Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2019, 04:13 PM

Default Class C at Pigeon

I was interested to know how many people are catching C class walleye at Pigeon. I have had a lot of good days catching walleye out there but the smaller ones seem tougher to find. Yesterday I caught 4 that were 45-47 but that’s usually as small as I get. In the summer I caught a lot of smaller ones and said I will wait for winter to fill tags. Also I always fish late afternoon and evening and was wondering what kind of luck people had during the day catching walleye. And yes I know the best time is morning and evening but was curious to know what others had for luck. Also I’ve fished 4 different areas of the lake as well.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:42 PM

Did you catch those at Silver Beach? I still have my class B tags to fill.

I mostly fished the provincial park side this year, always in the afternoon, but it was dead. Gonna try back at Silver beach to fill my tags - it was pretty decent fishing there last year where we had the shack.

I fished Mulhurst this afternoon for a few hours and saw one on the flasher but no bites. A guy about 50 yards away pulled at least one out during the few hours I was there.

The St. Paddy's day ice golf tourney was on today and I had to wait a bit to get down the boat launch onto the ice. The girl directing traffic gave me a couple beers for my trouble!!!
Old 03-17-2019, 03:51 PM

We got to pigeon for 3-4 hours this morning. Tried the p.p drop off first with no action and no fish marked. Moved along the shore north about 500-700yards and did a lot better. 10-12ft of water. Marked a lot of fish and caught 10 in about 2 hours. 8-class B, 2-class C and a few smaller pike. Driving was easy with 4*4. About 8 trucks stacked up on the p.p drop off when we left. I’m curious how they did.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:49 AM

Two trips out - approx. 14 or 15 Eyes landed - 1 was above the 50cm mark, 2 were below 43cms and the rest were Class B.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 AM

Friday night was all Cs and we filled 6 tags at sunset on jigging raps. Fishing 9-5 Sunday and we only landed Bs, but it was a really slow bite. All fish on jaw jackers and minnows.