Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmike View Post
Yup time for the Flames to play a lil LEAP FROG eh hahaha

Oilers n Nucks didn't look to impressive in their last outings eh

GO FLAMES GO
GO HAWKS GO. helping those flames out again.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Eh is anybody heading north???? Could some one take a BIG case of tissue, you know the one's from Costco, better make it 2, Cause of those poor poor Coiler fans may need them Oh the 2nd case and you probally may have to share most of the 1st case with the Esks fans WHAT HAPPEN TO THEM

My Flames have wokin up n rollin
Ur Oilers are on a roll of their own
My Stamps have clinched 1st
Ur Esks have clinched a X-over or wouldn't of even made playoffs

So lets just keep er up boys, will be missing my sports for a bit. Going sheep hunting for the last week of the season.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 AM

Man I am soooo glad I worked at the Rocky Mtn Wine Festival all week and missed the 2 stinkers my sports team put up on las nite....phew....from all accounts not a good day. Ah well Jamies CFL prediction could still come true. As for the Oilers and Flames wayyy to much season for me to worry yet. With 8 more games on the road during CFR I hope they can struggle out with a .500 to stay in the hunt. These Oct points are very important come April.....

GO OIL
Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 PM

Whatever makes you sleep at night Kanon
Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Whatever makes you sleep at night Kanon
Actually the knowledge that these are more likely in Edmonton over the next 5 yrs than cowtown makes me sleep well at nite....

Old 10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

Kanon.. You serriously doubt the abilty for Calgary to win the Grey cup this year?

Or am I reading it wrong?

Jamie
Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Kanon.. You serriously doubt the abilty for Calgary to win the Grey cup this year?

Or am I reading it wrong?

Jamie
Jamie you better sit down for this, the only reason you guys are getting out of round 1 is because you have a bye....so YES I seriously doubt you will make the big game. Now that being said I WOULD LOVE if the perfect storm happened and we beat the Bombers ( doable ) then the Als ( longshot ) and you guys beat the Green Tide ( doable unless Burris implodes as usual ) and we have an all west Grey Cup ( lol the seperatists would crap fleur de lies )

But no I expect you guys to lose in the west final and I expect us to lose in the East final

Sorry pal
Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 AM

Just catching up to speed on things in the hockey world.. For those non-believers the oilers will rebound starting tonight. Can't go undefeated through the entire season I guess.

From the highlights I have seen looks like the Oilers and the canucks have a crazy rivalry going on. somthing to keep an eye on.

Holy crap did Brandon Sutter get leveled, But it did not look like he had touched the puck. I think that hit was a little early by weight. Hope Brandon will be alright, cause that not a nice way to start an NHL career.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Kanonfodder;203030]

QUOTE]

I love those! City of Champions still!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned

Thought I would post this up to drive in the miserable few weeks Ed has had.

Congrats to IGGY. One week he is getting a Gordy Howe hat trick.. The next he is the NHL's first star.

Iginla first star of the week Captain paces league with seven points in three games calgaryflames.com Oct 27, 2008, 3:03 PM EDT NEW YORK – Calgary Flames right wing Jarome Iginla, Colorado Avalanche goaltender Peter Budaj and Detroit Red Wings right wing Marian Hossa have been named the NHL's 'Three Stars' for the week ending October 26.

The Flames' captain, coming off his second 50-goal season, fueled the team's 3-0-0 week with five goals and two assists, meaning he was involved in seven of the Flames' 11 goals. Thanks to their perfect week, the Flames are now 4-3-1 after a 1-3-1 start.

Audio: Jarome Iginla 10/27/08

For the season, Iginla already has six goals and 10 points in eight games. Though it's early, he's on target to exceed last season's totals of 50 goals and 98 points.

"It's a nice honour. It feels good. It was a good week for our team," said Iginla. "It was a fun week. It's something that you don't really think about. When you get told it is a nice honour. We'd like to keep this going as a group."

Iginla
FIRST STAR – JAROME IGINLA, RW, CALGARY FLAMES Jarome Iginla

Iginla led all scorers with seven points (five goals, two assists) in three games as the Flames recorded three wins for the week. He began the week by scoring a goal in a 2-1 victory over the Washington Capitals on Oct. 21. On Oct. 23, he notched a hat-trick in a 5-3 win over the Nashville Predators. He finished the week by notching one goal and two assists in a 4-1 win over the Phoenix Coyotes on Oct. 25. The seven-point week brings Iginla’s season total to 10 (6-4--10), tied for 15th in overall NHL scoring

Jamie
Old 10-27-2008, 06:12 PM

So your team is a one trick pony??
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

Kanon..
Personaly I have found that a one trick pony is infinatly better than a NO TRICK pony...

Jamie
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 PM

Well my team lost a heartbreaker in OT, Jamie enjoy your one trick pony cuz if he pulls up lame your screwed....
Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 PM

That was a brutal outcome. What the heck is it going to take to get the boys motivated to play harder. hhmmmm Maybe to play the flames again we haven't lost yet to them. that would get us going again
Old 10-28-2008, 01:12 AM

heheheheheheheheheheh....................
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Well my team lost a heartbreaker in OT, Jamie enjoy your one trick pony cuz if he pulls up lame your screwed....
Camallari,Langkow,Lombardi,Glencross,Moss,Boyd ect ect ect I think we will be fine

Last time Iggy went up lame the Flames went on like a 10 game winning streak
Old 10-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Flames are looking so good How's the oil doing????
Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Well, I was forunate enough to get to go to last nights game against the Avalanche. It was B-day celebration with the kids and my wonderful wife.
Though we sat up in the "cheap" seats the view was ok, but the atmosphere was a bit rowdy. Nothing my kids couldnt handel, but it was getting there.

