Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-22-2012, 07:20 AM

Default Jiffy Stealth 3 horse

Opinions on wtf is wrong? Auger is 4 years old. Starts first pull every time. Let it warm up, when it changes gears(under load) it seems to under power and wanna die out. This is where i continue to prime it and keep plugging away, about 4-5 times per hole. Which is annoying. Just got it back from shop due to issue(needing to prime contiuously) They replaced the diaphragm, adjusted carb, cleaned it out, new plug. Said good to go. Took it out yesterday and same problem. Any ideas as to what my prob would be. They assured me it was the diaphragm and good to go. Dont wanna give up on this unit yet cause its been good to me in the past. A lot of holes. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM

plugged fuel line?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Well to start out with....

We're you located?

I would also check the gas cap for vent
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydude View Post
Well to start out with....

We're you located?

I would also check the gas cap for vent
x2 my friends eskimo same prob now it has old jiffy cap with out stupid pin hole has a proper hand turn vent doamakicky.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM

I suggested a new fuel line to the tech, response was didn't need it...? Am located in calgary. Have fished spray, gull, newell and keho this year already. Altitude doesn't seem to effect the performance as far as i've noticed. In the past definitely not. May try a new fuel line. See how that works. Fuel cap has the air bleed valve on it with an o-ring(open on running). Can't figure it out.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:14 PM

I woulda called the carb too, but sounds like you coverred that already.. Bad fuel? Check plug? Gap? Try the fuel line, it can't hurt...
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule View Post
I suggested a new fuel line to the tech, response was didn't need it...? Am located in calgary. Have fished spray, gull, newell and keho this year already. Altitude doesn't seem to effect the performance as far as i've noticed. In the past definitely not. May try a new fuel line. See how that works. Fuel cap has the air bleed valve on it with an o-ring(open on running). Can't figure it out.
pour out most of gas in a safe manner. rubber band ziploc bag over filler neck cut a top corner off .the bag is just to stop spillage.start as normal let warm up start drilling let die or it will run fine.if it dies pull plug is it wet or dry. wet usually means spark issue.dry means fuel issue . hmm this is a good one sounds like high speed passage in carb blocked.or fuel cap.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule View Post
pour out most of gas in a safe manner. rubber band ziploc bag over filler neck cut a top corner off .the bag is just to stop spillage.start as normal let warm up start drilling let die or it will run fine.if it dies pull plug is it wet or dry. wet usually means spark issue.dry means fuel issue . hmm this is a good one sounds like high speed passage in carb blocked or fuel cap.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM

I just bought the same auger brand new never used or even put together! Took it out to the lake yesterday and I could not even punch the first hole with it! Same problem starts
Good then dies out under load. Found a small screwdriver and adjusted the carb and managed to get it to run better but not great but atleast it sounds cool when it does run!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Did they replace or adjust the high-speed jet when it when in for service??