Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Default Calgary

Hey everyone,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. This will be my first season attempting to hunt and getting quite excited. I have been doing a ton of research and reading but it's all quite overwhelming. I am prepared to go out solo but would prefer to have a somewhat experienced partner to go with for company and safety! Looking to fill a couple general deer tags likely just on public land. Planning to get out and scout some locations over the coming summer months. Also open to just tagging along on someone else hunt and helping with glassing, packing out, etc.. I have most equipment and am quite fit, so up for anything, just looking to gain some field knowledge! So if you are a new hunter who wants to try and learn together or someone experienced looking for a new partner, give me a shout. We can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 PM

Default Calgary area

Name's Jordan (25years old). My girlfriend and I will be moving from BC to Calgary at the end of summer. Looking for a hunting partner who may want to get out for some deer this upcoming season. Someone close to Calgary would be nice, but I don't mind driving a few hours if it means I get to hunt! I am fairly new to hunting, but have all my own gear and some field experience. This past spring season I took down a nice black bear on Vancouver Island with my 7mm rem mag. PM me if you want to get out! We can grab a beer once I move out there and plan something.

thanks
Old 07-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. This will be my first season attempting to hunt and getting quite excited. I have been doing a ton of research and reading but it's all quite overwhelming. I am prepared to go out solo but would prefer to have a somewhat experienced partner to go with for company and safety! Looking to fill a couple general deer tags likely just on public land. Planning to get out and scout some locations over the coming summer months. Also open to just tagging along on someone else hunt and helping with glassing, packing out, etc.. I have most equipment and am quite fit, so up for anything, just looking to gain some field knowledge! So if you are a new hunter who wants to try and learn together or someone experienced looking for a new partner, give me a shout. We can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!

Just PM'd you mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 03:21 PM

I'm Justin, 37, and have been whitetail hunting for the past 3 seasons. My wife keeps bugging me to get her a bear and I've been putting it off due to my lack of bear hunting knowledge. I'm a quick study and have my own truck and gear. Not looking to leech off anyone just need someone with experience to show me how it's done. Willing to chip in for whatever is necessary (bait, fuel, etc). I live in Edmonton but will travel pretty much anywhere within a 5 hour radius.

Cheers!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:38 AM

So got drawn for antlered elk in 406, looking for anyone who also got drawn that is looking to partner up in the zone

In south Calgary, mid-30's, mature professional. Experienced in 406. If you want help scouting, and with any luck, help extracting your elk, PM me!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:50 PM

Default Looking for a mentor

Hi folks,
I am an eighteen year old looking for help with most of the aspects of hunting. I entered the draws for a white tail and an elk getting neither thank goodness (realized i know squat after i didn't 999 them) I belive this makes me eligable for a general tag for a deer. Theres a lot I need to learn, the foremost being where i can hunt and um how to find the animal. I already have a pal and the hunters ed. Im open to learning about any type of hunting. Be it big game, small game, water fowl, or upland. I based out of canmore but can travel so long as i have the heads up and hopefully its within 5-7 hrs max. As far as gear goes I do not have the most as thats what i have been trying to save up for but will be equiping my self as we get closer to the season. If your a legal and safe hunter looking for a partner to help you on your own hunt or just would not mind showing a new guy the ropes send me a pm or maybe we can meet up for coffee or a beer and just go over the regulations. Thanks either way
Nick
Old 07-16-2016, 01:22 AM

Hi everyone I'm 23 and hunted most of my life, guided waterfowl and turkeys in Ontario for 4 years for southern limits outfitting, also an avid bow hunter. Just looking for a hunting partner, located in Fort Mac.

Pm me if interested.

Thanks,

Hartsky
Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Default Waterfowl & Upland

Hi all,

Long time member and active big game hunter, fisherman, and beginning fly fisherman. I recently got a Nova Scotia Duck Toller (currently 7.5 months old) that has had 3 months of training by WWBirds for upland and water retrieves. I'm looking for someone with experience hunting upland over dogs or waterfowl to come with my 13 year old son and I. We have shotguns, truck, and the dog. Need someone with experience to help us out with setups, calling, etc as my hands will be full keeping the dog in line and supervising my boy.

We are located in the Sherwood Park area.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Hey everyone,

Cheers, Mark!
I have done a bit of scouting over the summer but it's a lot to take in, feeling a bit discouraged for the season. Would feel a lot more comfortable with a partner/mentor so let me know if you need a buddy out there!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:49 AM

I'm looking to get out this season and get my first Buck!
Newer to hunting in Alberta. Hunted all my life with my dad in BC. I am 29 years old and have my own gear / rifle.
Located in Red Deer and I will travel if someone wants to take me.
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:57 AM

I'll be heading out to whitecourt any 346 early October for wt buck. Anyone wants to tag along I'll give you the layout of the area
Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 AM

Default Within three hours of Calgary

Hey guys, I've worn two pairs of shoes out hiking in and around waiprous in the wmu 316-318 412-414-416 for elk, wt, MD and upland birds and I've been only having moderate luck at finding the amount of animals I expected.

I'm looking for a partner for bird hunting with .22's and big game hunting, I'm medium experience and have my own guns.

Anyone feel like grabbing a coffee and talking about what your targeting this year, I'm willing to share my knowledge for upland birds and locations.

I'll help lug animals out and even gutting, I would just like to get some bucks this year instead of just filling doe tags.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 AM

Hey Guys, Grande Prairie area, new hunter looking to learn. I like to hike in to areas. I need to learn how to field dress and would like to watch an experienced hunter. Willing to clean and help pack out your harvests. I am looking for elk/deer myself.

PS I don't bitch about early mornings or long hikes!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:49 AM

Default Looking for pheasant hunting partner in calgary area

Hi everyone,

I am looking to take my German shorthaired pointer puppy out for some pheasant hunting this fall. I mainly want her to get used to gunshots. I have hunted before but not in Alberta. Would love to tag along and split gas

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-13-2016, 03:04 PM

Default Taber Pheasant festival

Hey Steve,

I have 3 hunting days booked for the Taber Pheasant festival in October, i went down last year without a dog still had decent success, I hunt with a good friend and my father and we would love for another hunter with a dog to join us. Let me know if you're interested for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveypo View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking to take my German shorthaired pointer puppy out for some pheasant hunting this fall. I mainly want her to get used to gunshots. I have hunted before but not in Alberta. Would love to tag along and split gas

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-15-2016, 02:37 PM

Hey Mark,

You still looking for a hunting partner?