Game its self was a bit of a snoozer, until the 3rd that is.
Good on kipper with his 150 win and a shut out to boot!!

I know its early, but this team is starting to look like a good team. Slow start, but they seem to be hitting it now. 2 points out of first.. Could be a good year.

OH yeah.. as for that panic button... If I was a Ed fan, I would be keeping it VERY close. How many more years are they going to keep Mac T?

Jamie
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Were keepn MacT as long as you guys play Sutter type hockey ( whatever that is ), I said it earlier Im not hittn the panic button till I see what type of team we have after the big road trip. Starts thurs in Nashville, but the Flames did finally wake up in the 3rd last nite wish my Oil had of the night before..... lets go OIL
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 PM

Some Leafs humour.

The O.P.P. are cracking down on speeders heading into Toronto.
For the first offense,they give you two Toronto Maple Leaf tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 30 millionaires around a TV watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
A. The Toronto Maple Leafs

Q. What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 20,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Toronto Maple Leafs out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal net.

Q. What do you call a Toronto Maple Leaf with a Stanley Cup ring?
A. A thief.

Q. How many Toronto Maple Leafs does it taketo win a Stanley Cup?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q. What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Were keepn MacT as long as you guys play Sutter type hockey ( whatever that is ), I said it earlier Im not hittn the panic button till I see what type of team we have after the big road trip. Starts thurs in Nashville, but the Flames did finally wake up in the 3rd last nite wish my Oil had of the night before..... lets go OIL
I guess you are asking what "Sutter" type hockey is.. I know your not overly familiar with it, so I will try and dumb it down a bit for you..

It's called
WINNING!!!

I also think Ed has a bitch of a road trip.
and where in the heck are my B-day congrats ????

Jamie
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I guess you are asking what "Sutter" type hockey is.. I know your not overly familiar with it, so I will try and dumb it down a bit for you..

It's called
WINNING!!!

I also think Ed has a bitch of a road trip.
and where in the heck are my B-day congrats ????

Jamie
Awww man sorry I forgot the Bday wish ....so hear it is.....I wish that someday that your city enjoys the same rich sporting heritage that we do in the city of Edmonton. No I dont you guys suck and always will......

you guys are 5-3 we are 4-3 with a game in hand kinda early to be gloating James...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
, I said it earlier Im not hittn the panic button till I see what type of team we have after the big road trip. Starts thurs in Nashville, but the Flames did finally wake up in the 3rd last nite wish my Oil had of the night before..... lets go OIL
I feel the same way. I will be watching to see what happens, If they can't pull out a win in the first couple games though I hope they will make some changes some where.

This sucks not being able to laugh at the flames right now They are winning and we are not. But I can feel change on the horizan, OIlers are going to turn it around the season is still young.

LETS GO OILERS
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

The Oilers biggest problem is that they cannot attract a franchise player. No superstar wants to play in this small market. The Oil offered Vanek 50 million this past off season and he opted to play for less elsewhere. This has been a big hurdle the Oil cannot overcome.

Last edited by Leverboy; 10-30-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverboy View Post
The Oilers biggest problem is that they cannot attract a franchise player. No superstar wants to play in this small market. The Oil offered Vanek 50 million this past off season and he opted to play for less elsewhere. This has been a big hurdle the Oil cannot overcome.
Even as a flames fan I cannot help but see the glaring errors in your statement. With the new owner and his willingness to spend I see them getting a franchise player to sign in the near future. You are EXTREMELY wrong in your assessment of Vanek. First, It was actually not last summer but the summer before. Second, They signed him to an "offer sheet" Meaning, he was a RESTRICTED free agent and not an actual free agent. Signing him to the offer sheet meant that If the Sabres did not sign him to that exact deal within a few days they would lose him. They opted to keep him and the oilers lost the deal. It was not that he did not want to come to edmonton at all. The same thing happened with penner. He was a restricted free agent and the oilers signed him to an offer sheet. This really pi$$ed off brian burke and started the current fued between them. The ducks did not match the offer and they lost him. As compensation the oilers had to fork over a few draft picks, including last summers first round pick.

cheers,
Old 10-30-2008, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=Leverboy;205206] The Oil offered Vanek 50 million this past off season and he opted to play for less elsewhere. QUOTE]

No the sabres matched it. but you are right about hard to attract players. appparently we are in siberia or something haha
Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

I think it has more do to with a player wanting to live in a city where he won't get recognized every 2 minutes of the day and can have a bit of privacy. That is hear nor there however and the Oil will once again be watching the scores come spring hoping other teams win them into the playoffs as per usual becaus ethey cannot do it themselves. Especially with this years lineup.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 PM

hehehehehehehe.......................
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I think it has more do to with a player wanting to live in a city where he won't get recognized every 2 minutes of the day and can have a bit of privacy. That is hear nor there however and the Oil will once again be watching the scores come spring hoping other teams win them into the playoffs as per usual becaus ethey cannot do it themselves. Especially with this years lineup.
So your basically sayn any Canadian City is out? Lets face it if you play hockey up here your going to be recognized by most people.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
SOooooo
Why doesnt LA have a killer team...
Its not about that.

In Edmontons case it has been rumored it is the town its self. If I remember correctly the Oilers even have DVD that tells all that will listen what a great place Ed is.
Now as much as I dislike Ed.. It cant be that bad....

Jamie