Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
dude thats wierd . me n my gf lived in redwater for awhile. one day we came across a rickedy bridge that crossed the redwater river on a dirt road. i went down to see if it looked like maybe a fish or two would be there and under the bridge was a very old wooden box . inside was a wierd cross and some burnt ashes. i kept the cross (cause i posted on fb about it and some friends encouraged me to) anyway i hung the cross in my closet and went on to have the worst luck for the next year. when finaly my landlord decided if we stayed living there wed have to trade our dog for a smaller one or a cat so we packed up and moved to andrew. the very last thing i saw in that house was that cross hanging it gave me the creeps i left it behind and have had better luck since...

Sounds to me like you disturbed an improvised gravesite where the box was probably the cremated remains of somebody and you took the cross; not a particularly bright thing to do.... Frankly I don't know if you're pulling our leg on this one or didn't do the math on what such a box would be. Also, how do you identify ashes that have been in the water; they'd look like mud, no? Something seems off with this.....

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.