Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeGardner View Post
What is the only reason the name of the suspect/charged isn’t released right away?

To protect them and their family.

Think about that real hard for as long as it takes. The victims, the innocent get published all over and we all get to feel horrible for them. But the sickos and the pieces of shyt that commit the crimes- their names are kept confidential to protect them. Mind blown? I hope so.

I did read that this allows the authorities to do their initial ground work and case building easier... maybe that’s true. But it always seems coincidently more like the current govt pushing agendas by using the media to control what direction we get to perceive these tragedies from.
Thanks for the info but no my mind is not blown. I’m pretty aware of the inner workings of the rcmp. I’ll leave it at that. Doesn’t change my opinion.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Bedawi actually sentenced to 1000 lashes, they do it over a few months. This is the one that started all of Canada's problems with the Saudi's that Feds are trying to deal with now.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 PM

CTV news tonight confirmed it was a common shoulder fired long gun and the shooter had a PAL. Not good

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/gun-us...ence-1.4050605
Old 08-13-2018, 05:21 PM

So long as it wasn't an AR15 it won't really change or amplify the current public sentiment on either side of the debate. It will however underline that the RCMP are not doing well on the background check side of things, just as they aren't calling most peoples PAL application references. I've never been called on the times I've been asked to be a reference, nor were any of mine, nor were the references of a number of people I've spoken with. If they ran the program that far over budget and weren't even putting in the most fundamental safety 'legwork' in the first place, where the heck was all that money spent by the Liberals??
Old 08-13-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
So long as it wasn't an AR15 it won't really change or amplify the current public sentiment on either side of the debate. It will however underline that the RCMP are not doing well on the background check side of things, just as they aren't calling most peoples PAL application references. I've never been called on the times I've been asked to be a reference, nor were any of mine, nor were the references of a number of people I've spoken with. If they ran the program that far over budget and weren't even putting in the most fundamental safety 'legwork' in the first place, where the heck was all that money spent by the Liberals??
I think you might be onto something

"Note: A judge has imposed a publication ban that prevents media, including CTV News, from reporting on court documents that reveal details of what happened in the Fredericton shooting. Those details were in a previous version of this story. CTV News is taking legal action against the ban."

His parents said he had a history of mental illness perhaps the CFO dropped the ball??