Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 AM

Default Advantage Taxidermy Info Only

I see the other threads were locked for some unknown reason. I guess some folks may have crossed the line?
The purpose of this thread is not to be disparaging but rather provide info. I have a young friend who is missing his rack from a very emotional trip. He just lost his own father 2 months prior to our hunt. I took him out (13 years old) and he shot a very nice 5x5 for his first buck. Mike has been helpful in spite of the circumstances.
Please leave your opinions to yourself on this thread. I have my own and won't share them. I just want this buck back...

I called Mike (Alex's son). He informed me that ALL the remaining mounts will be held at a Fish and Wildlife office. DO NOT CALL THEM UNTIL MONDAY! They just received the mounts and have to sort through them. He says they are frustrated with the amount of calls and need a little time to get organized, which is understandable. The phone number for F&W is (780)415-1327.
Mike will have NO FURTHER INFO in regards to the mounts. He's requested no more phone calls and has done his due diligence to help people recover their trophy's. It is all in F&W hands now. Let's respect his privacy as I am sure this is a difficult time for the family.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:41 PM

Default Advantage taxidermy update

Attention clients of Advantage Taxidermy in Edmonton:
As the taxidermist has passed away, Fish and Wildlife Officers are aiding his family in returning all the items he was working on to their rightful owners. All of the leftover trophies and items from the taxidermy operation are now in the possession of the Edmonton District Fish and Wildlife Enforcement office. Those wishing to make a claim on an item may phone 780-427-3574. However, please bear with us as there are many hundreds of items to go through, and it will be a long process.
http://www.advantagetaxidermy.com/