Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 AM

Default tilt problems on 60 horses evenrude

took the boat & can't seem to get the motor down, has power & oil, any suggestions would be apreciated
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 AM

Need more discription of what you did and what it was doing. There is usualy a pin or stop that can be moved in place after the motor is in the up position to take the pressure off the tilt in transport. Did you forget to move this back so the motor can go down? Just a thought as I had forgoten this once and it took me an hour to figure it out, this simple thing. I new it was there and still forgot about it.
Does the tilt pump make any noise as if its trying to work?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 AM

As Kim said...thats the first thing i thought of to. Lift the motor all the way up, those locks are usually spring loaded so they should drop once all weight is off them

Also another thing that happened to an older boat of mine is the power wires will go to a sylonoid(sp) the wires were loose and a bit rusty for the up. Should be two prongs on this sylonoid one for up and one for down. Check them as they need good contact
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Need more discription of what you did and what it was doing. There is usualy a pin or stop that can be moved in place after the motor is in the up position to take the pressure off the tilt in transport. Did you forget to move this back so the motor can go down? Just a thought as I had forgoten this once and it took me an hour to figure it out, this simple thing. I new it was there and still forgot about it.
Does the tilt pump make any noise as if its trying to work?
I am not @ the boat but i am told there is power going to the pump & the pump is running & the lock is disengaged. Can the motor be lowered into the running position by bleeding off the hydrolics & be run without being able to tilt, as long as it can be locked in the running position, thanx for the replies
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
I am not @ the boat but i am told there is power going to the pump & the pump is running & the lock is disengaged. Can the motor be lowered into the running position by bleeding off the hydrolics & be run without being able to tilt, as long as it can be locked in the running position, thanx for the replies
Probably could be locked into running position, but what are you going to do when it comes time to load the boat and you have to go near shallow water?

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

You can get a lock in the power trim casing, try tapping the housing with a rubber handle screwdriver. If this does not work you can lower the motor with the release valve to whatever level you want and then tighten. When you want to raise the motor just release the valve again raise motor (manually) and re-tighten.