Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-26-2016, 02:58 PM

Default Bull Moose hunt in WMU 445

I was drawn for bull moose in zone 445 and looking for any information on that zone would be great. I have never been there... I don't expect for anyone to give their hunting spots but general information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
I was drawn for bull moose in zone 445 and looking for any information on that zone would be great. I have never been there... I don't expect for anyone to give their hunting spots but general information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
The unit is 90% gated to vehicles. You can go by ATV in the afternoon. People seem to put in there cause the wait is fairly short, but most dont know that its a gated unit. All units south of GP have been hit hard by wolves.
Its best to ask about units before putting in, good luck .

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Good luck

I had the draw last year, not what it used to be. Saw very few moose, and I know almost every inch of that zone. Lots of wolves and grizzly though !!!
Old 07-27-2016, 03:16 AM
Banned

It's been awhile since I was there. Not much for access. If you wait till the leaves are off the trees you might be able to find some pack trails.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Probably not the smartest choice if you've never been there... Very very very hard access. And the outfitters have the few areas to hunt on lock down.

Ha, hope you have a strong back!

If you look at a map you'll probably learn something.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadeer View Post

Ha, hope you have a strong back!

lol !!!! That's a perfect description of that zone !
Old 07-27-2016, 09:37 PM

Good luck! We hunt that zone for moose, usually at the end of the season we swear were never going back then next thing you know there we are again! Hunted last year. Eighteen days of hunting saw three moose shot the last two we seen. First trip was a backpack seven day trip. Put on over sixty five km touring around searching for new country. Wind thermals will drive you nuts if your bow hunting like we do. Never hunted across the narroway so can't comment on that side but as far as two lakes side all the clear cuts are grown over and visibility is pretty much zero. As long as your prepared and willing you'll have fun but be ready to put the boots to work!!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 PM

The first time I read this I thought it might be sheep creek / prairie creek area by grande cache, but ya you have your work cut out for ya for sure.
Never seen a moose in that zone, but never been to to many of the out of the way areas there, You should have a good hunt though, make the best of it as your coming almost kiddy corner across the province.
Going out this weekend if I see any will let ya know and help if I can, cheers.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:33 PM

Thanks for all of your comments.... I am not afraid of hiking and we will make the best of it not matter of the terrain and outcome.
As long as the Grizzly's stay the hell away from us, will be all good.