Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
That train of thought is dangerous, now is the time...

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
You sound like they had their vehicle damaged in traffic collision

What do you think is fair compensation for the murder and lose of a parent and spouse?
Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 PM

Old 08-10-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
Are you serious?? That is the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this forum.

How do you compensate a child for the loss of their parent? what would you consider a fair amount for the loss of a loved one? Some things money can't buy.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:07 PM

A very sad situation for the families of all four of the deceased.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Banned

My condolences to the friends and families. Cripes things are getting bad and unfortunately it’s always innocent people that have to pay for it either with their lives or the government punishing the rest of the nation that had nothing to do with it. You know, I would be very angry if I had my firearms taken away because of stupid crap but I’m not so sure I would be if they made people purchase a decent safe and home security system to keep them more secure. Sure there is always a way for these scum bags to steal guns but at least it would be more difficult for them to do so. This is logical thinking, I feel sorry for the sportsmen in Australia. I will fight to keep firearms in the hand of law biding and SANE people. Rant done.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
My condolences to the friends and families. Cripes things are getting bad and unfortunately it’s always innocent people that have to pay for it either with their lives or the government punishing the rest of the nation that had nothing to do with it. You know, I would be very angry if I had my firearms taken away because of stupid crap but I’m not so sure I would be if they made people purchase a decent safe and home security system to keep them more secure. Sure there is always a way for these scum bags to steal guns but at least it would be more difficult for them to do so. This is logical thinking, I feel sorry for the sportsmen in Australia. I will fight to keep firearms in the hand of law biding and SANE people. Rant done.
We don't know how the shooter accessed the firearm, and the recent shootings were not committed using firearms stolen from private residences, so I am not concerned about a huge safe, or a home security system. Let's concentrate on dealing with the criminals, rather than blaming this on firearms. For example, look at the Stanley case, the vehicle occupants were suspended from possessing firearms, so they accessed a firearm from a grandparent, who to my knowledge was never charged for supplying that firearm.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:13 PM

I miss the good ol days when they released the suspects identity right away .

Seems like a weekly occurrence (sigh) . thoughts and prayers and candlelight vigil straight away. Facebook shares . How about some concrete information in a timely manner ?
Minds then start to wonder . Cover up ?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88thunderbird View Post
I miss the good ol days when they released the suspects identity right away .

Seems like a weekly occurrence (sigh) . thoughts and prayers and candlelight vigil straight away. Facebook shares . How about some concrete information in a timely manner ?
Minds then start to wonder . Cover up ?
What good would come from you knowing the shooters identity? It was a poor excuse for a human that shot other humans. The person can get forgotten into nothingness for all I care. The people who need to know do. The important ones to remember are the victims.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
What good would come from you knowing the shooters identity? It was a poor excuse for a human that shot other humans. The person can get forgotten into nothingness for all I care. The people who need to know do. The important ones to remember are the victims.
Sometime the identity will reveal if it is a terrorist, gang or random shooting. . I don't care to know what the name of the killer is but want to know what "kind" of killer it is. With this Liberal govts. obsession with trying to hide and/or defend terrorist attacks it is important for the citizens to know.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:48 AM

Humbolt , Danforth now this shooting . Takes forever to release names , history etc. I remember not all that long ago Daniel Tschetter name was released as charged hours later and he remained in the news for month's/years .
Old 08-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

Best post of this sad thread.

Condolences, thoughts and prayers to all affected by this terrible event.

Tree
Old 08-11-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:

What a stupid thoughtless comment. Do you have any kids or a significant other? I would wager if it was your husband, wife, or family member murdered it would be much different. Look those people in the eye and tell them to their face what you said and see what their reaction would be to that stupid comment.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Putting faces to this tragic incident highlights that there two first responders that were out there to protect people that are not making it home to their families. I think a focus on condolences, support for the families and the Fredricton police would and should be the focus now. The rest of the discussion will flow no matter what in the months ahead.

All the best at this time from our familiy to all those affected in this incident
Old 08-11-2018, 08:32 AM

I've had to mention it in other similar threads, but it obviously bears repeating in this one. For those moaning about why the offenders name is not yet released, pause for a moment and ask yourself what benefits this would have for the police investigation

First and foremost is that it allows for minimal interference in the investigation. If the offenders name is released then every journalist, citizen blogger, keyboard commando and Alex Jones wannabe would be chasing information and might even be beating the police to talking to certain witnesses or other aspects of the case. The police have great resources, but they can't dispatch an infinite number of detectives and police officers simultaneously. Each breadcrumb trail has to be
chased to its conclusion or disappearance. Outside interference has the potential to taint evidence by muddying people's recollections, tampering with evidence or scaring off other suspects. People can be weird, I recall other cases where people instantly built fake blogs / web content purporting that it was posted by the offender, stuff like wastes police resources to prove false.

Other times they might be withholding the name in the event that there might be other suspects to pursue, such as with a conspiracy be it organized crime or terrorism or whatever. Who knows what this event was, but having the time to either confirm or eliminate such possibilities is very important.

Some of the commenters here really need to shop for new hats that weren't made by Alcoa. Give your heads a shake and think about how important a strong investigation and good evidence is for the pending court case against the offender. Nope, instead your default reactions are to instantly assume there is a greater conspiracy by any or all of the following: the offender(s), the police, the government, a foreign government, religion A, B, C, D, etc, our space alien overlords, the parasitic beetle that lives in your ear. Just stop with it already, OK?!

