Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Let's look at your key point. Ever changing society.

Your premise is we need to adjust to crime.

Crime is falling...property crime is falling.

Seems more like tweaking current policy to reflect a move by some to exploit areas with sparse policing.
This is an OLD stat... Crime across Canada has been on the rise from 2013.
Go to Stats Can for the updated info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Is crime really falling? or are fewer people bothering to report crimes?

No, reported Crime is rising, even while the number of unreported crimes are skyrocketing.

A very important concern with "Reported" crime rates is the undeterminable number of Unreported crimes.

Stats Can produced a Crime Severity Index.
Curiously, 2003-7 showed a dramatic drop in non-severe crimes being reported while Serious crimes remained rather stable.

What caused the Drop in Reported Crimes?
Are The Liberals and Paul Martin, Jean Chretien responsible?

Why did the public decide that the Police/courts wouldn't/couldn't deal with it?

And here we are today....

This was in The Calgary Herald a couple of years ago. While other articles were stating crime was Not rising....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fentanyl_deaths_graphic_online.jpg (46.3 KB, 19 views)

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Who will? And how do you know they will? And how do you know they will shoot someone without just cause? You're sure throwing the accusations around prettty hard so you must have some proof to back up your accusations. Or are you just flapping?
are you suggesting people arent supportive of shooting thieves on their property on this forum? It seems to me its a common theme followed up with vast support for eddie.

Without any facts on the case a good majority have thrown their support behind eddie for shooting a petty thief. I apologize if perhaps im understanding things incorrectly.

Perhaps you can answer coveys question. Its an interesting question for those who think shooting a thief solves our problems.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
are you suggesting people arent supportive of shooting thieves on their property on this forum? It seems to me its a common theme followed up with vast support for eddie.

Without any facts on the case a good majority have thrown their support behind eddie for shooting a petty thief. I apologize if perhaps im understanding things incorrectly.

Perhaps you can answer coveys question. Its an interesting question for those who think shooting a thief solves our problems.
Everyone has been warned many times about mentioning what you just did three times in this reply alone, which you repeat constantly.

You just wont be happy until every thread gets locked, huh?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-10-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Was he a petty thief? I don't know, I haven't heard what exactly he was doing in the truck. Was he only stealing change or trying to hot wire it? Honest question.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Everyone has been warned many times about mentioning what you just did three times in this reply alone, which you repeat constantly.

You just wont be happy until every thread gets locked, huh?
Or until he gets anyone who doesn't follow his way of thinking suspended or banned.

A little glimpse into post history will show who are contributing members to the outdoor forum and who are here to simply troll the general forum looking to stir the pot.

I've had my property broken into, I've had over $10,000 worth of possessions stolen that insurance wouldn't cover, I understand the frustration these people are going through and I feel the need for change in the (in)justice system, and that's why I, and many others support people like Mr Stanley and Mr Maurice. If we don't stand behind them we might as well admit we condone the actions of the scum bags out stealing our stuff. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so maybe with enough support we can get some much needed teeth in our justice system to punish criminals and laws to defend law abiding citizens protecting their property.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:51 PM

When the next court appearance comes around, I will try to get down there
to show my support for him. After speaking with a few people, it is clear that
he is very well respected in the Okotoks and surrounding areas.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Banned

i think we all agree we need better laws kurt. No one would disagree. Where some would disagree is taking the law into our own hands over petty theft.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
Was he a petty thief? I don't know, I haven't heard what exactly he was doing in the truck. Was he only stealing change or trying to hot wire it? Honest question.
good question. No ones got any facts on the case other then a property owner shot a thief. Its all people needed to rally around him or send him money.

Im sure we will all follow the trial closely. Its close enough that im sure a few of us will attend the trial.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
i think we all agree we need better laws kurt. No one would disagree. Where some would disagree is taking the law into our own hands over petty theft.
If there were real laws people wouldn't have to, but there aren't so property owners have to do what they must

What's petty theft to you?, how about don't steal period and you don't put yourself in harms way, whether it be a gas can or a truck. I worked for it, they didn't so don't touch it. A 14 year old can understand this concept, you can not
Old 03-10-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
good question. No ones got any facts on the case other then a property owner shot a thief. Its all people needed to rally around him or send him money.

