Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'll value my stuff how I want but I will tell you I place a high value on my personal space. It just so happens that my belongings are in my personal space. If you value life as much as you seem to stay out of my personal space there won't be a problem. Go steal stuff from people with your mindset and you'll be safe. If you'd like to put on your map were your life will have less value then my belongings I'll send you my address. You've been warned I suggest you pay attention.
You sound like quite the internet tough-guy.

As I don't steal, I have nothing to worry about, though I do admit I'm tempted to ask for your address. I'll send you a valentines card.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
You obviously don't understand the concept. With your attitude, we will be paying more for insurance than taxes before you know it. Is that what you want?

It doesn't matter how you say it, you are turning the criminal into the victim. The results of criminal activity are the results of criminal activity. In the Stanley case, Stanley is the victim. Boushie's death was the result of his own criminality.
As I have never filed a claim (those tapes stolen from my car that one time were really not worth it), it is not me raising your insurance rates, chum.

I thought Stanley's gun went off accidentally, while he wasn't being careful of where the muzzle was pointed. To my mind, that's negligent firearm handling, causing death. In my opinion, that's involuntary manslaughter, but my opinion and $1.00 will get you a coffee at McDonalds. And I think there's like 5 other threads on that topic elsewhere on this forum, right? No need to drag it over here as well.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:24 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
It appears the majority here will kill people for stuff.

That's pretty sad.
The sad truth is you do not know 100% the intentions of a home invader. I am one man and in my 47 years my next door neighbour's (very elderly people) were home invaded, tired up and robbed, then murdered. Another person I know surprised people robbing his house. He was lucky enough to get away only pistol whipped and mutilated with a knife because he didn't have enough crap for them to steal and they figured he was holding out on valuables.

So with that said, how is one supposed to know when it is simply a desperate poor individual stealing to feed his family or a if the invader is a blood thirsty sociopath looking to take from you and hurt you or your family because it is easier than earning It?

You Can't ever assume they will not hurt you unless you are ready to simply roll over and let people have their way with your life and hard earned possessions.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
You sound like quite the internet tough-guy.

As I don't steal, I have nothing to worry about, though I do admit I'm tempted to ask for your address. I'll send you a valentines card.
No not tough at all just believe in standing up for myself is all. Save your two bits don't need a Valentine's card. Keys are in my truck be quick because you've got 100 yds of drive way before you're safe.
Easy concept that I think all can figure out. DON'T STEAL

Let's say it together DON'T STEAL.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
The sad truth is you do not know 100% the intentions of a home invader. I am one man and in my 47 years my next door neighbour's (very elderly people) were home invaded, tired up and robbed, then murdered. Another person I know surprised people robbing his house. He was lucky enough to get away only pistol whipped and mutilated with a knife because he didn't have enough crap for them to steal and they figured he was holding out on valuables.

So with that said, how is one supposed to know when it is simply a desperate poor individual stealing to feed his family or a if the invader is a blood thirsty sociopath looking to take from you and hurt you or your family because it is easier than earning It?

You Can't ever assume they will not hurt you unless you are ready to simply roll over and let people have their way with your life and hard earned possessions.
Much the same story as my dad and his home invader. A very traumatic experience for him. All because he didn't know his credit card pin number.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
No not tough at all just believe in standing up for myself is all. Save your two bits don't need a Valentine's card. Keys are in my truck be quick because you've got 100 yds of drive way before you're safe.
Easy concept that I think all can figure out. DON'T STEAL

Let's say it together DON'T STEAL.
Well, you rank right up there with Hal, in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Ive often thought of how easy it would be to break into most doors,just a good boot in most cases.I thought then maybe a steel bar right across door ,hinged on one side and steel slot of some kind on the other,this would take a lot stress before it would break, lots of time to react? My opinion.
There is a thin metal stip you can buy that goes inside your door frame that strengthens it 10 fold and short of a battering ram it cant be kicked in. It is certainly not invisible but would look way better than your fix
Old 02-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
What's wrong with that. Good guy to be lumped in with.

When can I expect you? What would be your preferred theft deterents tool. Got a few and would like to give you a option. Suggest you don't drive today as the weather is not the nicest and being the caring person I am I'd like to see you make it safely.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
I agree with you.

Personally, I've played a LOT of rugby, and done some part time security(arrest and control of wriggling folk of various size), so I'm not scared of people, even those with weapons. As I said, my wife's voice can peel cheaper brands of paint off walls and furniture and does a lot of carpentry and animal handling around the place, so is not averse either. We also know where all the blunt objects (pry bars, fence posts, shovels, hammers, wrenches, fire place tools, meat cleavers, rolling pins, etc.) are on our property, in our house, and garage.

So, personal protection is never really a big concern, but that's just us because of our lifetimes spent in sports and on farms.

People in general should pursue training in self defense, if they are concerned about their personal protection, as it will give them the tools and confidence they need to be able to control situations without overreacting.

And "stuff" is insurable.
You may get a hole in your superman crest
Old 02-14-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
What's wrong with that. Good guy to be lumped in with.

When can I expect you? What would be your preferred theft deterents tool. Got a few and would like to give you a option. Suggest you don't drive today as the weather is not the nicest and being the caring person I am I'd like to see you make it safely.
Yes, I do lump you two together now.

I'll be like the Spanish Inquisition. 3 feathers and a wading pool of mazola.

You have yet to provide me with an address, so it may take quite a while to get there even taking the road conditions into account.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
You may get a hole in your superman crest
The odds do not favour that scenario.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I don't know who Hal is and I don't know you are but when it comes to picking people to spend time with, you don't make the list.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:06 AM

Default That's it

I think everyone has had a fair chance to state their opinions and ideas, now we are getting into opinions about one another, and that is not the function of this site.