 and his buddies, it just don't matter,,, and you probably have ton's of cranky stories which is another part of fishing as is napping and eating and drinking tehrmos coffee or whatever.