Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Who cares who wrote it.

History WILL repeat itself.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Discussion, really...

Harpers own words...

C-13 and S-4 are just the beginning. We laugh at the citizens of the US for bending over, but wait for it.
I guess we'll see what is planned and presented in the next few weeks, likely as a new bill, since c-13 and s-4 aren't "anti-terrorism" bills.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
I guess we'll see what is planned and presented in the next few weeks, likely as a new bill, since c-13 and s-4 aren't "anti-terrorism" bills.
Open your eyes man. Harper has been pushing the surveillance state for years, and if you don't believe that I refer you to Vic Teows - the one bawling about bill C-30 and he didn't even read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4z3p0XUYlY

Surveillance is all part and parcel of the terrorism antics. They already passed bill S-7, now we have more laws coming in. Wonderful.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Who cares who wrote it.

History WILL repeat itself.
History always repeats itself, cause it works. Look at the US policy of interventionism.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed in Wednesday's Ottawa shooting at the National War Memorial, will be transported along the Highway of Heroes from the nation's capital to his home of Hamilton today.

The procession will be leaving Ottawa at 1 p.m. ET and travelling to the Main Street East exit in Hamilton. The procession is expected to arrive in Hamilton around 6 or 7 p.m. Onlookers are already gathering on overpasses outside of Ottawa.

The route:
■Highway 416 to 401.
■Highway 401 to 404.
■Highway 404 to 407.
■Highway 407 to 403.
■Highway 403 to Main Street in Hamilton.
RIP cpl.
I hope there is a heavy police presence, as well as military, preferably armed. Never know when more of these scum will show up.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:14 PM

I've refrained from posting comments on these threads, but I have to say something to those of you who think the past day's 'incidents' are isolated to a couple of radicalized and vulnerable-to-being-exploited young men with serious issues, and have nothing to do with the 'peaceful' mainstream Canadian Muslim community.

I agree that many of them seem to be 'just like us' - wanting to live peaceful, productive lives. However, I have a colleague who lives and works in a large 'mainstream' Muslim community in a large Canadian city, part of his work involves doing social work, community building, and teaching life skills to youth. On Tuesday I got a letter from him asking for prayers of protection because SINCE the ISIL decree urging 'attacks' against 'infidels' he has been threatened several times by Canadian Muslims in the community where he works - threatened with being beheaded in public! As well, the local Christian church has been vandalized (repeatedly) and Christians threatened with harm. That community has now rapidly descended into living in a state of fear, and years of work trying to help make that community a stable and inclusive one are rapidly being undone.

After several threats he was compelled to call in the police, and they have come, and they have questioned the individuals issuing such threats, but basically they are just being told to behave. No arrests, no charges laid. The threats aren't being taken seriously, nor is the vandalism of Christian property. This colleague is in fear for his life and considering abandoning his life's work and moving away, as are the Christians living in the neighbourhood. When the Muslim component of that community was small and few it was 'peaceful' and full of talk about 'them' desiring to be fully integrated into Canadian life (as it can be merged with their Muslim faith), but now that more than 60% of the people living there are Muslim it is becoming a 'ghetto' where non-Muslims are unwelcome - and pressured to move out. What do you think the outcome of that, when successful, will be?

So, what say you who think there is no need to be concerned?
Just how far behind England, France, the Netherlands do you think we are here?

Europe's experience to that exact situation is that those areas become breeding grounds for extremism and radicalization.

What, O wise ones who want to embrace these folks with open arms and naive hearts, are your solutions to the problems we are just beginning to face?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:16 PM

CTV NEWS live cam on Highway of hero's waiting for Cpl Nathan Cirillo
RIP Troop
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2069521

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
I've refrained from posting comments on these threads, but I have to say something to those of you who think the past day's 'incidents' are isolated to a couple of radicalized and vulnerable-to-being-exploited young men with serious issues, and have nothing to do with the 'peaceful' mainstream Canadian Muslim community.

