Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Default saskatchewan pike fishing

hey guys we are 2 guys thinking to hit the Saskatchewan and fishing some big pike ,trout and wallye and wondering if someone knows a good camping near a good lake with some good fishing ??

we are heading out tomorrow, we have dealing with a lot of places and option but we havenīt come up to any good places the main thing is shore fishing so please help us out
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 PM

How far noeth are u willing to travel?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead008 View Post
How far noeth are u willing to travel?
as far as i need to go
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 PM

If u want trophys got to tobin but it might be tough without a boat as theres lots of water to cover
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Last mountain lake...big pike, big walleye and the kicker huge and easy to catch carp!!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefoe View Post
Last mountain lake...big pike, big walleye and the kicker huge and easy to catch carp!!
i Think you hit the Nail there moefoe what kind of carp is it u can Catch there??

Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 AM

Default sk

Deifienbaker lake is the place to go great walleye, pike and some trout
Old 06-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
How does one catch carp out of there? I grew up on that lake and wasn't even aware of the carp population until I moved out this way.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
How does one catch carp out of there? I grew up on that lake and wasn't even aware of the carp population until I moved out this way.
We fished Big Arm Bay last year (from a boat) looking for big pike and found them...we also spooked thousands of huge Carp back there, all in like 2' of water! Gave my Uncle back in England a call he gave me a set up to catch them...basically a slip sinker and some corn and we were Carp fishing! We caught 30 or so in 2 Days averaging 15-20 lbs with a few close to 30 lbs using medium action walleye gear, it was awsome! Now as I said we had a boat but there were plenty of places to fish from shore back there with 2-3 bridges...or throw on some waders and go trudging around in the shallows, goodtimes!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
We fished Big Arm Bay last year (from a boat) looking for big pike and found them...we also spooked thousands of huge Carp back there, all in like 2' of water! Gave my Uncle back in England a call he gave me a set up to catch them...basically a slip sinker and some corn and we were Carp fishing! We caught 30 or so in 2 Days averaging 15-20 lbs with a few close to 30 lbs using medium action walleye gear, it was awsome! Now as I said we had a boat but there were plenty of places to fish from shore back there with 2-3 bridges...or throw on some waders and go trudging around in the shallows, goodtimes!!
I'm not familiar with Big Arm Bay...is that on the end of the lake around Valeport?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I'm not familiar with Big Arm Bay...is that on the end of the lake around Valeport?
West side of the lake about half way up...we camped at Henderson beach!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Medow Lake Provincial Park... Lots of Great Lakes close together with good fishing
Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Medow Lake Provincial Park... Lots of Great Lakes close together with good fishing
X2 real nice camping and fishing up there!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Default pike fishing

Go to the Hansen Lake Road and work your way north. There are numerous big lakes there with excellent fishing for most species. Altho a boat is recomended. Piker
Old 06-07-2013, 11:48 AM

Meadow Lake is great choice as is Last Mountain Lake, but dont forget about Dore. The fishing is excellent at all 3...
Old 06-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker View Post
Go to the Hansen Lake Road and work your way north. There are numerous big lakes there with excellent fishing for most species. Altho a boat is recomended. Piker
X2
Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor L View Post
hey guys we are 2 guys thinking to hit the Saskatchewan and fishing some big pike ,trout and wallye and wondering if someone knows a good camping near a good lake with some good fishing ??

we are heading out tomorrow, we have dealing with a lot of places and option but we havenīt come up to any good places the main thing is shore fishing so please help us out
Diefenbaker no doubt!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM

Thanks guys i guess we have some dissision to make , i need to Point out that we donīt have a boat, maybe we can rent some canoe or something but it needs to be lakes that we can shore fishing. i appriciate the answers guys !
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM

we have decided to go to flin flon to flinīs cabins as our final goal but we are gonna make some stops on the way on some recomntations by you guys thanks for the help we really appricieat it ... sorry for the Spelling have no time to correct it :/
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM

We called Slims Cabins they offered us a camp ground and a fishing boat.
It's at the Churchill River - Sokatisewin Lake.
We are looking forward to fish there