Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 11:00 AM

I find it more than a little sad how not one pot smoker has posted anything about how they might help mitigate the very issues they’re causing. And yet to them the people who don’t like it wafting into their living room are the selfish ones ......
Old 03-11-2018, 11:02 AM

once this manure becomes legal, I will save so much money.
I move when some entitled oblivious pothead sits beside us in a restaurant or theatre.
When it becomes legal and these rank idiots are stinking up everything up I will spend more time out on the ocean away from them and less time trapped behind doors.
It's unfortunate for us that they do not care about anyone else and do not care at all that the smell offends others.
If I wanted to smell skunk anus I would go hunting them.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 AM

My neighbours at the lake smoke regularly I don't myself however we do sit around the same fire when they're hootin its only for a few minutes twice a night, most times I can't smell on my side of the fire.

If you have a big concern why not take your concerns to city hall ? Why bring it up on a forum ?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Banned

One solution is to ask neighbours to smoke it in their shed or garage. The smoke will dissipate slowly and likely not cause any issues.

it is possible to answer the OP question.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Buy a fan. Get a tall one and put it higher then the fence.. He will get the hint...
Old 03-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
One solution is to ask neighbours to smoke it in their shed or garage. The smoke will dissipate slowly and likely not cause any issues.

it is possible to answer the OP question.
Good point. When their clothes stink of it they don't need to sit on your lap. Well unless she is really hot lol

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

I'm not a partaker in the electric lettuce but I suppose if I was and my neighbor didn't like what I was smoking then I guess he could always buy my place. Some people wear perfume or cologne that smells horrendous what do you do then? I prefer to pick my battles and this isn't one of them.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:12 AM

Actually, the problem DOES currently exist. Prior to them moving away, I had a neighbour who stood out back in winter, and walked his yard in the summer, with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth. I absolutely detest the smell of cigarette smoke, have a bit of an allergy also which doesn't help but generally it's just the stink. Same walking into places where you have to walk through the smoking zone, or through a gathering actively ignoring the smoking zone. Honestly I don't know what the answer is, but it's not a new problem at all, just a new smell.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

I don't like the smell of pot, but it's not so bad that I have to make an action plan for when it becomes legal. I won't let anyone smoke it in my home or vehicle, but if it's outside? How big of a smoke cloud are we talking about? If you're getting an idea of how big the cloud of smoke will be from watching Cheech and Chong, don't worry about it, they exaggerate a bit on those movies.

Fwiw, I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke either, but so far I've managed to make it without any Hatfield vs McCoy type battles with my neighbors over it.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I move when some entitled oblivious pothead sits beside us in a restaurant or theatre.
When it becomes legal and these rank idiots are stinking up everything up I will spend more time out on the ocean away from them and less time trapped behind doors.
It's unfortunate for us that they do not care about anyone else and do not care at all that the smell offends others.
In all fairness Ken, I think we've all been behind or next to somebody who reads to high heavens of stale cigarette smoke too. A smoker might not notice, I'm not sure, but for some reason some folks absolutely reak, others not so much. That stale smoke smell to me is 3 times as bad as the fresh stuff.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
LMAO.. pretty much sums it up.

Sundancer you need to eat a snickers.. you know what's worse than pot smell? A dirty ass Cuban cigar.. You don't smoke those do you Sundance?? LOL

Who do you keep happy? You're partner in the house who wants you to smoke outside? or your neighbor? hmmmmmm

The condo building doesn't want that air recirculating the entire building, so they MUST go outside. As much as you hope theres a clear solution, I think we best get used to it...
Old 03-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'm not a partaker in the electric lettuce but I suppose if I was and my neighbor didn't like what I was smoking then I guess he could always buy my place. Some people wear perfume or cologne that smells horrendous what do you do then? I prefer to pick my battles and this isn't one of them.
Funny you mention perfume, I actually find myself get angry when I smell taboo. There is something about that perfume that I can't stand.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default get used to it man ...

'gonna be alot more prevelant in the coming yrs !

PS ... all prt of the plan, justin's electorial success is dependent on a growing immigrant population with a dumb'd down internal proletariat.

Last edited by TBD; 03-11-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
In all fairness Ken, I think we've all been behind or next to somebody who reads to high heavens of stale cigarette smoke too. A smoker might not notice, I'm not sure, but for some reason some folks absolutely reak, others not so much. That stale smoke smell to me is 3 times as bad as the fresh stuff.
Ahhh the hotboxers. I know the type but it don't smell any worse then the cat lady at grocery store or the person that doesn't believe in washing.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Banned

What will set me off are the idiots that thinks it's OK to light up in the presence of children. I don't care what you're smoking, don't do it around kids. There are too many morons in this world that think because something is legal common sense can be thrown out the window.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Ahhh the hotboxers. I know the type but it don't smell any worse then the cat lady at grocery store or the person that doesn't believe in washing.
-the guy with sweatpants and the racing stripe... yeah thats a smell memory nobody needs

Old 03-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Banned

Smoke buddy has a charcoal filter Google it. Or smoke concentrates . I find neighbors who cook strong smelling ethnic foods more polluting to the nose than occasional pot smoke. To each their own. Don't like it? Buy a acreage.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
What will set me off are the idiots that thinks it's OK to light up in the presence of children. I don't care what you're smoking, don't do it around kids. There are too many morons in this world that think because something is legal common sense can be thrown out the window.
Do you drink around kids?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:37 AM

I stayed at hotel in San Diego around the pool there was a huge sign NO CIGARS then at night almost everybody was smoking cigarettes and pot ???