I agree that many of them seem to be 'just like us' - wanting to live peaceful, productive lives. However, I have a colleague who lives and works in a large 'mainstream' Muslim community in a large Canadian city, part of his work involves doing social work, community building, and teaching life skills to youth. On Tuesday I got a letter from him asking for prayers of protection because SINCE the ISIL decree urging 'attacks' against 'infidels' he has been threatened several times by Canadian Muslims in the community where he works - threatened with being beheaded in public! As well, the local Christian church has been vandalized (repeatedly) and Christians threatened with harm. That community has now rapidly descended into living in a state of fear, and years of work trying to help make that community a stable and inclusive one are rapidly being undone.

After several threats he was compelled to call in the police, and they have come, and they have questioned the individuals issuing such threats, but basically they are just being told to behave. No arrests, no charges laid. The threats aren't being taken seriously, nor is the vandalism of Christian property. This colleague is in fear for his life and considering abandoning his life's work and moving away, as are the Christians living in the neighbourhood. When the Muslim component of that community was small and few it was 'peaceful' and full of talk about 'them' desiring to be fully integrated into Canadian life (as it can be merged with their Muslim faith), but now that more than 60% of the people living there are Muslim it is becoming a 'ghetto' where non-Muslims are unwelcome - and pressured to move out. What do you think the outcome of that, when successful, will be?

Europe's experience to that exact situation is that those areas become breeding grounds for extremism and radicalization.

What, O wise ones who want to embrace these folks with open arms and naive hearts, are your solutions to the problems we are just beginning to face?
Millwoods? Your friend is the exact type we need on our side. The Muslims with inside information willing to stand against the radicalization.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
Millwoods? Your friend is the exact type we need on our side. The Muslims with inside information willing to stand against the radicalization.
No, sorry. He is caucasian, just works in a Muslim community, not in Alberta.
Back in late June he took me for a tour around that neighbourhood, it's quite an eye-opener!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your input, Those who disbelieve may need to pull their heads out for a breather.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
This is a total load of bull**** and you know it.
Its happening for a fact in England! Why couldn't it happen here? People like you with their head in the sand are one of the reasons this is starting here, because you with your soft brains buy into the "it's only a few" BS. You won't wake up until it hits you personally, or you don't care about what happens to others that are affected, as long as it's not you. Typical left wing selfish attitude.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Open your eyes man. Harper has been pushing the surveillance state for years, and if you don't believe that I refer you to Vic Teows - the one bawling about bill C-30 and he didn't even read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4z3p0XUYlY

Surveillance is all part and parcel of the terrorism antics. They already passed bill S-7, now we have more laws coming in. Wonderful.
That may certainly be true.

However, the chatter is about changing arrest, detention, etc. in addition to surveillence wrt terrorist activity, which aren't in those bills.

It is unfortunate that not all MPs read the bills, or that some bills are so massive that it is not possible to become familar with all the articles, but that is another topic for a different thread.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Its happening for a fact in England! Why couldn't it happen here? People like you with their head in the sand are one of the reasons this is starting here, because you with your soft brains buy into the "it's only a few" BS. You won't wake up until it hits you personally, or you don't care about what happens to others that are affected, as long as it's not you. Typical left wing selfish attitude.
Alot of emotion over this, but lets remain at a decent level of decorum. Its esy to get riled up.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Banned

People who refuse to see or accept what is happening are dragging this country down. They need to open up their eyes.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Europe's experience to that exact situation is that those areas become breeding grounds for extremism and radicalization

This is a total load of truth and awareness and everybody should know it.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
People who refuse to see or accept what is happening are dragging this country down. They need to open up their eyes.
And what can you do about it? You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube after years of multi culturalism and immigration.

I've heard no end of talk of reduction of our civil liberties and the creation of the survaillence state the last coule days.

Are we going to create xenophobic immigration policies.

Internment camps, creating the next Gitzmo for supreme cases.

I'd love to get rid of madmen religious or not religious, but if we are going to shift our foreign policy towards meddling in middle eastrn affairs we may very well have to get use to it. UK and Europe have not figured it out, are we going to? I dunno.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Administrator

I think this thread has gone on long enough now.
It has turned into a discussion on religion, which we don't want here.

Closed
Closed Thread