Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM

Default first ice first pike of the season

well decided to get out on the ice with my dad for the first time of the year. we picked a lake in S.A. that we know that had lots of fish in her. we were surprised we didnt see any hoes in the ice yet!!! started off with my dad with a little 3ish pounder within seconds then a bunch of bites and then he caught one more about the same size then a bunch of bites for another 45 mins. then he changed holes and he pounded another. a little bigger this time but still nothing all that big. now im starting to get mad hes getting most of the bites and all the fish lol. now i got something playing with my line, it feels like something is bumping it or pushing it im not sure but i set the hook and nothing was there . so we set a time limit to go home normally we catch one in between then and hen we go home... well we did, well he did lol. nicer one id say 4-6 lbs he was thick through the back. so we packed it up and went home.

im not sure what the lake was called. dad called it 5-0 lake i always that it was called out post but what ever it was a good day fishing to say the least

buck
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM

Sounds like a good day out with your dad. Wheres the pics? The vid you sent me didnt work

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Sounds like a good day out with your dad. Wheres the pics? The vid you sent me didnt work
it wasnt a vid just a pic of of some bait i got lol it never caught a fish tho well we only used it 4 the last 15 mins lol they r rotting and bloddy should b good 2moro

pics r coming when they get resized

i gotta take you there im booking a saturday off to take my brother inlaw out ice fishing 4 the first time