Didn't bother me I have enough trouble minding my own business than worry everybody else's.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
What does that have to do with it? Last time I checked alcohol couldn't be inhaled via second hand alcohol.

Getting drunk in front of children isn't using a lot of common sense either, especially those in your care.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You don't make sense. The bylaw says smoke from your yard/house can't go into my home/yard.

Apartment / condo may have smoking rules... but bylaws trump those.
I do not think there is someone so stupid to make a by law about smoke crossing from one backyard to another. There maybe something about excessive smoke, burning plywood or chemicals. Where are people smoking theirs meat?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Old 03-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Absolutely, and if I am gagging on that I will move too. Any smoke to me as a 50 year non-smoker is disgusting and I do what I can to avoid it.
I am just getting back on my feet from a month of medication and suffering after 2 back to back house fires in -47 and -32 a week later that gave me a massive lung infection, when I say smoke bothers me, I mean it.
When we use the max amount of bottles we have to get off air, and there is always smoke in the air when fighting fire. I am backing away from fighting fires for a few months, losing 4 weeks of income due to a volunteer position is hard on the bank account. After 37 years of sucking smoke and not a single breath from anything lit that I put in my mouth I hate smoke.
Other than from a Bradley smoker with a nice brisket, rack of ribs or salmon in it, of course
Happily and completely on purpose I have no neighbors that suck lit skunk manure.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Unless you are spilling your drink into their mouths, it won't effect them, it's not as if they will be inhaling your drink, like they inhale smoke
Old 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You need to build a fire with little smoke. Sign up for scouts and learn how.

My feelings on oil and gas have never changed and are not the same as this at all.

You impressions appear wrong. Please PM me with the specific thread and we can discuss versus another derail.

You have no solution. No need to post.

Cheers. Sun
If you think you can build a fire that doesn't stink you are delusional. The solution to your "problem" is easy, chill out. The world will not shift when Mary Jane becomes illegal. Just another irritant we have to deal with, it's not earth shattering. A joint last minutes, a fire hours. As someone that is very affected by smoke, guess which I would rather be subject to.

A back yard fire has way more smoke and irritants than a joint, I don't care how well you build your fire.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Banned

So anyways as someone who does.
I have discovered that there are ways to indulge and not be a bother to my neighbors.

It’s called a vape pen.
Cartridges are filled with cannabis oil, the pen vaporizes the oil, the user smokes it.
Nice thing about this?

Absolutely no smell.

This is not something you get from your local dial a doper.

This is available and sold through dispensaries.

Once there is more places where someone can go and buy these things,
It’ll probably become part of the norm.

Buying papers, busting bud, and hotboxing is so old school.

Many ways available to be discreet without stinking up the neighbourhood.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Well, this thread is a waste of time. I'm going to clean the garage.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default "Can't ya smell that smell?"

Wonder what it was like in Calgary before cars what with all the horses stinkin' up the place. Or drinking beer across the street from the stock yards? Maybe a good reason to move out of Grand Mills and into those new suburbs.

Did you know about the 'aromatisers' that surround the Calgro sludge ponds that come on when the wind pushes that stink over Douglasdale. That could work in Lake Sundance. Maybe.

Free
Old 03-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Banned

Memorize the following lyrics then sing it as loud as you can every-time your neighbour lights up:

Well, they'll stone you when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone you just like they said they would
They'll stone you when you're trying to go home
And they'll stone you when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned
Well, they'll stone you when you're walking on the street
They'll stone you when you're tryin' to keep your seat
They'll stone you when you're walkin' on the floor
They'll stone you when you're walkin' to the door
They'll stone you when you're at the breakfast table
They'll stone you when you are young and able
They'll stone you when you're tryin' to make a buck
Then they'll stone you and then they'll say "good luck"
Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone
Well, they’ll stone you and say that it’s the end
Then they’ll stone you and then they’ll come back again
They’ll stone you when you’re riding in your car
They’ll stone you when you’re playing your guitar
Yes, but I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned alright
Well, they’ll stone you when you walk all alone
They’ll stone you when you are walking home
They’ll stone you and then say you are brave
They’ll stone you when you are set down in your grave

Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Old 03-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Banned

Troll thread......but I'll bite.

I don't smoke dope but I'd much rather live beside someone who's going to smoke the occasional joint than some busybody snowflake that's going to complain about me smoking a cigarette, BBQing or having a campfire in my own backyard. If it bothers you that much just go in the house and make another pumpkin spice latte. By the time that you come back out the smell will be gone.
Closed Thread