Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2023, 07:38 AM

Default Liberator Rocket Stove

wondering if anyone has one, and what they think about it?
https://youtu.be/RZCa5BpE7Xc

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-02-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
wondering if anyone has one, and what they think about it?
https://youtu.be/RZCa5BpE7Xc
Depends on what you want to use it for. Heating up the garage, I think it’s great.
They burn clean and barely any smoke. That clean burning takes a lot of airflow and that moves the heat up and out the chimney, you lose a lot.

I’ve got a similar set up I’m my house (look up German cachelofen) and it’s got a similar burner but also uses a lot of firebrick and ceramics to hold the heat. It’ll stay hot for about 18 hours after I’ve stopped adding wood. 3 armloads of wood is all I need.

Using the rocket stove with some way to harvest the heat out of the chimney would work very well indeed. I’d run the chimney DOWN after it leaves the stove through a metal ash trap that you can clean out and then through a masonry “maze” back and forth a few times before it goes out the main chimney.

It takes a few minutes to get the chimney warmed up and drawing especially because you’re directing the smoke down to start with but once she’s chugging away it’s never a problem. If it’s already warm when you start a backdraft is never a problem.

It’s hard to explain, if you’re in Calgary I can show you mine and you’ll get the idea a lot faster.

If you didn’t want to be Uber efficient like above you could lay up a bunch of bricks around the stove, and use them to trap heat and let it out slowly over a period of time. Add a fan to the set up and it’ll work even better.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:53 PM

I did see a vid where the guy welded a couple half pipes up the side and filled them with sand for a sand battery to hold heat too.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-02-2023, 02:28 PM

Smaller heat output than an ordinary woodstove, fuel source is sticks and twigs so feeding it is going to be time consuming as you can't load it up with 20-30 lbs. of fuel at one time and forget about it. Also probably not CSA approved which may not matter if you put it in an uninsured building, if it causes fire damage in an insured building you will be disqualified from making a claim because of this device. I guess it must be cheap but other than that an approved woodstove is a better option IMO.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
Smaller heat output than an ordinary woodstove, fuel source is sticks and twigs so feeding it is going to be time consuming as you can't load it up with 20-30 lbs. of fuel at one time and forget about it. Also probably not CSA approved which may not matter if you put it in an uninsured building, if it causes fire damage in an insured building you will be disqualified from making a claim because of this device. I guess it must be cheap but other than that an approved woodstove is a better option IMO.
nah it runs on pellets almost no ash and way more heat production than any other wood stove its not your little pipe welded stick burner for the outdoors
I dont intend on using it unless the grid drops out and we have no natural gas, if I dont hook up the chimney its just a decoration. if theres no other source of heat then i dont care what insurance thinks they will be freezing too

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds