Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 07:24 AM

Default Waterfowl Near Calgary

I've never been out hunting for ducks/geese but really want to give it a try. I have hunted big game in the area for a number of years and want to expand my hunting knowledge and experiences.

I live near Calgary, in my early 30's, have 3 kids and am a responsible hunter. I have a pump action 12 gauge shotgun and a willingness to do what is needed to setup, etc during a hunt.

Looking for someone who is willing to take me along on a hunt or two this fall.

PM me. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Default Calgary Area BOW HUNTS

Hey All,

My first season was last year, no luck. Looking to tag along ANY bow hunts within a few hours. Day trips, short notice, don't matter. Don't drink or smoke. Just looking for the experience.

Willing to partner up with an old head and help pack out your animal or team up with another rookie with some access. I have all my own gear and don't need anything but a buddy. PM me if interested or send me an email.
AlJenkins1989@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 08-06-2015, 05:01 PM

My name is Johnny. I live in Millet, about 50km south of Edmonton. I like to hunt grouse, geese and big game too. I have a few years experience hunting but am not from Alberta. I don't bow hunt, just shotgun and rifle. If anyone in the area wants to go on a hunt this year, drop me a line.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Default New hunting in Alberta

Hi,

I've gone out scouting with my dad lots when I was younger for deer. Been duck hunting with him in Saskatchewan. Therefor the last little while it's mostly been shotgun for me, but I did do a lot of archery and some rifle.

Been hard being out here and lacking the hunting family/friend aspect to even go shooting and practice it's only so much fun by yourself for so long and haven't even been getting out to do that as often anymore. Been letting work get in the way.

Looking to expand my experience, learn and need a hunting buddy or a few here in Alberta.

PM me and let the chit chat begin
Old 08-09-2015, 04:28 AM

Hi,

I will be heading up to your neck of the woods around Oct. 19th for some snow goose hunting. It'll be my 4th trip to Canada for snowgeese, but I usually hunt near Moosejaw. I was hoping to test the 50 bird limit in Alberta this year. We were thinking of starting near Lloyd and going from there. I have all the toys and gear for snow goose hunting, and we are pretty mobile if we need to be.

I'm from Louisiana and it will be probably be 4 of us this year. I'm looking for someone local to join us. My buddy from Moosejaw can't make it this year due to work. We usually hunt snows in the am, then ducks in the afternoon. P.M. me if interested. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Default 406 antlered mule deer

Looking to see if theres anyone who drew an antlered md for 406.
I did and usually scout/hunt solo, but after packing out a md for 4kms last year, at 44 years old, I finally see the merits of hunting with someone else! Ha ha, slow learner.

I usually do day trips from yyc into mostly non motorized areas.
im a granola kinda guy, who loves being outdoors no matter what the season.

Really want to go up higher elevations in search of mulies. If this is what you have in mind too, let me know.
and I like beer flavoured beer.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
Looking to see if theres anyone who drew an antlered md for 406.
I did and usually scout/hunt solo, but after packing out a md for 4kms last year, at 44 years old, I finally see the merits of hunting with someone else! Ha ha, slow learner.

I usually do day trips from yyc into mostly non motorized areas.
im a granola kinda guy, who loves being outdoors no matter what the season.

Really want to go up higher elevations in search of mulies. If this is what you have in mind too, let me know.
and I like beer flavoured beer.
Hey there no draws for me but I know some spots in 406 southern parts of the zone mostly and would be up for a few trips. I haven't looked yet but if moose is going to be general for now season in 406 again I'll be looking to arrow one.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Default Morinville. Waterfowl.

