Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Onus on Accessing GRL

So how would this follow under onus... ive contacted the GRL and seems like ive been playing cat and mouse and getting the run around before the dry spell we had... he said he got cattle there or its to dry or its full... conditions say foot access only if cattle present.... do i just access... i have all emails i sent from day one and left my cell contact info... im just hunting...& not damaging nothing and im not taking garbage in. Just me and my rifle.. should i have phone on video mode if met with the GRL on the land.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:07 AM

AlbertaWild - sorry man, might want to take a few extra minutes to stitch those sentences together. I'd love to help but I've got no idea what you're asking.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 AM

Default Onus

Onus-> ones duty or responsibility to prove he follows all specifications that is mentioned.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:16 AM

You don't mention the wmu ? Is there a possibility there is still a fire ban in effect in that county??? if so a no go!
Old 10-08-2017, 08:37 AM

Follow the conditions and you should be good to go. He could still deny you access due to it being "full" but 85% of the time he's probably full of **** on that account.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
You don't mention the wmu ? Is there a possibility there is still a fire ban in effect in that county??? if so a no go!
Im not making a fire or dont smoke... your prolly mean forest closure. Its lifted.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchcraft View Post
Follow the conditions and you should be good to go. He could still deny you access due to it being "full" but 85% of the time he's probably full of **** on that account.
Yah im starting to think he is full of **** now. I think i will do this; ive done everything and follewed through... thanks
Old 10-08-2017, 11:58 AM

Special areas 3&4 are still under fire bans. Lease access can be denied when fire bans are in effect.

It would be helpful to know where you intend to hunt.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 10-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Show some respect. If the lease owner told you no then you are trespassing. They can rightfully deny you access if cattle are in the fields.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Show some respect. If the lease owner told you no then you are trespassing. They can rightfully deny you access if cattle are in the fields.

There in lies the key word.........RESPECT.........
Old 10-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
And in my opinion respect is lost by those lease holders that screw around with ethical hunters and deny access.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:06 PM

Goes both ways. Two sides to every story
Old 10-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Goes both ways. Two sides to every story
there u go..sticking up for those dang lease holders again!
Old 10-09-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
there u go..sticking up for those dang lease holders again!
R U still mad at the lease holders down south cause none of them will allow U access for goat hunting this fall??????
Old 10-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
R U still mad at the lease holders down south cause none of them will allow U access for goat hunting this fall??????
those dang lease holders.....where am i gonna find a goat?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:

So should it be considered trespassing if the lease holder still has livestock on the lease after the grazing season. That's becoming a fairly common exscuse of leaseholders is that they still have one or two cows out they are having trouble catching. These guys have too remember that they do not own the land just the right too graze it. Some seem too forgetfull when it comes allowing others access.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:

Your stupid boy and you cant fix stupid... i was there dismorning and no F'n cattle to be seen! Seen him on a side by side repairing fence...so i told him about sections 9(3) and 9(4) of the Recreational Access Regulation & Recreational users and included the ONUS!!
Old 10-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Reapect... is not giving a hunter the run around or trying to find a excuss to keep them off... then the hunter getting the point across to the GRL holder & the govt should allow some point of acces to GRL that has to go over private land to access.. another run around.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt hntr View Post
So should it be considered trespassing if the lease holder still has livestock on the lease after the grazing season. That's becoming a fairly common exscuse of leaseholders is that they still have one or two cows out they are having trouble catching. These guys have too remember that they do not own the land just the right too graze it. Some seem too forgetfull when it comes allowing others access.
When does the grazing season end???
Old 10-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
When does the grazing season end???
Some leases are oct 31. This is why some grazing reserves have too open up gates and access on nov 1
Old 10-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt hntr View Post
Some leases are oct 31. This is why some grazing reserves have too open up gates and access on nov 1
"some"..is the key word there...and there could be other minister approved restrictions in place other than cattle at large as well
Old 10-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
"some"..is the key word there...and there could be other minister approved restrictions in place other than cattle at large as well
Yes you are correct....
There are rules and requirements too be followed on both sides of the fence. Not all lease holders are difficult but not all outdoorsmen are either.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaWild View Post
So how would this follow under onus... ive contacted the GRL and seems like ive been playing cat and mouse and getting the run around before the dry spell we had... he said he got cattle there or its to dry or its full... conditions say foot access only if cattle present.... do i just access... i have all emails i sent from day one and left my cell contact info... im just hunting...& not damaging nothing and im not taking garbage in. Just me and my rifle.. should i have phone on video mode if met with the GRL on the land.
Call the local settlement officer. He / she will sort it out....if you are hell bent on hunting that land.... there may be some bad blood after the settlement officer gets involved.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 PM

if the conditions on the GRL you view specify a number for hunters (i.e. only 4 per day) they have the right to say full if have that many. If no limit stated they cannot say full because they don't have a minister approved condition specifying the max number.

If a fire ban in effect they can legally deny access same if any livestock on land.

The loop hole that annoys me is they can hunt if livestock/fireban themselves and can allow (but are not legally required to) hunters on land. So if there is a cow on the land they can restrict access to themselves and/or their friends...

Tags
access, hunting