Last edited by CaberTosser; 08-11-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:42 AM

They released his name, Matthew Vincent Raymond.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Caber makes some very good points, we need to let the police do their job. However I will go out on a limb and say this appears to be a love triangle gone wrong. Tragedy is two innocent police officers with family lost their lives doing their job to protect our streets.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:12 AM

I miss pre-social media times were cops made their job, released a statement and the media reported what happened instead of today's **** shows full of live reports, tweets and other crap that only serve as click bait, speculations and online ad revenues.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Wow, just wow the recent Toronto event didnt open your eyes? Come on folks, they play us off our emotions and it works everytime. Who doesn't feel EXTREMELY horrible for those families and friends of those taken. But as we are filled with emotions that block logical thinking our current government is scheming up bills that will have no impact on gun violence and criminal gun use.
All acts of senseless violence opens my eyes but it won't block logical thinking nor make this type of crap go away.
Gotta just get real harsh on criminals and anything related to those who wish to break laws up to and including neck stretching as this individual who did this should meet come high noon today....but nope....gonna drag it out, mental instability bs will surface and this animal will walk amongst us in a few years good to go as long as it takes its pills

Feel so sorry for the victims and their loved ones.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-11-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
All acts of senseless violence opens my eyes but it won't block logical thinking nor make this type of crap go away.
Gotta just get real harsh on criminals and anything related to those who wish to break laws up to and including neck stretching as this individual who did this should meet come high noon today....but nope....gonna drag it out, mental instability bs will surface and this animal will walk amongst us in a few years good to go as long as it takes its pills

Feel so sorry for the victims and their loved ones.
Great post Cat. So true.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Shooter should be executed within 3 days to get his affairs in order imo..

Last edited by tri777; 08-11-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:59 AM

A month ago Japan executed 7 people by hanging. Doomsday cult weirdos who carried out attacks in the 1990's. A bit of a wait if you ask me, but at least it got done. I like Japan, they're highly civilized and have excellent engineering.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Great post Cat. So true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
A month ago Japan executed 7 people by hanging. Doomsday cult weirdos who carried out attacks in the 1990's. A bit of a wait if you ask me, but at least it got done. I like Japan, they're highly civilized and have excellent engineering.
How does everyone feel about their gun laws? Considering they have one of the lowest gun crime rates in the world.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
How does everyone feel about their gun laws? Considering they have one of the lowest gun crime rates in the world.

Japan's gun laws didn't stop the Doomsday cult weirdo's that I referenced from killing many without even using guns. Sociopaths make due with whatever is available, killings happen regardless of whether the attackers are using unlawfully obtained firearms, rental vans, hammers or swords. Banning things from possession by the law abiding will accomplish jack squat. However, hanging offenders does have a significant positive effect on their rate of recidivism.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:03 PM

I like the Saudi's approach, 1000 lashes for lower level crime. Many years back a jail warden once commented that anyone given the lash never repeated another crime. It would be excellent solution to solve Toronto's gang/gun crime. Much better than taking our duck guns away.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

Nothing more to say other than I have much respect for the RCMP and by putting their lives on the line to save others makes them heroes in my books....that are missing a couple pages from when I ran out of zag zigs 😎
Old 08-12-2018, 07:04 AM

Looks like the MSM is now pushing hard on the term "long gun". By the end of the week I'd expect the feds to announce some kind of "crackdown" on rifles of all kinds with an end goal of total firearms confiscation. The Liberals sure don't waste any time riding a tragedy to push their agenda on law abiding Canadians.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
Looks like the MSM is now pushing hard on the term "long gun". By the end of the week I'd expect the feds to announce some kind of "crackdown" on rifles of all kinds with an end goal of total firearms confiscation. The Liberals sure don't waste any time riding a tragedy to push their agenda on law abiding Canadians.

snipped un-needed or wanted brand advertising
Has the firearm(s?) type or caliber been identified?

Were the victim's shot inside or outside the apartment?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
Has the firearm(s?) type or caliber been identified?

Were the victim's shot inside or outside the apartment?
Its only noted that it was a 'long gun', no mention of its chambering or whether it was restricted or not. They did note he was firing from an elevated position (upper floor window, presumably his own suite) and the photos of the window in question with bullet holes in it matches up. My understanding is that all of the victims were outside., the couple was reportedly loading their car for a weekend outing after their respective work days.

I'm hoping it was not a restricted firearm because it will garner a knee-jerk reaction by Anti's
Old 08-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
I like the Saudi's approach, 1000 lashes for lower level crime. Many years back a jail warden once commented that anyone given the lash never repeated another crime.

Im not sure that following the antics of filthy rock bangers is a good idea.

And, its 100 lashes. 1000 would easily be fatal.

Its like caning. The guy practised with it. You get 6 slaps.

Two slaps and your ass cheek splits open. Then they let you heal for a month then come back for the other 4.

I get it. It seems fitting in theory. But these countries are garbage examples of most everything.

Saudi has big buildings, amazing architecture etc. Looks real progressive.

Give a chimp 100 billion dollars and he will be chauffeured in a Bentley too....
Old 08-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
What is the only reason the name of the suspect/charged isn’t released right away?

To protect them and their family.

Think about that real hard for as long as it takes. The victims, the innocent get published all over and we all get to feel horrible for them. But the sickos and the pieces of shyt that commit the crimes- their names are kept confidential to protect them. Mind blown? I hope so.

I did read that this allows the authorities to do their initial ground work and case building easier... maybe that’s true. But it always seems coincidently more like the current govt pushing agendas by using the media to control what direction we get to perceive these tragedies from.