G'day,
I would ideally looking for someone more expericenced then myself to hunt waterfowl.
This will be my 2nd season field hunting and 3rd season hunting over water for birds. I have all my own gear.
I've got land access north of Legal and spend plenty of time scouting and will have no problem putting in the leg work as long as its not one sided.
I would like to find someone in the area to team up with for a few shoots and maybe show me a thing or two.
587-988-6523
Brian.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanf View Post
Hey there no draws for me but I know some spots in 406 southern parts of the zone mostly and would be up for a few trips. I haven't looked yet but if moose is going to be general for now season in 406 again I'll be looking to arrow one.
Just looked at regs. 406 moose is open for bow, antlered and antlerless so sept 8 to sept 23.

ever hunt 412? I saw a nice bull out there two years ago, during archery season. About 400 yards out. I didnt have a tag.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
Just looked at regs. 406 moose is open for bow, antlered and antlerless so sept 8 to sept 23.

ever hunt 412? I saw a nice bull out there two years ago, during archery season. About 400 yards out. I didnt have a tag.
Not to much time in 412 no I mostly hunt 406,404,402,305 and some prairie zones and occasionally up by rocky mountain house
Old 08-11-2015, 01:13 PM

Default Edmonton

Another hunter from Edmonton - I think I posted in here before but bumping it for this season - I've been hunting in BC for a while, mostly deer, some assorted small game and ducks. Looking to go again for deer and try geese this year. At worst I'll just go find a spot, but figured if someone out there wants help dragging game out of the bush or wants a hunting buddy I'd throw my name in.

As a side note, I'm also on the hunt for deer hides - I tan my own leather and can always use more to practice new techniques. If you end up with a deer and don't want the hide I'll take them off your hands
Old 08-11-2015, 01:43 PM

Default 334 Moose

Hi Guys ,my hunting buddy has moved so I am looking for somebody who
wants to hunt Antlered Moose on a partner license in 334.
Bow first and later on with a gun
I live east of Leduc and have some permission in the Lindale area.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Default Calgary beginner!

Hey,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. I have been really interested in firearms and hunting lately. I am intrigued at the idea of hunting due to the difficulty and challenge of the chase, along with hopefully a rewarding payout at the end. I have received my PAL and passed the aheia course. Purchased the 10/22 and been practicing my shoot. Also doing a ton of research online, educating myself so I am the most prepared. However nothing would be more valuable than the real thing! So that's why I am here. Looking for someone who would be willing to take me along on a few hunts this season (deer, elk, duck). I don't necessarily even need to kill anything, I would simply love to tag along and just observe and get a feel for everything. I could help you glass, pack out, whatever, I am fit and up for anything! So if anyone is willing, give me a shout and maybe we can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:36 PM

Iam trying to find a sheep hunting partner to hit up k country opening day for a 4 or 5 day pack trip into the mountains. My hunting partner bailed on me last minute cause of work so if anyone interested in doing a sheep trek to get out and see whats moving around let me know. This is all on foot as I bivy hunt the ridges so iam up there all the time. let me know if intrested
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM

I am in Olds and I am looking for a buddy to shoot ducks and geese. I am a long time upland hunter and a regular at that clays field but I am new to migratory. I am hoping to find a hunting buddy that doesn't mind showing the new guy the ropes. I will gladly do the leg work and help set up, build blinds, etc.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 PM

Anyone ever hunt the Canmore bow zone? Particularly interested in bow flats natural area as it is flat land between two highways and is a prime wildlife corridor. Looking for Elk and Whitetail. Hoping to hook up with another traditional archer.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:55 AM

Default Looking for experience

Hey guys, I am looking to go out for my first archery Elk this year either sex in a general archery elk zone ... trouble is I have never been elk hunting before and i am not really sure where to start. If you have some experience and are looking for a partner in sept. or oct. on and Elk hunt please message me. I am willing to travel anywhere in souther AB. Thanks !
Old 08-16-2015, 11:08 PM

Default Archery Close to Calgary

Looking for someone to archery hunt with close to Calgary. Perhaps in 406 during the archery season there.

Willing to trade an experienced elk/moose hunter for a pheasant hunt or two with a Ringneck Kennel bred and trained lab later in the season.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:49 PM

Jeff, I'm also in Fort McMurray. Going to be doing quite a bit of duck/goose hunting (mainly from the boat) this year with my lab, and I'm interested in Coyote hunting as well. I can't seem to send pm's yet...shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Ken
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5316 View Post
Hi I am looking for a hunting partner in the Fort Mcmurray area for geese, ducks and coyote hunting. I have all kinds of gear for this and all kinds of guns for this. The only problem I have is finding people to actually go. I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere within a 500km radius or more. I am also in Bonnyville all the time so even a partner there would be great. Anyway if interested pm me please.
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff, I'm also in Fort McMurray. Going to be doing quite a bit of duck/goose hunting (mainly from the boat) this year with my lab, and I'm interested in Coyote hunting as well. I can't seem to send pm's yet...shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Ken
Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 PM

Default Fort McMurray Hunter

I'm located in Fort McMurray and do quite a bit of hunting in the area (ducks, deer, grouse, and moose for the first time)...definitely interested in getting together with other hunters (experience and age don't matter) who are more interested in being outdoors than drinking the day away. Shoot me a pm!