Im sure we will all follow the trial closely. Its close enough that im sure a few of us will attend the trial.
Exactly! We all need to show our support for a very fine man. Hopefully I see you down there.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
The perp was in breach of his probation and was in possession of methamphetamine when he was arrested as those are both among his various charges. Translation: dangerous junkie recidivist who won't stop his crime spree, someone who shouldn't have been let out of jail by our incompetent judiciary.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
What might be considered petty theft by some may mean everything in the world to others. These people out there stealing from Mr Maurice most likely make their living stealing from others, and it's a fact that Colten's lifestyle revolved around crime. These aren't petty thieves, so they aren't committing petty theft.

I'd like to see the days of cutting the hands off thieves and genitals off sexual predators come back, there would be no repeat offenders.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
If there were real laws people wouldn't have to, but there aren't so property owners have to do what they must

What's petty theft to you?, how about don't steal period and you don't put yourself in harms way, whether it be a gas can or a truck. I worked for it, they didn't so don't touch it. A 14 year old can understand this concept, you can not
Yes pretty simple.

On the flip side we must be in a life and death scenario to defend our lives with weapons... why is this concept hard to understand for some?
Old 03-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
What might be considered petty theft by some may mean everything in the world to others. These people out there stealing from Mr Maurice most likely make their living stealing from others, and it's a fact that Colten's lifestyle revolved around crime. These aren't petty thieves, so they aren't committing petty theft.

I'd like to see the days of cutting the hands off thieves and genitals off sexual predators come back, there would be no repeat offenders.
X2 on the hands, on sexual predators bye bye, of planet earth.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes pretty simple.

On the flip side we must be in a life and death scenario to defend our lives with weapons... why is this concept hard to understand for some?
The law should be we can defend our belongings period, no matter what they are stealing.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

And if our laws allowed these punishements id support it.. we all want better laws and bigger punishments for criminals.

On a side note I did find it amusing that the ndp announced new initiatives for rural crime the day of eddies court case....
Old 03-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
The law should be we can defend our belongings period, no matter what they are stealing.
And many would support this including myself... but we dont have that freedom. This topic becomes so emotional that those involved become their worst enemy when they cant have a decent conversation on it.

Those who can change our laws wont bother when the topic goes sideways by those debating the issue.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
And if our laws allowed these punishements id support it.. we all want better laws and bigger punishments for criminals.

On a side note I did find it amusing that the ndp announced new initiatives for rural crime the day of eddies court case....
Don't you realize that by supporting Eddie you are supporting the need for change? And don't you realize that criticizing and insulting those that support him you are showing support for the criminals responsible for putting Eddie in the position he was in?

It's pretty friggin clear.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't you realize that by supporting Eddie you are supporting the need for change? And don't you realize that criticizing and insulting those that support him you are showing support for the criminals responsible for putting Eddie in the position he was in?

It's pretty friggin clear.
No one supports the criminals. People can support the hope for better laws without agreeing that breaking our current laws is the solution.

I do suspect we will see more cases like eddies. Hopefully thats not needed for a change to our laws but it sadly may be the case.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
No one supports the criminals. People can support the hope for better laws without agreeing that breaking our current laws is the solution.

I do suspect we will see more cases like eddies. Hopefully thats not needed for a change to our laws but it sadly may be the case.
Right there!!!!!!

Right there you see the need for more cases like Eddies to make change happen!!!!!

You just said it yourself. Now I know you get it, you're just stirring the pot.

By supporting Eddie now we might be able to make big enough waves for change so there will be no more cases like this.

Get it???
Old 03-10-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
LOL im sure you would. Anyone who disagrees with shooting a thief as a solution must be crazy.

Again ill ask...

When im knocking on doors this year to hunt. Ill have guns in my truck. The landowner wont know my intent. They wont know im not high. They wont know im not drunk... ill be approaching their front doors to say hello.

Isnt this all the justification everyone here uses to shoot someone?
Talk about an utterly ridiculous extrapolation to the absurd extreme.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:01 PM

200 posts in with about half dozen carrying this thread with a Ton of deleted posts. Take it off line if you wish to continue your banter.
Closed Thread