Ken
Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 AM

Post Looking for Hunting Partner

Hi All,

I moved to Calgary, AB approx. 2 years ago from QC. I am 22 and have been hunting and fishing for as long as I can remember. I am looking for hunting partners to hunt big game and waterfowl. I have a camping trailer to leave for more than a day. I usually bow hunt however I do hunt with a rifle also. As of now I don't have any land to hunt on but I don't mind travelling somewhere within 3-4h or maybe more. I am pretty easy going.

Feel free to drop me a line via PM or text 403-813-7454.

Have a good day,

Tom
Old 08-19-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsmatth View Post
Looking for someone to archery hunt with close to Calgary. Perhaps in 406 during the archery season there.

Willing to trade an experienced elk/moose hunter for a pheasant hunt or two with a Ringneck Kennel bred and trained lab later in the season.
Hi,

I have an antlerless elk for area 406. PM me. would like to try bow hunting.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:44 PM

Default looking for a hunting partner.

Hello my name is Scott I am an avid bow hunter. I have been in Canada for almost two years. I am looking for someone who has land to hunt or how the crown land working. I am from North Carolina.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto2626 View Post
Hello my name is Scott I am an avid bow hunter. I have been in Canada for almost two years. I am looking for someone who has land to hunt or how the crown land working. I am from North Carolina.
Where are u living currently. What part of the province
Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 AM

I've got a cow elk draw for Spirt River 359 late season Dec- Jan
Does any one else have the same draw and needs a partner?
Old 08-22-2015, 07:54 PM

Default Hunting amigo near Red Deer

Hi, names Sarah. Looking for a hunting partner near Red Deer that wants to do some bird hunting. Don't have much experience duck or goose hunting but I learn quick. Have done lots of dove hunting down in the great lone star state. Anyways if you think I could tag along PM me, thanks
Old 08-23-2015, 01:08 PM

Hey all!
New poster/ First post. loving all the great info to be found here and the general attitude of everyone is very welcoming.
I'm Looking to tag along with a knowledgeable, respectful, and patient hunter in the central Alberta region for this upcoming big game rifle/shotgun season. I have several vacation days I plan on using to ensure a good full hunt. This will be my first season and I am looking to gain as much experience as possible. From glassing, calling/ bugaling, stalking, baiting, descenting, skinning, gutting, packing, butchering, and anything else I can cram in.
I have my RPAL,Game bird license, Wild life cert, and a resident black bear tag at the moment. No luck for any draws this season.
I missed my spring bear and would love to fill that tag this fall, but most of all I would be ecstatic to harvest an Elk/ Deer.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and happy hunting!
Old 08-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Default Dream Hunt

I was invited to go on a Elk Hunt for a week starting in Sept 22 on privet land in spirt river. I am unable to go now. The two guys father and son are from quebec and need some one to hunter host them. Its only $30.00 for the on line hunter host Licence. What they bring to the table is a large army Tent for all to sleep in and some of the best elk hunting land anyone could dream of.They are driving up from down east with a 4 door 4X4 . and could pick you up on the way.
The dead line for buying the hunter host tag is Aug 31.
Please Email or pm me ASP.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I was invited to go on a Elk Hunt for a week starting in Sept 22 on privet land in spirt river. I am unable to go now. The two guys father and son are from quebec and need some one to hunter host them. Its only $30.00 for the on line hunter host Licence. What they bring to the table is a large army Tent for all to sleep in and some of the best elk hunting land anyone could dream of.They are driving up from down east with a 4 door 4X4 . and could pick you up on the way.
The dead line for buying the hunter host tag is Aug 31.
Please Email or pm me ASP.
We have found some one .